Kobe aint no Lebron

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Kobe aint no Lebron

I can't believe there are some that still debate this. LeBron James is clearly the best in the league and is already one of the best the game has EVER seen.

Kobe could be comparable in talent level, fine. But when you add in LeBron's frame that makes him a better playing than Kobe. He just has so much more upside and potential than other all time greats because of his frame.

How the hell can you guard a guy who is 6'8-6'9, 250 ibs, possibly the best passer in the league, possibly the quickest guy in the league, has an insane vertical, and despite what people would lead you to believe the guy is a good shooter. Nobody can stop him from getting to the rim. He gets to the rim whenever he wants and he puts points on the board. If he really wanted to he could put up 60+ pts regularly. I honestly believe LeBron could average something around 45 ppg if that was his goal and he would shoot a good % to do it.

I hate how people think the guys around him are good. Nobody is really above average other than Mo Williams, and even he is no all star. Yes, he made the AS game this year as a replacement, I am aware. He is no all star though. Fukodome and Varitek made it as starters in MLB for the AS game, are they awesome now as well? No, they are both below average.

People underrate so badly how much LeBron James makes everybody around him better. It's actually nuts what this guy can do for you. If Mo Williams played for the Bucks this year nobody would give a shit about this guy. Nobody would say he is even above average and people certainly wouldn't say he is an all star. If Wally or Gibson didn't play for Cleveland people wouldn't even know who they were, same goes for Delonte West. Z has a nice touch for a center, but he is certainly nothing above average. Bynum and Gasol are both much, much more talented than Z. Shaq back on the Miami team would take up so much attention from the opposing team that Wade was really able to do what he wanted, with the help of the refs of coarse. Nobody is giving LeBron an open lane because they are worried about fucking Zydrunas Illgauskis.

The guys around him are ordinary and that is being nice. Do they play very good team defense? Yes they do. You don't need a group of incredibly talented guys to play defense. Boston was the best defensive team last year and it was 100% because of Garnett. One guy stepping up and playing defense and get everyone doing the same. Neither Cleveland or Boston have guys that are actaully great individual defenders other than their stars LeBron and Garnett. All you need for great team defense is for people to buy into it and really give an effort on that side of the ball. Defense is not hard to play.

Look at the guys people claim are so good, then ask yourself if these guys would even start for LA or Boston. West? Nope, wouldn't start for either. Illgauskis? Nope, wouldn't start for either. Varejo? Would be lucky to get any PT. Would be like Scalabrine or Walton for BOS/LAL. Gibson or Wally? Would barely see minutes and certainly wouldn't have the open looks LeBron gives them all game. Not hard to look like a great shooter when you have uncontested looks all game. Mo Williams? Wouldn't start for Boston, but would start for LA only because they have Fisher in there for some reason. He would be their 5th best player though after Kobe, Odom, Gasol and Bynum. Not sure how anyone could dispute him being better than one of those four.

So really look at what LeBron has. He has minimal talent that he elevates into above average talent. That is him, that is not them. He makes guys better, and once he gives guys open look after open look and they start to hit some shots their confidence raises, and that is a big thing. Confidence makes you a better player. Once again it is LeBron that gives them this confidence.

No reason to always hate this guy. It's like people hating Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Alex Rodriguez or Albert Pujols. Just enjoy watching one of the best you will ever see. You could be watching the greatest basketball player of all time right now, who knows. He is certainly no Jordan yet, but he definitely can reach that level. Just enjoy it instead of looking for reasons to not like him or call him overrated.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Trippp, I've never seen someone love a player like you love Lebron. It's creepy really. The scary thing is that you and Mo are so blinded by Lebron's physical stature that you don't notice the game itself. I'm not going to argue this point anymore, and you basically just stated more OPINIONS. You think his team sucks, which makes no sense at all, and we now understand that.

