Philly Sixer guys i have a trade to run by ya

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated
A buddy ran this by me.
Okay try to put away the character asassination the league did to Iverson this year and take peak at this. Im willing to bet the league asked Iverson to do something an like a dick he said no and all that garbage with him and Hamilton near the end of the year, was a league driven agenda to make him look bad. Iverson brings that out in people. Iverson goes like 7 out of eight without Hamilton and then gets hurt. Hamilton wins three games and all the sudden its all Iversons fault :+textinb3. That is for another day. Here is the trade.
Miller looks like he is history. You sign Iverson.(relax) U trade Iggy and Sammy to Pheonix for Shaq. Lets face it Iggy is no two guard. He got overpaid and is a decent player but u rid urself of that salary and that total stiff Dalembre. Now u have a lineup of Brand ,Shaq,Iverson,Young (who benefits greatly with the departure of Iggy) Then u can ditch Shaqs contract at the end of the year and u have a ton of cap space. This team can't score. Now it can and can make one more run if Shaq stays in shape like last year. Shaq and Brand in the middle even an old Shaq would like that.

mofome

Banned
Re: Philly Sixer guys i have a trade to run by ya

6ers are one of few teams more embarrassing than the wiz

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Philadelphia 76ers
2008-09 Record: 41-41 (2<SUP>nd</SUP> Atlantic; 6<SUP>th</SUP> in the East)

Draft Picks: 17<SUP>th</SUP>

Key Free Agents:
Andre Miller (unrestricted)

How they got here:
Philadelphia began the season hoping to pose a serious threat to Boston in the Atlantic Division, thanks to their signing of Elton Brand in the summer. But the Sixers were unable to make waves in the early going, losing Brand for the season due to injury and watching Maurice Cheeks get fired after a listless start. The resulting changes, along with Tony DiLeo being named interim head coach, allowed Philadelphia to get back to the fast pace that sent them flying into the playoffs last season. The two Andres, Miller and Iguodala, were solid throughout and allowed Philadelphis to be competitive against Orlando in the first round.

What they need:
In regards to their lone draft pick, what they plan to do with Miller will determine what kind of player they look for. If Miller does re-sign the Sixers will look more at the two-guard slot, possibly going for a combo guard to both spell Miller and provide some added scoring punch at the two. If Miller doesn’t return Philadelphia will lean more towards a pure point guard with their lone selection.

Who they’ll draft:
Look for quality guards such as Eric Maynor, Jeff Teague (should he remain in the draft), Jonny Flynn and Jrue Holiday (maybe even Tyreke Evans should he slip this far) to be part of the discussion in the Sixers’ war room. With Brand coming back and youngsters Marreese Speights and Thaddeus Young also returning Philly doesn’t need to worry much about the frontcourt. They’ll draft a guard here with the hope that they can re-sign Miller, allowing the rookie time to develop.

Draft History (since 2000)
2008: Marreese Speights (16<SUP>th</SUP>)
2007: Thaddeus Young (12<SUP>th</SUP>), Daequan Cook (21<SUP>st</SUP>), Petteri Koponen (30<SUP>th</SUP>), Kyrylo Fesenko (38<SUP>th</SUP>)
2006: Thabo Sefalosha (13<SUP>th</SUP>)
2005: Louis Williams (45<SUP>th</SUP>)
2004: Andre Iguodala (9<SUP>th</SUP>)
2003: Paccelis Morlende (50<SUP>th</SUP>)
2002: Jiri Welsch (16<SUP>th</SUP>), Sam Clancy (45<SUP>th</SUP>)
2001: Samuel Dalembert (26<SUP>th</SUP>), Damone Brown (37<SUP>th</SUP>), Alvin Jones (57<SUP>th</SUP>)
2000: Speedy Claxton (20<SUP>th</SUP>), Mark Karcher (48<SUP>th</SUP>)

roach23

Banned

Thor what makes you think that Phoenix would want Iggy or Dalembert?

Also what would the 6ers give Detroit for AI?

And who would run the point?

tripp

EOG Master

That looks like an awful team to me. What the hell would they do when Brand gets hurt and they have an old Shaq, a wannabe superstar Iverson, and Young, who I do like, but I think having Iverson and Shaq on the team would hurt his growth.

Iggy is the better AI right now, and it's not even really close. They have a nice starting point with him, Young and Speights. I like all three of those guys. Not sure any will be stars, but all should have good careers. Speights might have the highest ceiling of them all, but all could develop into the type of guys that make an all star team or two.

