denver +280 series v the lakers, i'm on it like flies on rice

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: denver +280 series v the lakers, i'm on it like flies on rice

Sorry the way youre talking made me think you hadnt been watching the playoffs. Denver has been the 2nd most dominating team in the playoffs. 10-0 ATS thats is what I call unfucking real.

Do you know who just took the fakers to 7 games? A bunch of kids without there 3 best players.

It's a mindset. I agree that Denver has looked great, but that's what kills gamblers. They look at the past 10 games, and forget about an entire season of work. The Lakers are the type of team that you have judge when they're playing well. I don't like betting on a team to "not play their best". I like to bet on the team that I think will win it all, if they play their best.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Sorry the way youre talking made me think you hadnt been watching the playoffs. Denver has been the 2nd most dominating team in the playoffs. 10-0 ATS thats is what I call unfucking real.

Do you know who just took the fakers to 7 games? A bunch of kids without there 3 best players.

And we don't know what we are talking about? Did you just call Dikembe the Rockets third best player?

waco

EOG Dedicated

Why do you think the books made the line so high? They want all Denver money.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Why do you think the books made the line so high? They want all Denver money.
imo the line is set where it is so the books won't get 95% Lakers money beings how almost everyone is in love with them and handed them the WC trophy months ago.

waco

EOG Dedicated

Who is going to lay -280 to win a hundred with the way they played the last series? Books know what they are doing.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Who is going to lay -280 to win a hundred with the way they played the last series? Books know what they are doing.
Yeah exactly...still plenty of people love the Lakers enough but if the line was a lot lower books would have been absolutely flooded.

Worst cover up I've seen on the forums. Get a comment wrong, and play it off like you never said it... :+textinb3 I like your style.

Worst cover up ever? Who did you think I thought was their 3rd best player?

I merely saying that Artest didnt show up in the series. Now you guys are making quit obvious that you didnt even watch it.

Ron Santo

EOG Member

denver recent playoff history:

08 - lost to eventual west conf champ lakers, 4-0
07 - lost to eventual nba champ, san antone spurs, 4-1
06 - lost to the clippers, 4-1
05 - lost to eventual nba champ, san antone, 4-1
04 - lost to #1 west seed, minnesota, 4-1

and the next entry will be:

09 - lost to eventual nba champ, lakers 4-1

gotta give 'em credit for the consistency on the elimination series
all blowouts 4-0, 4-1

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

and the next entry will be:

09 - lost to eventual nba champ, lakers 4-1

gotta give 'em credit for the consistency on the elimination series
all blowouts 4-0, 4-1

the difference now is that they are much more mature, they have chauncey, the bird-man, and a new dedication to defense

4-1 aint happenin, sir

Ron Santo

EOG Member

the difference now is that they are much more mature, they have chauncey, the bird-man, and a new dedication to defense

4-1 aint happenin, sir

You're probably right, but that's my prediction and I'm sticking with it.
I think that the last series was a wake-up call for the Lakers.
I hope that I'm wrong, and would love to see Denver advance.

tripp

EOG Master

Denver is going to get the majority of the money for the people saying otherwise. It would shock me if they didn't. Just random polls on sports sites asking readers who they think will win have the majority saying Denver, and that's not even with a +250 price tag attached. So if the majority of the public think Denver beats LA why would LA get more action at -280?

Lakers will win this series quite easily imo. Denver is getting WAY too much hype. I am considering emptying one of my accts on the Lakers because I just see no way Denver wins this series. The public has fallen way too in love with these guys.

Denver is going to get the majority of the money for the people saying otherwise. It would shock me if they didn't. Just random polls on sports sites asking readers who they think will win have the majority saying Denver, and that's not even with a +250 price tag attached. So if the majority of the public think Denver beats LA why would LA get more action at -280?

Lakers will win this series quite easily imo. Denver is getting WAY too much hype. I am considering emptying one of my accts on the Lakers because I just see no way Denver wins this series. The public has fallen way too in love with these guys.

I wonder why? Maybe its going 10-0 against the spread that made them such fans. :+textinb3

Cannon

Banned

refs took care of Dallas against Miami a few years ago.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

i keep hearing ppl say that "the matchups are bad for denver", well i disagree, yes kobe is a very tough cover, but d jones out of duke, the athletic swingman, will get that assignment, chauncey and jr smith will fine on defense, and the trio of nene, birdman, and k-mart will handle pao, bynum will be a non factor just like he has been for most of the 'offs, and how bout carmelo, who the hell on the lakers can handle carmelo?

you guys sound like the guys who were touting the flakers over the celtics last yr and i took the celtics at +180 and laughed all the way to the fricken bank

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

No one can defend Kobe Bryant like Shane Battier and Ron Artest.

