Should Dirty be on PR since he said Jordan isnt top 5 in NBA History?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: Should Dirty be on PR since he said Jordan isnt top 5 in NBA History?

All time lists are flawed inherently because you cannot crossover eras. That is the same for any sport. Mike was the best player of his era, no doubt. Maybe the best of all time, he was properly marketed by mass media. I wanna be like Mike. He transcended everything. Kobe was getting there but his I can do it alone attitude, and an ugly alledged rape blew that up. Mike even left, looked like crap at bases, and won some more. How many times you see the best player in the game take a walk for an extended time, comeback and dominate. Mike was like us. He partied, he smoked cigars, played golf and gambled. A degenerate with an unending bankroll. Did King David make Mike take some time off? I forget the official version. So Akeem got a couple titles for some vets.

I watched him lay in 60? against then playoff savvy Celts in the playoffs. You knew then, this guy had it. Best game was when he was sick as a dog, puking his guts out. Word got out and everyone was scrambling to get down Jordan under. That was the order. I said, no thanks, I'll watch. Sure enough, has the guttiest performance I ever saw an individual have on the basketball court. You could see it, he was very ill, but he brought it. He elevated and he dominated. Better than the Gibson homer, that was a note, this was a symphony. Forget Kobe's 80, what a joke, this was NBA Finals, and Mike delivered the goods. I looked around the book and every person there was in utter disbelief. They moved that prop down on odds, then points, then took it down. Info was good, but Mike was the best.

You could say Russell, easily best player his era, but before media marketing and he is kind of a racist dog. I guess being in Boston and Black was a very bitter experience. Not public friendly. Lew Alcindor could have, but he like Timmy had no use for anybody. He did his own thing, good for him. Magic was getting there but bitter fued between him and Zeke, supposedly friends, then the AID's ending. You never looked at him the same. We know Kobe the rapist saga. Was better when he was just Frank Sanatra. I could laugh at that, but alledged rape is no laughing matter. Done. Mike earned his rep, he paid his dues and he did it his way.

Probably top 3 athlete of the last 50 years, Tiger, Mike and ...

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

wtf ,jorden was the best nba player ever just based on his defence, u guy are :doh1

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

He gets an EOG Ban if he says no top 3

death row for not saying top 5!!!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

:finger004:finger004:finger004 :dancefool:dancefool:dancefool
Hey Dirty, I think I know that girl in your avatar...........................or maybe it was her Mother!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

dirty

EOG Master

Hey Dirty, I think I know that girl in your avatar...........................or maybe it was her Mother!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

either or is fine with em :houra:houra:houra

cincy_

EOG Veteran

If winning titles is everything, the Celtics won 16 ... maybe they had some good players too?

... but people don't know shit about that era and Jordan is all have seen, so for them, he is the greatest.

... by 2040, the people who watched Jordan will be dead, Jordan will be history and some shit player who wins 2 titles and dunks the ball real hard will be crowned "the greatest ever" by that generation

... and if an old fart tries to bring up Jordan's name they will be ridiculed like Dirty is being ridiculed.
JORDAN WOULDN'T HAVE WON SHIT IF WILT OR RUSSELL OR OSCAR WERE STILL IN THE LEAGUE.
it was a different era, if Jordan had dunked on any one of them, he would be missing 5 teeth the 2nd time around.

mofome

Banned

JORDAN WOULDN'T HAVE WON SHIT IF WILT OR RUSSELL OR OSCAR WERE STILL IN THE LEAGUE.

what about the fact that oscar lost many more games than he won? this statement is useless. oscar wasnt taking home championships from anyone. he won one, with lou.

:+clueless

Journeyman

EOG Master

Jordan was never defeated when it mattered most, and is without question best ever , in all of sports.

How soon people forget.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

If JORDAN WOULDN'T HAVE WON SHIT IF WILT OR RUSSELL OR OSCAR WERE STILL IN THE LEAGUE.

Russell was a great member of a great team...............how many rings did Robertson and Chamberlain win? Combined? Obviously, even the best of the best need help to win rings. Thatbeing said, Jordan's cast of teammates was weaker than any of the other 'dynasties' except for maybe Alexis Carrington!

sl55

EOG Veteran

:+clueless

you mean, how soon deeds forgets.

:cheers
MO,you are becoming precariously close to having your air supply being cut off and being beat to a bloody pulp if you keep razzing Dirty:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

biggamer3

EOG Master

MO,you are becoming precariously close to having your air supply being cut off and being beat to a bloody pulp if you keep razzing Dirty:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO
Dirty brought this upon himself and this matter wont be resolved until Dirty apologizes to Jordan himself for the disrespect he has shown unto him

cincy_

EOG Veteran

WOW .. compare Jordan to Oscar and people want to compare championships ... does that mean Horry is better than Jordan? Or do the rules for comparison change all of a sudden?

