My Largest MMA Play of the Year *June 7th, 2009 10:30PM EST*

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master
WEC 41: Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber

A lot of people say they that even before the "lucky punch" by Mike Brown, in the last fight between him, and the then champion, Urijah Faber, Brown dominated Faber, and looked like the stronger fighter. I beg to differ. While this might have looked like the case, tonight we'll see who the stronger, more technical fighter really is. Everyone has off days in life, and work...Back on November 5th, 2008, Faber took brown lightly. On May 31st, 2009, this won't be the case.

Faber had a great comeback fight against Jens Pulver, submitting the veteran Pulver in the first 1:34 of the fight by guillotine choke. Pulver is no joke, having beat the likes of BJ Penn, Joe "Daddy" Stevenson, Caol Uno and Cub Swanson, to name a few.

Mike Brown on the other hand, defended his title for the first time against a much more average fighter in Leonard Garcia. While his record is somewhat impressive, the talent he's faced in his short career, is however, less than impressive. His biggest wins came against Jens Pulver, and Justin James.

Tonight, Urijah Faber comes in a humbled man, rejuvenated, prepared, and hungry. Tonight the California Kid will regain what's rightfully his, and once again be the WEC Featherweight Champion.

Urijah Faber (-125) for 5 Units

*Note, it's hard to get big money down on this event, so it's best to check multiple outs.*

Re: My Largest MMA Play of the Year *TONIGHT 10:30PM EST*

Good luck, Chute! :cheers

biggamer3

EOG Master

GL!

Chute why dont you chime in at all in the fantasy thread?

karamazov

EOG Veteran

Chute I like Faber too, but the fight is next sunday. Faber is so fun to watch. I have never seen a fighter like him.

Cannon

Banned

pass

Cannon

Banned

Good grief he does not know when the fight is and it is his biggest play of the year.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Apple

Banned

-120 at 5 DIMES..

I followed, GL to us. this fight is next week though, kind of wish you knew that..

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

Is this on TV

Teddy kgb

Banned

Jeff Jones says it best....you can't make this shit up.....hahahaha

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master
Re: My Largest MMA Play of the Year *June 7th, 2009 10:30PM EST*

Yeah, it's next Sunday.

Fucked up the date.

Been sick with major sinusitis.

Doesn't matter.

Outcome will be the same.

Cannon

Banned

I am fading for $100 this is some bad karma he has.

A lot of people say they that even before the "lucky punch" by Mike Brown, in the last fight between him, and the then champion, Urijah Faber, Brown dominated Faber, and looked like the stronger fighter. I beg to differ. While this might have looked like the case, tonight we'll see who the stronger, more technical fighter really is. Everyone has off days in life, and work...Back on November 5th, 2008, Faber took brown lightly. On May 31st, 2009, this won't be the case.

Faber had a great comeback fight against Jens Pulver, submitting the veteran Pulver in the first 1:34 of the fight by guillotine choke. Pulver is no joke, having beat the likes of BJ Penn, Joe "Daddy" Stevenson, Caol Uno and Cub Swanson, to name a few.

Mike Brown on the other hand, defended his title for the first time against a much more average fighter in Leonard Garcia. While his record is somewhat impressive, the talent he's faced in his short career, is however, less than impressive. His biggest wins came against Jens Pulver, and Justin James.

Tonight, Urijah Faber comes in a humbled man, rejuvenated, prepared, and hungry. Tonight the California Kid will regain what's rightfully his, and once again be the WEC Featherweight Champion.

*Note, it's hard to get big money down on this event, so it's best to check multiple outs.*

I am not really getting your logic on each guys last fight. Mike Brown beat the guy who KTFO of Pulver. At this point of there careers, Garcia is better than Pulver and proved it in the ring. Pulver at this point is pretty much a can. Which is why Fabers win over Pulver means little to me. You don't think it's possible that Faber has issues against bigger and stronger guys? Tyson Griffin and Mike Brown both fit that description. Not to say Faber can't win but I wouldn't lay chalk on it.

Apple

Banned

I am not really getting your logic on each guys last fight. Mike Brown beat the guy who KTFO of Pulver. At this point of there careers, Garcia is better than Pulver and proved it in the ring. Pulver at this point is pretty much a can. Which is why Fabers win over Pulver means little to me. You don't think it's possible that Faber has issues against bigger and stronger guys? Tyson Griffin and Mike Brown both fit that description. Not to say Faber can't win but I wouldn't lay chalk on it.

uh, oh.. valdosta is really sharp with this shit..

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Garcia was a warm up...To make Mike Brown's title reign look good.

BTW, Pulver was a big win for Garcia, one of his largest, correct? Like I typed.

Faber is WEC's prized star. He's extremely marketable.

This pick has nothing to do with my handicapping.

It's coming from my knowledge of MMA, and the politics inside the business.

Garcia was a warm up...To make Mike Brown's title reign look good.

BTW, Pulver was a big win for Garcia, one of his largest, correct? Like I typed.

Faber is WEC's prized star. He's extremely marketable.

This pick has nothing to do with my handicapping.

It's coming from my knowledge of MMA, and the politics inside the business.

Throwing Pulver back in there with Faber was a warm up as well, to make Faber look good. I am sure the WEC wants Faber to win but he is clearly the smaller, less powerfull guy. A situation that has proven to be troublesome for him. What strategy should he use to win the fight? I have plenty of knowledge about fights in general as well. Regardless, I am not saying Faber can't win but I didn't see anything in the first fight that would make this a big play.

uh, oh.. valdosta is really sharp with this shit..

I am not against his play completely, just that it's his biggest play of the year. I also don't see great logic behind it. Faber did very little the first fight before getting KO'ed. GL to anyone who plays it though.:thumbsup

Apple

Banned

odds still haven't moved.. guess thats a good sign

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

We actually did have some movement.

Small. But it moved.

At BookMaker Faber was -125 up until Thursday, then -150 yesterday morning when I checked, now -110.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

wow these would be my exact same thoughts. Pulver is so washed up he shouldn't even be in this discussion. Heck im gonna try to find more out about this Crispi dude and if i like what i see i will be loading up on him as well. I lean to Brown in this one. This isnt the NBA were refs get involved in shaping games. When i see a UFC or WEC fight that looks rigged then i will shy away from wagering on them. Right now i haven't seen a rigged fight yet in these two organizations. I can name at least ten fighters who would have made the ufc or Wec a lot of more money if they won and they all lost. This sport isnt the NBA or NFL. well not yet that is. Just because Faber is the face of the 145 division means nothing here unless it goes to a decision and i don't see this happening. This fight isn't in Japan.

Nice support, Thor and valdosta. I just got me some Brown at dog prices, but it looks like he might end up a small favorite; some of my outs have him as the favorite now.

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

GOOD LUCK CHUTE

GO------FABER BABY :cheers

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

wow these would be my exact same thoughts. Pulver is so washed up he shouldn't even be in this discussion. Heck im gonna try to find more out about this Crispi dude and if i like what i see i will be loading up on him as well. I lean to Brown in this one. This isnt the NBA were refs get involved in shaping games. When i see a UFC or WEC fight that looks rigged then i will shy away from wagering on them. Right now i haven't seen a rigged fight yet in these two organizations. I can name at least ten fighters who would have made the ufc or Wec a lot of more money if they won and they all lost. This sport isnt the NBA or NFL. well not yet that is. Just because Faber is the face of the 145 division means nothing here unless it goes to a decision and i don't see this happening. This fight isn't in Japan.

Trust me, I fully understand the sport, and how the politics of the MMA game goes. If anyone wants to check my knowledge on MMA, from a hybrid perspective, talk to Mo. We've talked about this extensively on the phone. Not only have I trained Muay Thai and BJJ for over 7 years, I also know two fighters deeply rooted in the sport. One of them being Rob Citron, who had a lot of success fighting MMA in Mexico, and Frankie Edgar, from Brick, NJ. Not to mention, a good friend of mine, who's from California, trains BJJ, and is also a handicapper, knows Urijah personally, and spoke with him about this fight. Brown is stronger, and maybe tougher, but he's not winning the fight, IMHO. We'll see how it plays out, anything can happen in MMA, but this is the fight where Mike Brown gets exposed.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Trust me, I fully understand the sport, and how the politics of the MMA game goes. If anyone wants to check my knowledge on MMA, from a hybrid perspective, talk to Mo. We've talked about this extensively on the phone. Not only have I trained Muay Thai and BJJ for over 7 years, I also know two fighters deeply rooted in the sport. One of them being Rob Citron, who had a lot of success fighting MMA in Mexico, and Frankie Edgar, from Brick, NJ. Not to mention, a good friend of mine, who's from California, trains BJJ, and is also a handicapper, knows Urijah personally, and spoke with him about this fight. Brown is stronger, and maybe tougher, but he's not winning the fight, IMHO. We'll see how it plays out, anything can happen in MMA, but this is the fight where Mike Brown gets exposed.

Faber can very well win im just saying i don't see Brown laying down for Faber just because Faber is the face of the WEC. And believe me i think that kind of stuff goes on in all professional sports just not this one(just yet). The only one (in the Wec or UFC)i thought was close to being rigged was when Anthony Johnson got poked in the eye and somehow they gave his opponent the victory.:+clueless

mofome

Banned

Chute knows his stuff. I am on board.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Could never predict a broken hand in the first round. Thought he could end it late in the fight with the choke, but he couldn't use that right hand. No way Mike Brown was losing the title that way. Congratulations to the Mike Brown backers.

mofome

Banned

Yeah no chance with that hand. Great television!

Apple

Banned

Fuck we lost.. DAMN I needed that money in my 5 DIMES

Nice hit. I made the play and forgot all about the fight, what with the Lakers trying to fuck up my under 202. What was the closing line on Brown?

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Last checked BM at 9:30ish, and it was -115/-115.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

For betting reasons i hope Pulver and Baroni stay for a very long time. for their health i think it is time for them to retire and grab Ken Shamrock and bring him along with them.

That Goddam Bookmaker. They need to start comping vaseline with those lines. If I couldn't get my Jones off on my cell phone with their mobile app, I'd kick them to the curb. If Matchbook ever goes mobile, it's sayonara to Bookmaker. . .

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Chute I was kinda hoping Edgar lost his last fight and went to the WEC but Shirk fought one of his braindead fights and this never happened. I think Edgar could easily handle Faber or Brown. Especially Brown.