Not sure I like interleague play

royalfan

EOG Dedicated
The Royals have to deal with the much focused Cardinals since they don't want to lose the battle of Missouri and are a great organization to begin with while they fucking Tigers are playing the Rockies as their "rival". Not fair no matter how you slice it and the reason interleague play should be adjusted or done away with.

Re: Not sure I like interleague play

As pathetic as the Royals are(and have been), I can't think of a matchup that would get more interest that their cross-state rival. Sounds like a dream matchup for ticket sales.

As far as Col & Det....well, not many people really give a flying F about either team, so they probably just got stuck with each other.

On another note, you wouldn't believe the 11,650 beat I took last night.....difference between 2nd & 4th in a main event qualifier on Stars. I think I'm still f'ing tilted.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Well I do give a flying fuck about the Royals and do not much give a fuck about ticket sales. It is all about winning a world championship and I am in one hell of a drought being a husker baskets fan, royals fan, dolphins fan, pacers fan, kings fan in hockey.

Well I do give a flying fuck about the Royals and do not much give a fuck about ticket sales. It is all about winning a world championship and I am in one hell of a drought being a husker baskets fan, royals fan, dolphins fan, pacers fan, kings fan in hockey.

Well, I'm a big Avs & Chiefs fan....so hand me the razor blade when you're done.

Unassail08

EOG Veteran

hey wade,

thats a little high for the cardinals I am trying to grab the Cardinals at no worse than -150.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Well, I'm a big Avs & Chiefs fan....so hand me the razor blade when you're done.

Avs likely win a title before any of the teams I pull for Tinco!! Sorry I didn't get a chance to hook up with you lately.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

KC had the worst infield defense I have ever seen in the history of major league baseball and I have watched a lot of it in the last 13 or so years.

Shit...that team is a wreck. As much as I hate to say it, they ain't doing shit for AT LEAST 5 years.

Now the Chiefs on the other hand-nice chance for a breakout season in a really, really shitty division.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Shit...that team is a wreck. As much as I hate to say it, they ain't doing shit for AT LEAST 5 years.

Now the Chiefs on the other hand-nice chance for a breakout season in a really, really shitty division.

Chargers will have that division next year most likely fairly easily. That KC defense won't get respectable overnight. It is said to say the Royals are a way off even with the best pitcher in baseball locked up for the immediate future.

$tinky

EOG Senior Member

I agree some of the interleage matchups create pretty unfair situations, like the one you mentioned.

I still like it though. Baseball can get boring and it throws a little something different in just when I'm starting to doze off zzzzz.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i've hated interleague since it started and hate it even more than ever now

this is a gimmick MLB used when they had problems and the time for it has long since come and gone

having said that............instead of having some stupid exhibition game determine HFA for the WS - why not use Inerleague to do it? the League with the best record gets HFA for the WS if MLB isn't going to be like all other sports and have the team with the best RECORD get G7 and not just who won some meaningless mid-season game

BuzzRavanaugh

EOG Enthusiast

KC had the worst infield defense I have ever seen in the history of major league baseball and I have watched a lot of it in the last 13 or so years.

+1

Most accurate statement ever uttered on any forum. You know its bad when they make Billy Butler look like a Gold Glove candidate.

There have been issues like this from the beginning with interleague play. You get a few big matchups that everyone looks forward to but for every one of those there are 5-6 matchups that have no appeal at all. In the end, it puts butts in the seats so it will stay but they should have less of it to keep some of the bad matchups away.

Wade

EOG Master

One win is in the bag. Now we got the tv game. I think I'll go with the over 11 in the yankee game since they're playing at joke stadium. :3dbaseball: