Week 8 MLB action

99-106-2 for the season so far. (+5.53 units)

5 out of 7 profitable weeks.

Another week another goal.... finnish in the black for week 8.

Monday action:

970 - Texas -113 vs NY Yankees (1.2 units)

972 - Minnesota -118 vs Boston (1.2 units)

974 - KC +120 vs Detroit (1.2 units)

Almost played the Padres but Im skeered of thier road performance thus far. This game was changed to a day game and Gaudins road/day game splits tipped the scales to a no play. Still looking at Washington and Pittsburgh as big road dogs. Weak leans at this point but I will see if I can dig some additional angles or stats to boost my confidence. I imagine the lines will only continue to rise anyway. Not too good at predicting line moves but if they go the wrong way at least it will make my decision that much easier.

Good luck, Peace, and happy Memorial day. 12io4j2w90

Re: Week 8 MLB action

All right screw it. I liked these when I circled em and I still like em and the value.

Adding:

961 - Washington +150 vs NY Mets (1 unit)

963 - Pittsburgh +145 @ Cubs (1 unit)

:pop:

Adding:

980 - Anaheim Angels -150 vs CWS (1.5 units)

980 - Anaheim Angels RL +135 (0.5 units)

Angels finally turned thier ability to carve trenches in the base paths into actual scored runs yesterday and it was just a matter of time before the dam would burst. The White Sox have had a consistantly tough time getting anything going offensively most of the year, although they certainly have the potential. Dont think it happens tonight though with Santana looking like his good self recently and a tough travel change of venue for the Sox. Danks has had some decent outing against the Angels but the way things have looked for him lately and the way things have looked for the Angels offensively (we must not look at the scores but the OPS numbers to get a true perspective on what the possible future may hold) I get a strong feeling the Halos will open up a can on the White Sox tonight.

Good luck and Peace.

1-6 Monday (-5.15 units)

Glad they let me out of my straight jacket in time to get some action for tonight.

1020 - Toronto/Baltimore under 5.5 (1st 5 -120) (1.2 units)

1005 - Washington +127 (1st 5) @ NY Mets (1 unit)

910 - Milwaukee +105 vs St Louis (1 unit)

915 - Atlanta +156 @ SF (1 unit)

They took my gun away. I cant have it back til I get a sweep. :shoot:

1-3 for Tuesday (-2 units)

2-8 for week 8 (-7.15 units)

Posting these morning plays asap so you guys can at least make some cash fading me.

968 - Baltimore +150 vs Roy Halladay

One man does not a team make. Toronto bats are slumping as bad as me and my bets right now.

970 - KC +100 vs Detroit

Royals a very statistically live home dog and Porcello doesnt have enough experience to get listed in BOLD yet like Roy. Besides, the Royals tattooed him once already and I am looking to fade the Tigers on this road trip.

972 - Oakland +107 vs Seattle

Billie Bean value squad starting to get on a bit of a streak and thats a nice thing for some of these hot young prospect pitchers who really have some good stuff but have to learn on the job. Great chance for Cahill to notch a win here and there is a starting pitcher revenge angle that I like to bet on when the stars align here as well.

Got burned on the day game home dogs Memorial Day so maybe I get em this time. Or maybe its a great time to fade the monkey .... who knows.

I will probably be on two or three night games, if I dont just jump into Lake Mead with an anchor tied to my waste. Way my lucks been going the lake isnt deep enough anymore for me to drown anyway.

Looking at Texas, Cleveland and Arizona. Possibly Cincinnati with a run line twist and the under 1st 5 in the Washington/Mets game.

Feedback on these would be much appreciated as Im obviously on too many games. Maybe Ill play them all for smaller amounts depending on how my morning action goes.

Guess Im using the Roberto Clemente theory on working your way out of slumps. He advocated swinging away every at bat. "You cant get out of a slump if you dont swing the bat". Makes sense to me, but if I dont warm up soon Im liable to take the bat and break something.

Good luck everyone.

Apple

Banned

Your a good capper, things just aren't working out.. It happens.

GL tomorrow my brother

Your a good capper, things just aren't working out.. It happens.

GL tomorrow my brother

Thank you Gyno. Hopefully I can make enough dough this season to buy a saddle so I can ride your college football action all year long and really build up my bankroll.

I appreciate the support.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Good luck NatBump...stick in there. It will turn...on to tomorrow. 12io4j2w90

Looks like the gods threw me a bone with the longshot Baltimore win. But the more solid two games lose hands down. One lucky homer and two strikeouts swinging.

Adding PM action:

962 - Cincinnati RL +140 vs Houston (1 unit)

974 - Cleveland -105 vs TB (1.1 unit)
currently delayed ???

