What do you guys expect with Johan in Boston taking on Dice K? Matchup of the night

Seymour

EOG Dedicated
Re: What do you guys expect with Johan in Boston taking on Dice K? Matchup of the night

I just doesn't pay to bet against the Sox at home - unless the price is +250 or more - I believe they've lost 4 times

mofome

Banned
Re: What do you guys expect with Johan in Boston taking on Dice K? Matchup of the night

how many times have they faced johan and a team with wright/reyes/belt

:houra

rjt721

EOG Master

Reyes isn't playing tonight.

Played BoSox +121 last night. Johan will be done after 6.

Wade

EOG Master

Johan will beat Pol Pot easily.

PapaParlay

EOG Enthusiast

Even if Johan pitches well, I don't see the mets' bats getting much production off of dice-k, and the mets' defense will probably allow a couple unearned runs even if the sox can't get it done on their own.

How often do you get to bet the Sox at home as a PK?

looked at this game today..

here's some random notes from mlb.com

• Santana hasn't fared all that well at Fenway in his career (1-3, 6.89 ERA)
  • Matsuzaka, he is looking for a fresh start to 2009 after two ill-fated starts earlier this year that were hindered by fatigue
  • Jose Reyes will likely be sidelined with tendinitis in his right calf.
  • Daisuke Matsuzaka at Triple-A Pawtucket at Toledo on May 15 and threw five innings (70 pitches, 48 strikes), yielding two runs on three hits
  • Jacoby Ellsbury brings a 16-game hitting streak into this series. He is hitting .342 with five doubles, a triple, 10 runs and seven stolen bases during the streak. .
  • boston tough to beat at home
  • Santana is pitching as well as he has at any point in his career
  • Santana gets little run support
  • Sheffield is 6-for-11 with a home run and two doubles against Daisuke.

tripp

EOG Master

johan easy.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

I went over, which means it will probably go under. No idea how Dice K will do, so its a small play. GL

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Did I just see the Mets go from -1.5 to +1.5?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

looks like an easy win for Boston. Dice K has been razor sharp and Johan is a bum with a bloated ERA.

Easy win for Bos.

PapaParlay

EOG Enthusiast

Did I just see the Mets go from -1.5 to +1.5?
The favorite has been shifted...some books just adjusted the original runline, while others flipped the runline as well

Haha, Johan is a bum? How could something like that even enter your mind, let alone your fingers.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Haha, Johan is a bum? How could something like that even enter your mind, let alone your fingers.

When players who are otherwise great play boston, they just turn into bums and forget how to play. Look at Toronto, First place team , they go to Boston and forget how to play. Johan might just forget how to pitch, its happened before to otherwise great players when they go to Boston.

PapaParlay

EOG Enthusiast

Well, here goes...one hit which would've been an error if the play was there, followed by an actual error.....2 on, none out...going to be a long day for johan.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

I expect Ortiz to strikeout 3 times

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

Ortiz figured he'd stuck out enough....taking a break from the K to ground into a double play this AB