Anyone else think it's sad that Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals have to be back to back?

mofome

Banned
Re: Anyone else think it's sad that Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals have to be back to back?

not i!

Mammon

EOG Master
Re: Anyone else think it's sad that Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals have to be back to back?

great chance for a 2-0 while heads are spinning..

I think its silly were still playing Hockey in June

I think its silly were still playing Hockey in June

And hoops as well. Both NHL and NBA want to be on one of the major networks (NBA and ABC in this case) for the finals so they have to wait until ratings sweeps in late May are over.

My Directv interactive receiver which shows what people are watching here in the east and nationwide shows Pittsburgh@Detroit #1 in the 8 o'clock hour.

Hmmmm that means we'll see some sort of daffy article in the USA Today Monday about how low the NHL ratings were this weekend which will be wrong.

And you thought the NBA had a conspiracy just to get the big market teams in the finals.......2938u4ji23

BuzzRavanaugh

EOG Enthusiast

The NHL is still in existence?? I didn't know that.

The NHL is still in existence?? I didn't know that.

Funny I just found out about the NBA still playing. Thought the league folded after the Artest incident.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

These playoffs have been incredible. Although I agree that the season is too long. Too many teams too and the NHL should contract by about 4-5 teams. Then have a dispersal draft which would be very entertaining to watch.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I think this clearly puts the NHL a giant leap below anything else. 2938u4ji23

as long as NUMNUTS is the Commish stuff like this will happen

NBC basically said to the NHL: Your product gets us pathetic ratings and thus there is NO WAY IN HELL we are putting your games on weekday Prime Time on our network - NONE

G1 and G2 are Sat/Sun and G3 and G4 are Tue/Thur on VERSUS - NOT on NBC (and what great ratings G4 should get up against G1 of the NBA Finals :doh1:doh1)

NBC gets it back for G5 (Saturday) and then G6 would be Monday but they figure by then it will generate some buzz and ratings won't be as pathetic and then G7 would be Wednesday but NBC KNOWS a G7 on a night with NO NBA game will draw ratings because of the talk in the media and all and because there is NOTHING BETTER than an NHL G7 - better than NBA or MLB G7 - not even close

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

3 games in 4 nights for as physical as this series is, is absolutely ridiculous! The league does itself a disservice tiring out their stars.