Houston has 2 Michael Cooper's on the court defending Kobe.

Who does Denver have on their roster than can defend Kobe???

Who???

LA will have much more space on the court to operate their offense against Denver than they did against Houston.

When LA plays defense like they did in game 5 and game 7 no one can beat them. LA is closer to the title and they will show up defensively to every home game.

Forget what Denver has done in the playoffs. LA would have done the same to New Orleans and Dallas.

Listen to Winky, he is right.

LA pounds Denver

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

who on boston last yr could guard kobe when the celtics shit pounded the flakers? bowen, artest, and battier are the 3 guys that do the best job against kobe, but you dont need one of them on your team to win, you need to play great team defense and have one guy shadow him everywhere, the nuggets will take turns guarding him and have fresh guys on him most of the game, but the main guys will be jr smith and d jones, carmelo might even get in there unless he picks up a couple of fouls

and who the hell on the lakers will guard carmelo anthony or chauncey? you dont think carmelo's pts will offset kobe's? he is kobe's equal when it comes to scoring at this pt in his career

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

who on boston last yr could guard kobe when the celtics shit pounded the flakers? bowen, artest, and battier are the 3 guys that do the best job against kobe, but you dont need one of them on your team to win, you need to play great team defense and have one guy shadow him everywhere, the nuggets will take turns guarding him and have fresh guys on him most of the game, but the main guys will be jr smith and d jones, carmelo might even get in there unless he picks up a couple of fouls

and who the hell on the lakers will guard carmelo anthony or chauncey? you dont think carmelo's pts will offset kobe's? he is kobe's equal when it comes to scoring at this pt in his career

Sorry,

Team defense doesnt work against the Lakers when your have Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum healthy and Lamar Odom down low. You help on Kobe the ball goes inside and its a dunk and lay up fest.

LA has defended Carmelo Anthony before and they will do it again.

Lesson Here: If you cant stop Kobe you will get pounded.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

1 good gm this playoffs and you are declaring bynum healthy? you dont think the knee is giving him problems at all w/his confidence? you think he feels in the flow of the offense after the team has played 12 gms and he has been factor in exactly 1 of those gms?

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

the 4 best defensive teams i have seen the past 2 seasons

celtics '08
rockets '09
cavs '09

and

nuggets '09

yes, the nug's have turned the corner on defense and have finally bought in to karl, a defensive minded coach his whole career, what's the difference now? chauncey who was a great defender in detroit and even in his early 30s is very crafty and knows how to irritate his opponents, nene and k-mart have improved their defense dramatically and bird man is an eraser in the paint........even carmelo has upped his defensive gm to help them on this tear

some of you have not been watching the playoffs this season, apparently

tripp

EOG Master

woah, no way nuggets are one of the best four defenses of the past two years. spurs play better defense, cavs played better defense last year, spurs were better defensively last year, pistons were better last year, and probably a ton more. that is ridiculous.

man the nuggets are really get hyped up. this is now the publics darling team it seems. not often the lakers will win the conference by double digit games and still have the public picking them to lose in the playoffs.

there is a reason the lakers raped everybody in the west this year and it wasn't luck. as i've said the lakers will have an easier time with denver than they had with houston. i would be very, very surprised if this even went 7 games. i honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a 5 game series.

if i am wrong, fine. i will admit that if that turns out to be the case and i would also lose a good bit of money if denver wins. it would absolutely shock me though. i honestly think the cavs have a better chance of losing the series than the lakers, and i don't see the cavs needing 7 games either.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

ask cleveland 07, miami 06, if the "raping" everyone in their conference is the way to get to the finals, those teams i just mentioned were 2-seeds and lost their conf's to the 1-seed detroit both yrs by a ton of gms, sometimes team who win too many gms in the reg season (like dallas 07 who got the 1-seed and ko'ed in the 1st rd by golden st) have busted their nut during the reg season and have nothing left in the toughest part of the playoffs which is the conf finals and finals

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

tripp, the last time the spurs played great defense was 07, they have dropped off considerably on defense since then which is why they got pounded by the lakers last yr and pounded by dallas this yr, i realize that manu was hobbled last yrs playoffs and did not play this season, but good teams adjust to losing their 3rd best player and at least put up a fight, last yr's spurs folded to the lakers in embarrassing fashion, and lets not even talk about this yrs collapse against the mavs

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

denver front line defensively is > boston celtics frontline last yr, defensively, KG is incredible on his own but combo of nene, birdman, k-mart in totality is better than boston frontline was last yr, defensively, and look what happened

why will denver win in LA? because defense travels...and the nugget D right now is better than the lakers D and it's not even close................nuggets can win in LA, lakers can NOT win in denver...........denver has a better hm crt advantage + much better defensive team

denver in 6

idiotic to say the Nuggets interior defense is better than Bostons last year. LA could flat out not score in the paint at all on them last year. Perkins a better shot blocking presence along with KG than Denver can serve up, plus while Denver is playing good defense, it as a whole is not anywhere near what Boston served up to LA last year. Stupid post.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holl...ba/hollinger/teamstats?sort=defeff&league=nba

Gridiron Guy says Denver is the fourth best defensive team in the last two seasons. Funny thing is that in these playoffs alone, they haven't even been better than the Lakers. In fact, they're the worst defensive team left in the playoffs.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holl...teamstats?sort=defeff&seasonType=2&league=nba

9th in the Regular Season in defensive effieciency, and they're the 2nd best defensive team in basketball? The Lakers are a better defensive team, and that shows up in every statistical category.

The Celtics were the best defensive team in the league last year, that's why they could contain Kobe. The Nuggets are not. I'm the biggest JR Smith fan in the world, and you're telling me he'll match up on Kobe at times? If that's true, Kobe will score 40 every night. Dahntay Jones, Guarding Kobe Bryant? That's laughable. Carmelo has been shut down by the Lakers all year, and they can put someone who is extremely tall and athletic on him, like Odom, to disrupt his flow.

There's a reason that the Lakers beat the Nuggets this year, even when Billups was there, and that's because they're better than the Nuggets.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

timely, i judge defense with my eyes, you can spew out all the stats you want, but no fukkin way right now, right fukkin now, are the lakers a better defensive team than denver, the laker interior defense was atrocious, i mean absolutely fukkin atrocious, in the 3 losses to the rockets, they looked completely lost, they were confused by simple offensive sets, and they made avg guys like landry, hayes, and esp scola, look like stars, when yao was out, there was absolutely no excuse for the lakers to let the series go to 7, i mean come on, are you gona ignore the 2 blowout losses at hou when yao was out?

meanwhile, the nugs were at home resting, and the coaching staff was scheming and drawing up exactly how they play to attack the overrated, soft, ripe to be beaten, flakers, the fun begins in 6 hrs and 20 mins

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

timely, i judge defense with my eyes, you can spew out all the stats you want, but no fukkin way right now, right fukkin now, are the lakers a better defensive team than denver, the laker interior defense was atrocious, i mean absolutely fukkin atrocious, in the 3 losses to the rockets, they looked completely lost, they were confused by simple offensive sets, and they made avg guys like landry, hayes, and esp scola, look like stars, when yao was out, there was absolutely no excuse for the lakers to let the series go to 7, i mean come on, are you gona ignore the 2 blowout losses at hou when yao was out?

meanwhile, the nugs were at home resting, and the coaching staff was scheming and drawing up exactly how they play to attack the overrated, soft, ripe to be beaten, flakers, the fun begins in 6 hrs and 20 mins

I judge everything with my eyes as well. Best way to cap things. Difference is mine are a hell of a lot better than yours if you think Denver interior defense is Better than Boston's last year and you think Bibby's impact on Atlanta is equal to Billups on Denver.

:cheers

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'll use my eyes, and statistics over an 82 game season to make my choice. Lakers were 3rd in the league, maybe forth, in defensive efficiency and the Nuggets were 8th.

You can use your eyes, but the facts are that Denver is still weak defensively on the perimeter. Outside of Billups, they're not a great defensive team on the perimeter.

Those are facts. You want to say that they're the 4th best defensive team in the last couple of years, they have to at least rank in the top 2 of defensive efficiency this year. If you look at that list, over the last 5 years, you really can't argue with the results of the top teams. The Nuggets are not a better defensive team than the Lakers. You're really over estimating this team. I hope you have 1/2 your account on the Nuggets the way you're talking. You're acting like they should be favorites.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

It's impossible to argue with someone who uses his "eyes" to judge teams. They ignore all facts...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Since Billups has arrived in Denver, the Lakers have averaged 100 PPG against them, and in one game they only scored 79 points. 100 PPG against the best defensive team of our lifetime... Pretty impressive.... lol

Timely does not understand basketball. He made it clear that he didnt even watch the LA/Hou series.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Timely does not understand basketball. He made it clear that he didnt even watch the LA/Hou series.

I watched. I also am making it clear that match ups are everything in the NBA. I watched every game of that series. Don't call me out because you were using some "code" to say that Ron Artest didn't show up....

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i think denver gets it done in 6 gms

:pop:

Congrats for nailing the number of games DEAD ON

But you know what flies also spend time on?

that's what your posts were - SHIT!

Talk touigh all ya want but now pay the consequences for it. thanks for saying i would leave and never come back if the lakers lost - they did NOT Lose - LIKE 99% OF US KNEW WOULD HAPPEN!