Trading up to get Evans would be amazing for this team. It would probably cost them a lot though.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Answer: A six pack of Bud Lite and a Pat's cheesesteak.

Detroit knows he is a cancer. I think they would consider trading Rip and I am sure he wouldn't mind playing hoops for the Sixers in his hometown back yard.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

I was sad to see A.I. go but bringing him back now would be for show...

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I think Phoenix would do that in a minute. They get a good guy in Iggy that fits right in with their system and also plays a little defense. Dalembert is a throw in and actually wouldn't be a bad player if he would be a roll player but the fuker refuses to be one. Iverson tried for years with this clown. He would feed him and once he missed a few Iverson wouldn't give it to him anymore and the fuker pouted instead of playing like a guy like Verago does or even Theo. (sp)

A.I. is a free agent, no?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Answer: A six pack of Bud Lite and a Pat's cheesesteak.

Detroit knows he is a cancer. I think they would consider trading Rip and I am sure he wouldn't mind playing hoops for the Sixers in his hometown back yard.

find one player on any team Iverson played on that say's he is a cancer. this was all bullshit media driven cause Iverson doesn't give them the time of day. Everything this guy did for the city and people believe a guy like Eskin who started all this cancer shit because Iverson wouldn't give that asshole the time of day.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

That looks like an awful team to me. What the hell would they do when Brand gets hurt and they have an old Shaq, a wannabe superstar Iverson, and Young, who I do like, but I think having Iverson and Shaq on the team would hurt his growth.

Iggy is the better AI right now, and it's not even really close. They have a nice starting point with him, Young and Speights. I like all three of those guys. Not sure any will be stars, but all should have good careers. Speights might have the highest ceiling of them all, but all could develop into the type of guys that make an all star team or two.

Trading up to get Evans would be amazing for this team. It would probably cost them a lot though.
Ur basing it on Brand getting hurt? What kind of comment is that? Iggy is better then AI now? :+textinb3 Trading up? When do u ever see anyone trade up to the lottery? It happens very rarely. Nobody is double teaming Igadoula. He is a nice player but way overpaid. if this doesn't work in a year u have tremendous cap space.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

find one player on any team Iverson played on that say's he is a cancer. this was all bullshit media driven cause Iverson doesn't give them the time of day. Everything this guy did for the city and people believe a guy like Eskin who started all this cancer shit because Iverson wouldn't give that asshole the time of day.

you live around philly right? Mr AI loves his Houlihans and coronas...no doubt he played hard and i am a big fan but he is a thug. him and his entourage, what a great bunch of guys. you forget about all the games we won and lost at his hand.....if a player scores 40+ points in a game his team should win. also, by the time the playoffs arrived he was soooo banged up. the guy couldn't get along with Larry Brown....enuff said.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

i think the sixers are 2 guys away, a healthy brandt and one more veteran....i don't know that iverson would even fit in with this team. the thought of shaq playing for us would be pretty cool.....

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

you live around philly right? Mr AI loves his Houlihans and coronas...no doubt he played hard and i am a big fan but he is a thug. him and his entourage, what a great bunch of guys. you forget about all the games we won and lost at his hand.....if a player scores 40+ points in a game his team should win. also, by the time the playoffs arrived he was soooo banged up. the guy couldn't get along with Larry Brown....enuff said.

CLay i don't care about that off the court shit and who knows how much of it is true? I care about on the court shit and he brought it every second he played. Why do people get all caught up in the off the court stuff? Larry Brown. There are a lot of players who can't stand this guys guts. When was he banged up? This year? Iverson with all those stiff this ballhog still led all two guards in assist. Tied with Kobe. Iverson the ball hog average more assist then Billups but you will never hear that from the media. sometimes u can't believe all the things the media says and check it out for urself.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

ai hit the floor more times than anyone (that's what i was referring 2)...no doubt he was a great player. sometimes i get a little 2 critical of these guys. whatever needs to be done should get done, the sixers could be a great team with a little tweaking.

roach23

Banned

Thor I love AI as much as any Philly fan could. But he's not gonna make this 6ers team better. I don't think he has much left in the tank.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

All the Sixers need is a healthy Brand...they played Orlando as tough as they could...

We do not need AI or Shaq...

Thadius Young will be a star in the NBA...

