Atlanta Braves plane isn't going to land in Arizona til very late.. D'Backs might be a solid wager tomorrow.

Apple

Banned
I mean what time do you think the plane is going to land in Arizona tonight? By the time they get snuggled into their hotel rooms its going to be extremely late or early, however you see you it..

Give me the D'Backs and Haren who have been at home..

What do you think?

Apple

Banned
Re: Atlanta Braves plane isn't going to land in Arizona til very late.. D'Backs might be a solid wager tomorrow.

This is their 13th straight game w/o a break too..

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Atlanta Braves plane isn't going to land in Arizona til very late.. D'Backs might be a solid wager tomorrow.

gonna slightly disagree here - and here is why

some time ago Dave Cokin brought up the point that teams getting in late to a city and playing a game w/o much rest usually do OK the FIRST game but it is the SECOND game where fatgue sets in

the first game teams are still somewhat wired and able to block out the fatigue. it is the SECOND game where the teams have a chance to settle in and get some rest and believe it or not THAT is when fatigue sets in and THAT is when you want to go against them

i can say with about 99% certainty D Lowe is NOT going to get in @ 3A - my guess is as is usually the case Lowe took a flght to PHX earlier today and as i write this at about 10:30P Wed Night he is already at his hotel and maybe already in his room. Lowe will NOT be affected by this at all - he will get plenty of rest and be OK. and it's not like the Braves are coming from ATL - they are coming from SF - a 90-ish minute flight - so fatigue won't be a factor at all

right now i can't put Monoploy money on the Snakes so gimme the Braves here around +115

Apple

Banned

I disagree, fatigue will be a factor considering the game ended not too long ago.. Its safe to say the Braves won't be in bed til at least 3am tonight..

Lowe wasn't part of my arguement anyway, even if he did travel with the team it wouldn't matter much anyway.. Tired Braves team/Lowe on road vs More Rested D'Backs team Haren at home..

Do you really think Atlanta is all that much better than Arizona anyway?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I disagree, fatigue will be a factor considering the game ended not too long ago.. Its safe to say the Braves won't be in bed til at least 3am tonight..

Lowe wasn't part of my arguement anyway, even if he did travel with the team it wouldn't matter much anyway.. Tired Braves team/Lowe on road vs More Rested D'Backs team Haren at home..

Do you really think Atlanta is all that much better than Arizona anyway?

GYno - for the most part MLB players don't get to bed until late anyway - they are night owls so 3A ain't bad

last point: YES! Snakes SUCK this yeas - 7 U .500 for the season & at home while the Braves are 2 OVER .500 on the road. i can't lay any kind of chalk with the Snakes.

and the way Lowe has pitched lately i want NO PART of stepping in front of him

i can promise you Braves WILL be a play for me Thursday. gonna wait because i know the line will go UP and i can get the Braves NORTH of +120 Thursday because people will think the same thing you are and drive up the price on the Braves

Heim

EOG Master

Actually Winky is right. The late great Mike Lee states the very same thing in his books on betting bases, to wit, the second game is the problem....

Apple

Banned

Why are you talking like Lowe is better than Haren?

Lowe ERA 3.45
Haren ERA 2.57

Lowe OPP BAT .228
Haren OPP BAT .208

Haren opp bat at home .200

Apple

Banned

Do you guys just look at W-L to determine how a pitcher is doing?

You guys see Lowe at 6-2 and Haren at 3-4 and just assume Lowe is pitching better.. The numbers speak for themselves..

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Do you guys just look at W-L to determine how a pitcher is doing?

You guys see Lowe at 6-2 and Haren at 3-4 and just assume Lowe is pitching better.. The numbers speak for themselves..

i look at it - but i also look at many other things. there are some pitchers who are cursed - the team score 800 runs the 2 games before he tosses and 800 the 2 after but for him they get shutout. W-L is something to look at but only to briefly look at it. i look at more stats than that

Lowe IS the better pitcher and more importantly - pitches for the better team

Apple

Banned

The best team doesn't always win.. Well nonetheless, may the best TEAM tomorrow win..

Heim

EOG Master

I look at Sagarin and Baseball Prospectus....If I looked at won/loss Pelfrey
would be an all-star...lol . Sagarin's OPP OPS is a good start. And that indicates
that Haren is the better pitcher .582 versus .628 for Lowe.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

I'll play against them in both games:thumbsup

SSI

EOG Dedicated

give me atlanta to win one of the 4, thats all i need... they just lost 3 in san fran, hopefully they wont lose 7 in a row..

SSI

cassiusclay

EOG Master

thx gyno.....you remind me of someone...

"the plane, the plane"

ballwonder

EOG Master

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft">ATL BRAVES
ARZ DBACKS
Thu 9:40 p.m. ET </TD><TD class="viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"> </TD><TD class="viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft">MOSTLY FAIR. </TD><TD class="viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft">IN FROM LEFT 6-11 </TD><TD class="viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter">96 </TD><TD class="viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft">11 %
Humid </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ballwonder

EOG Master

Will wait and see who the ump is as close to game time as possible as I like to see how he has been this season on the home side. My biggest concern here if I was a brave backer would be everyone and their mother looking at Lowe for a price like that given his numbers on the road (winning 4/5 road starts) and against the D- Backs (4-1 1.91 era). Hope to catch an umpire report for the game as soon as possible.

tripp

EOG Master

haren is one of the best pitchers in the game and is certainly better than lowe, but i like atlanta and agree with what winky was saying.

3 am is not too big of a deal regardless though imo. im sure many of these guys go out partying until then anyways. i know i can sleep 4 hrs in a night and still be perfectly fine the next day. these guys have till 9 40 pm to get rested and ready for baseball, plenty of time even with practice in the morning/afternoon, or whenever they have it.

Timetopay

EOG Master

i look at it - but i also look at many other things. there are some pitchers who are cursed - the team score 800 runs the 2 games before he tosses and 800 the 2 after but for him they get shutout. W-L is something to look at but only to briefly look at it. i look at more stats than that

Winky why do you like to look like an idiot in every post:+clueless

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Winky why do you like to look like an idiot in every post:+clueless

so my posts can be on the same level as yours

THE CLOSER

EOG Veteran

i gotta disagree with you here. i think the dbacks have the better team. if you have a 7 game series and webb is healthy, this is not even a question. the dbacks have gotten off to a slow start, but they are the better team in my mind.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Arz may have a big inning. I played Atl +110

Apple

Banned

Congrats to those who cashed on the advice.. Fairly easy win as well

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

agree but i really don't think the late flight/arrival had much to do with it - the fact Haren dominated did - and while i know there might be a cause/effect relationship here i think getting in when the Braves did wasn't as big a factor as you think

mofome

Banned

well done gyno!

Apple

Banned

Regardless of the travel situation that you I disagree on.. I did mention getting Haren at home was solid, and that the D'Backs offense has perked up a bit...

Your opinion is always appreciated Wink.. We've cashed some tickets together, no question about it.

Unassail08

EOG Veteran

congrats Gyne,

I put a 2 unit bet on that.