Zachery Greinke

choslamshe

EOG Master
So, i cannot say i knew/know alot about this stud, aside from the fact that he is absolutely dominant early on in the season. Saying dominant is not even enough to describe how he's pitched in his first handful of starts.

I'm just wondering from either bball or Royals fans out there...has he done something or changed something either with his mechanics or whatever that is to credit his early success? I just went back to look at his stats from last 5 years...aside from a couple years ('05 and '06) his numbers were decent (considering the team he played for).

I haven't seem him pitch much even this year, however his situation kind of reminds me of the Roy Halladay and Chris Carpenter breakouts that seemed to occur overnight.

I can still remember both Halladay and Carpenter getting LIT UP when they first entered, but now have changed so much of their game and are among the best.

Imagine if Greinke won a Cy Young and led the Royals to an above .500 year? How crazy would that be?

Bluegreen

EOG Member
Re: Zachery Greinke

well, I know not to take a -195 line on him again. I'm sure it won't be that high anyway when he comes up again. Lesson learned.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Greinke is sick...unreal slider, good fast ball that he can locate, and great control. .82 era is absolutely sick...6.1 ks/bb isn't too shabby with just over 1k per inning pitched.

choslamshe

EOG Master

yea, guy seems to be a phenom out of nowhere...i haven't had the luxery of watching him pitch this year..gonna have to tune in soon tho

choslamshe

EOG Master

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=pitcherId390851 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Greinke </TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>103</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8</TD><TR class=bg2 id=pitcherId212257 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TR class=bg2 id=pitcherId8206 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>If you think the above line is getting hit "well".....he must be the best pitcher in the league then. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Yeah if
<table class="tablehead" style="margin: 5px 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220); vertical-align: top; width: 100%; line-height: normal;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" style="background-color: rgb(193, 193, 193); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" align="right"><td align="left" width="37%">Pitchers</td><td width="7%">IP</td><td width="6%">H</td><td width="6%">R</td><td width="6%">ER</td><td width="6%">BB</td><td width="6%">SO</td><td width="7%">HR</td><td width="12%">PC-ST</td><td width="7%">ERA</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="right"><td align="left">Z Greinke</td><td>6.0</td><td>8</td><td>2</td><td>2</td><td>2</td><td>8</td><td>0</td><td>103-63</td><td>0.82</td></tr></tbody></table>

Is a bad game then that shows how unreal he is. A higher WHIP than usual but not a terrible game.