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Thor I love AI as much as any Philly fan could. But he's not gonna make this 6ers team better. I don't think he has much left in the tank.
The biggest weakness on this team is nobody can hit a shot. it gets painful to watch them shoot. Iggy is just to inconsistent to be a big time player. One thing about Iverson if u ever notice. When he was here he use to feed the ball a lot in the beginning of the game. Then when they were down by 15 or twenty he took over. He had to. forever this team needed either a two guard or a point guard along side him and Management never got him one. The press around here actually had people thinking Eric Snow was good. good grief he was awful. i think Snow's guy got forty a night but somehow he was labeled a good defensive player. Why is it in Philly sports we always seem to need something but these prick coaches never get one? For years we needed a shooter on the Sixers to compliment Iverson and never got one. same shit today. We don't have a shooter. Eagles for years needed a big back. Still don't have one. You could almost say that about receivers until last year. Same shit with the Flyers when Clarke was here. Year after year i kept wanting someone who could skate and pass like one of the Russian players but Clarke year after year wanted the 6 ft 6 mule instead. I use to think the Flyers had a guy on their team named "shot blocked" or "shot wide" God these guys had no accuracy or skills. that dump the puck in and chase system use to drive me nuts. It became unwatchable.

roach23

Banned

I agree with lots of yoru points. Especially with E.Snow being garbage and that Iggy can't shoot.

But at the same time...the 6ers didn't make the playoffs during AI's last 2-3 years? Then we trade him to Denver and add Andre Miller and we make the playoffs the next 2 years....with pretty much the same roster.

AI isn't gonna turn the 6ers around.

Your idea of Shaq and AI is intriguing. I'd actually love to see that more than what the 6ers currently have. But both players are past their prime. They wouldn't be able to compete with the Howards, Lebrons and Wades of the East. They're not a contender now, and wouldn't be a contender if the managed to bring AI and Shaq to town.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I agree with lots of yoru points. Especially with E.Snow being garbage and that Iggy can't shoot.

But at the same time...the 6ers didn't make the playoffs during AI's last 2-3 years? Then we trade him to Denver and add Andre Miller and we make the playoffs the next 2 years....with pretty much the same roster.

AI isn't gonna turn the 6ers around.

Your idea of Shaq and AI is intriguing. I'd actually love to see that more than what the 6ers currently have. But both players are past their prime. They wouldn't be able to compete with the Howards, Lebrons and Wades of the East. They're not a contender now, and wouldn't be a contender if the managed to bring AI and Shaq to town.

Im thinking of one run or maybe two and then dump the salaries. Don't forget Brand is the huge equation here. Brand and Shaq together with Iverson penetrating and trust me he will dish off to Shaq and Brand. And T Youngs athleticism on the floor. Who has Iverson ever had his entire career In Philly? KuKoo and a washed up Big Dog? As for them making the playoffs? That was fools gold. They lost about 7 in a row coming into the playoffs and Orlando wasn't worried about them. Christ i think they were down 20 in every game. Sorry man this team stinks. If they don't go to the line 35 times a game they usually lose and half the time they shoot 50 percent from the line. Didn't Denver improve when Iverson went to Denver? I know they did a lot better then they did with Miller. MIller gets all these alcolades because the Philly press despises Iverson. I can't even watch a game without hearing how great Andre Miller is. Is he even in the top 15 of the point guards in this league?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

One thing i do like is Deleo going back to the front office. I think he is one of the best personel guys we have in philly. Just hope coaching didn't mess him up with scouting.

A buddy ran this by me.
Okay try to put away the character asassination the league did to Iverson this year and take peak at this. Im willing to bet the league asked Iverson to do something an like a dick he said no and all that garbage with him and Hamilton near the end of the year, was a league driven agenda to make him look bad. Iverson brings that out in people. Iverson goes like 7 out of eight without Hamilton and then gets hurt. Hamilton wins three games and all the sudden its all Iversons fault :+textinb3. That is for another day. Here is the trade.
Miller looks like he is history. You sign Iverson.(relax) U trade Iggy and Sammy to Pheonix for Shaq. Lets face it Iggy is no two guard. He got overpaid and is a decent player but u rid urself of that salary and that total stiff Dalembre. Now u have a lineup of Brand ,Shaq,Iverson,Young (who benefits greatly with the departure of Iggy) Then u can ditch Shaqs contract at the end of the year and u have a ton of cap space. This team can't score. Now it can and can make one more run if Shaq stays in shape like last year. Shaq and Brand in the middle even an old Shaq would like that.

that deal sounds amazing. Then again AI was my fav player ever in baskets. But anything is better than the team they have now. If they did that and it didn't work out. I don't really see how it would be a huge setback for philly.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">