He's one of the greatest ever? If Lebron's career ended tomorrow he would not be considered one of the greatest ever. That's just retarded. He's won nothing. You're insane when it comes to Lebron. Your wordy post helps to prove that.

Now you're putting Lebron in KG's defensive level? God you're insane when it comes to this guy. Truly nuts.

tripp

EOG Master

Trippp, I've never seen someone love a player like you love Lebron. It's creepy really. The scary thing is that you and Mo are so blinded by Lebron's physical stature that you don't notice the game itself. I'm not going to argue this point anymore, and you basically just stated more OPINIONS. You think his team sucks, which makes no sense at all, and we now understand that.

He's one of the greatest ever? If Lebron's career ended tomorrow he would not be considered one of the greatest ever. That's just retarded. He's won nothing. You're insane when it comes to Lebron. Your wordy post helps to prove that.

Now you're putting Lebron in KG's defensive level? God you're insane when it comes to this guy. Truly nuts.

Saying lebron is the best means I am in love with him, but you sucking wade's dick every chance is what?:hangt

lebron RIGHT NOW is one of the best the game has ever seen. By that all i mean is if you were starting a team and could use any player at any time in their career you would have to include James on the team. Saying he is already one of the best ever does not mean his career is one of the best ever. I just mean his talent right now is one of the greatest talents the league has ever seen and he hasn't even peaked.

kobe is pretty much at his peak, and kobe is one of the best ever. right now lebron is already better than kobe. that means lebron RIGHT now is one of the best ever. seems simple enough.

Maybe if LeBron was a Bull or from the Chicago area you'd think a bit differently. As is though Ben Gordon is somehow better than LeBron James.:shoot:

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

That's where you're wrong trippp. Unlike you, I can look at this objectively and not be obsessed with one player.

1. Wade is my favorite player, but I've said numerous times that I'd start my team with Lebron if I was a GM.

You and Mo seem to think that we are saying Lebron stinks because we don't think he's an arm and a leg above the league. That's retarded. His numbers don't say he's an arm and a leg above the league, do they? No, but you guys have the great "eye" test. Of course... I don't care where he's from, I'm just not going to crown a guy that hasn't even won a thing. You underrate his team and you overrate him. That's fine, do your thing.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

When I was a kid, Wilt Chamberlain was the best player to play the game...but you know who all the sports writers said who was the best? Bill Russell!!

That's because of all the rings he won and I don't blame the media for saying this...but on the court Wilt dominated Russell in the paint...

Until Lebron wins a title or two, there will be doubters...Lebron is definitely a monster, and he dominates...but he must win, and winning is the only thing in pro sports...

Winning has made Hall of Famers in baseball get elected when they shouldn't have...same with other sports...

tripp

EOG Master

Lebron James
8 W, 0 L
32.9 ppg
9.8 rpg
6.8 apg

AVG margin of victory- 15.5 pts

Kobe Bryant
7 W, 4 L
28.3 ppg
5.1 rpg
4.6 apg

AVG margin of victory- 7.09

Lakers have faced stronger competition (not THAT much stronger), and Kobe has 10x the talent around him.

Difference is LeBron not only gets the best out of his players, he gets them to EXCEED their best. He makes guys into better players. Kobe isn't a leader. He can only lead by example and he only to does this at times, whereas LeBron is doing so all the time.

Give LeBron guys like Gasol, Bynum, and Odom and the team would probably only lose 2 games the entire post-season on way to the NBA Championship.

mofome

Banned

Lebron James
8 W, 0 L
32.9 ppg
9.8 rpg
6.8 apg

AVG margin of victory- 15.5 pts

Kobe Bryant
7 W, 4 L
28.3 ppg
5.1 rpg
4.6 apg

AVG margin of victory- 7.09

Lakers have faced stronger competition (not THAT much stronger), and Kobe has 10x the talent around him.

Difference is LeBron not only gets the best out of his players, he gets them to EXCEED their best. He makes guys into better players. Kobe isn't a leader. He can only lead by example and he only to does this at times, whereas LeBron is doing so all the time.