It's either a qualitative comparison or a quantitative one ... the Jordan worshipers have to decide which one they want before bashing Dirty.

cincy_

EOG Veteran

Russell was a great member of a great team...............how many rings did Robertson and Chamberlain win? Combined? Obviously, even the best of the best need help to win rings. Thatbeing said, Jordan's cast of teammates was weaker than any of the other 'dynasties' except for maybe Alexis Carrington!

Well duh ... the league is watered down today because there are more teams. In an 8 team league, you would have 2, 3 or 4 all-stars on almost every team ... THAT was the competition Wilt and Russell and Oscar faced ... they didn't have scrubs guarding them.

mofome

Banned

WOW .. compare Jordan to Oscar and people want to compare championships ... does that mean Horry is better than Jordan? Or do the rules for comparison change all of a sudden?

It's either a qualitative comparison or a quantitative one ... the Jordan worshipers have to decide which one they want before bashing Dirty.

you're not terribly bright. YOU said jordan wouldnt have won if oscar was in the league. YOU referenced championships, i replied to YOU. you're iq can't be much over 3. unless, of course, you meant regular season wins when you said 'JORDAN WOULDN'T HAVE WON SHIT IF WILT OR RUSSELL OR OSCAR WERE STILL IN THE LEAGUE'. maybe you meant jordan would have gone 0-82? either way, nice post.

-cincy! brains not included.

:nono

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Well duh ... the league is watered down today because there are more teams. In an 8 team league, you would have 2, 3 or 4 all-stars on almost every team ... THAT was the competition Wilt and Russell and Oscar faced ... they didn't have scrubs guarding them.
:+clueless I know I am easily confused but this still makes little sense to me. If there were so many quality teams how did the Celtics beat them all for almost two decades without a serious challenge? I believe Michael winning 6 rings in a decade with marginal help is much more impressive than the Celtics, Pistons and Lakers all trying to do the same thing but with much stronger 'TEAMS'! I intend no disrespect for the older teams and players but your argument for better teams with better players because of the lesser number of teams seems to make our argument for Jordan even stronger, at least to me. Bottom line, Dirty is wrong as is anyone who agrees with him

cincy_

EOG Veteran

you're not terribly bright. YOU said jordan wouldnt have won if oscar was in the league. YOU referenced championships, i replied to YOU. you're iq can't be much over 3. unless, of course, you meant regular season wins when you said 'JORDAN WOULDN'T HAVE WON SHIT IF WILT OR RUSSELL OR OSCAR WERE STILL IN THE LEAGUE'. maybe you meant jordan would have gone 0-82? either way, nice post.

-cincy! brains not included.

:nono

Whatever ... go take some PMS pills.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

If you got a list of all fans and sportswriters and asked them for their TOP 5 all time in all 4 major sports combined, Jordan would be on many lists, so to say he's not top 5 all time NBA is probably incorrect.

biggamer3

EOG Master

If you got a list of all fans and sportswriters and asked them for their TOP 5 all time in all 4 major sports combined, Jordan would be on many lists, so to say he's not top 5 all time NBA is probably incorrect.
Probably only?

jordan is the babe ruth of basketball. he's an icon. he's the best ever. and this is not even open for discussion. silly to say he's not in the top 5.

dirty

EOG Master

Coming from Someone with as little credibility as you and who bets 30 unit monopoly money, you should not have a say

biggamer3

EOG Master

Coming from Someone with as little credibility as you and who bets 30 unit monopoly money, you should not have a say

According to you unless you bet real money you cant have an opinion on the NBA?

cincy_

EOG Veteran

thats your reply? you make no sense, so i should take pills? interesting logic.

:+excited-

It was late, I was tired and that was the best I could come up with ... now go take some more pills:)

biggamer3

EOG Master

Guys i asked for him to be put on Post Review not Banned

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Jordan was great No doubt. I put Magic in there ahead of him because he could play any position on the court.

Was Jordan a great guard.... Most Definitely.... I put Oscar R in there because he rebounded and played Defense better.. did not score as much but did other things better......

Not a knock on Jordan at all.

Mike is considered one of the greatest defensive guards of all-time.

I was searching for threads about Boston last year, and came across this. Jordan not a type 5 player? :+clueless

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Yeah, you really have to put out a 58 page report with all the bells and whistles to convince me MJ isn't top 5. If you want to say he's not top 1, i'll listen. If you want to say he's not top 5, i'll have a hard time hearing what you have to say.

biggamer3

EOG Master

HAHA

i still laugh that he really thought MJ wasnt top 5

biggamer3

EOG Master

When it comes to NBA, Dirty is not allowed in the discussion. Absolutely ridiculous! Is there a way to put a Mod on Ignore in the NBA forum?
:LMAO:LMAO

Cannon

Banned

Dirty was a good dude that picked winners. I know I bet them.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Great bump Gamer. HT has all Centers on his list though - no guards or forwards are allowed to be top 5.

biggamer3

EOG Master

wow looking at MJ's stats its sick to see a scorer put up 55% FG in a season