Give LeBron guys like Gasol, Bynum, and Odom and the team would probably only lose 2 games the entire post-season on way to the NBA Championship.

If that many.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

i would rather have role players like lebron has around him than a bunch of talented stiffs like the laker have

what part about "you cant have too many talented guys on one roster" do some of you not understand?

lebron's cavs are > to the lakers because every guy knows his role and they have guys willing to do "the dirty work"

kobe's team does not have that so they will not be winning a title once again

even the denver nuggets have better role players than the lakers, which is why they will beat the lakers

STOP SAYING LEBRON DOES NOT HAVE ANY TALENT AROUND HIM!!!!

THEY ARE TALENTED BUT ARE MORE INTO THEIR ROLES BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY WILL WIN THAT WAY!!!

Point Given

EOG Veteran

Lebron > Kobe

but without this man...whom CLE brought in this year

it would be the same story for Lebron...NO HELP WHATSOEVER

Lebron took a team last year to the eastern conference finals that had players equivalent to college players

Kobe has proven year end and year out he CANNOT WIN without Shaq

Gasol was suppost to be their saviour :+textinb3

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

Lebron > Kobe

but without this man...whom CLE brought in this year

it would be the same story for Lebron...NO HELP WHATSOEVER

Lebron took a team last year to the eastern conference finals that had players equivalent to college players

Kobe has proven year end and year out he CANNOT WIN without Shaq

Gasol was suppost to be their saviour :+textinb3

small pt of clarification, lebron took the cavs to the finals in 07 but last yr they lost in the 2nd rd of the playoffs to boston, the east conf finals were actually detroit and boston

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

i think some ppl are underrating how good ilgauskas, varrejo, and delonte west really are, they are terrific role players who do what is asked, yes mo williams has been a huge huge difference but they other cast helped lebron make the nba finals 2 yrs ago

mofome

Banned

you're nuts, mo.

mo williams is an all-star. wally and gibson are both deadly accurate shooters too. big z is nothing spectacular, but he's a 7'3" veteran center that can knock down jumpers and can certainly hang with softy-gasol. delonte west has been playing great ball lately as well, and they've got veterans joe smith and ben wallace that know what it takes to win.

sorry, but you're nuts. the cavs are deep and talented. there's just no other way to put it.

:doh1

mofome

Banned

<table id="post2175715" class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(102, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;">05-27-09, 12:13 AM </td> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #20 <input name="plist[2175715]" id="plist_2175715" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle;" value="0" type="checkbox"> </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> sean1 <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2175715", true); </script>
EOG Dedicated

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_2175715" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(102, 0, 0);"> Re: Most overrated player in the history of sports
<hr style="color: rgb(102, 0, 0);" size="1"> Boston, you are insane

He got a team of nobodies to the nba finals and has taken a terrible group of clowns to this within points of winning 3 of 4 games in this series. He also went 1 on 3 in Boston last year and took them to 7 games. Just wait till 2011 when he finally has a talented teammate
</td></tr></tbody></table>

mofome

Banned

you're nuts, mo.

they've got veterans joe smith and ben wallace that know what it takes to win.

sorry, but you're nuts. the cavs are deep and talented. there's just no other way to put it.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

you're nuts, mo.

mo williams is an all-star. wally and gibson are both deadly accurate shooters too. big z is nothing spectacular, but he's a 7'3" veteran center that can knock down jumpers and can certainly hang with softy-gasol. delonte west has been playing great ball lately as well, and they've got veterans joe smith and ben wallace that know what it takes to win.

Please tell me you posted this on April 1st.

mofome

Banned

Please tell me you posted this on April 1st.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

This is the guy who called me an idiot and acted as if I was ill qualified to even speak on the topic of Lebrons supporting cast. Needless to say, the fellow aint likely to come on and admit his error. ah the lack of humility in this fine world.

He loses.