1076 - Texas 1st 5 inns +118 vs NY Yankees (1 unit)

964 - Arizona +141 vs SD

Lets get a grand slam. :+whipping

Unless my math is wrong ..... no Gyno. But it could have been worse.

3-4 today (-0.05 units)

5-12 for week 8 (-7.20 units)

Pretty tough to imagine I dig out of the hole for the week but I will be happy just to cut into the deficit and at least start week 9 without a YTD deficit. Gotta win about 2 units to do that. Who knows, if I can really heat up ..... you nevery know. Id really like to get my gun back.

Couple of plays that look really fat for Thursdays small card are:

910 - Baltimore -108 vs Detroit (1.5 units)

907 - Boston RL +140 @ Minnesota (1 unit)

Peace.

Apple

Banned

Thoughts on ARIZONA tomorrow?

ATLANTA players won't reach their beds until 3:30-4am tonight.. Any thoughts?

Considered playing them, but I like the spot for Lowe. Hes no stranger to this ballpark and something went terribly wrong for Haren in his last start. Im gonna lay off but I might be a little more tempted if Arizona was even or a dog price. Atlanta can explode when you least expect it and they still have a good road record even if they have sort of crapped out lately. Worry they might be due anytime to wake up. On the surface with the travel and the way the Braves have played lately, AZ looks like a good play. But they really do suck in a lot of ways and the couple of points Ive listed have me laying off this one.
But please dont lay off on my account. Go with your gut Gyno. Youve been doing much better than me lately. Remember the Baltimore game?

Thanks for the luck X. Needed every bit of it. Good call on Zona Gyno. Should of listened to ya.

2-0 for Thursday (+2.79 units)
Wasnt pretty but maybe this will get the ball rolling. :+whipping

7-12 for week 8 (-4.41)
Theres still some hope for the week. :thumbsup

Friday action:

958 - Mets RL +120 vs Florida

954 - Philly RL +130 vs Washington

Both these games feature two young, but talented, pitchers with enough proven experience, a good bullpen, solid offense and home field behind them. In contrast to two young (also talented), but inexperienced at the major league level, rookies that have pretty bad teams and bullpens behind them and are on the road.

The Mets have a home win streak, and a day off/stay home situation. The Phillies also get to resume a home stand with a day off hosting a bad road team that comes in with a three game losing streak. Both of these Matchups feature a very strong RL win/loss ratio for the month of May should both of my sides win. 100% (for Philly) home wins by 2 or more vs (Washington) road losses by 2 or more. 85 % (for Mets) home wins vs (Florida) road losses by 2 or more. To be fair, Philly doesnt have many home wins this month to judge by (3 if memory serves me) but then you just gotta figure they should get a couple off of Washington and this first one should have a really good shot.

Had some other games circled but found a wrinkle in each that gave me pause and Im trying to play pretty conservative in my present frame of mind. I threw them into a lunch money parlay just in case, but no official posted play on parlays of more than two teams for me: Cincy, Cleveland, KC, and ATL RL. These four games are based mainly on starting pitching matchups that I just couldnt pull the trigger on for one reason or another. They probably would be better 5 inning line plays now that I think about it. If I put any real action on them Ill post them later.

Peace. 12io4j2w90

mofome

Banned

got to take that philly rl. detwiler has been impressive, but they are hard to bet on and i cant imagine laying more than -160 on happ.

gl tomorrow!

Thanks MoFo, I think hes good too (Detwiler). Its just guys in his position try too hard to win the game all by themselves.... why? Because they have to. Thats usually a recipe for lots of frustration.

Cant wait any longer, been champing the bit to play this since this morning:

968 - Detroit/Baltimore over 10.5 +100 (1 unit)

Tons of base runners left on yesterday with some clutch pitching. Dont beleive these two (Willis and Bergeson) can keep the dam from bursting tonight. We also get Vanover at home plate.

Good luck alll.

0-3 yesterday :shoot:

Just gonna list my Saturday action and crawl back under my rock.

918 - Toronto -111 vs Boston (1.2 units)

902 - NY Mets -102 vs Florida (1.1 units)

909 - Houston RL +115 @ Pittsburgh (1 unit)

923 - NY Yankees RL -110 @ Cleveland (1.1 units)

I am pretty low right now but it shall pass.

Peace.

2-2 for Saturday. Lost 0.02 units. Basically broke even.

Ill get it going Gyno. Just dont expect any 500-0 runs. Gotta stay realistic ya know. Compounding some bad luck with some stupidity lately. Im gonna really try and tighten up my standards on playable sides until I get into a groove. Maybe even longer. Think these should qualify as solid plays for Sunday.

978 - Texas -156 vs Oakland (2 units)

Playing a big favorite is not my normal style, but my style isnt getting me very far lately. Probably wont make a big habit of it though.

978 - Texas RL +120 (0.5 units)

967 - NY Yankees -128 @ Cleveland (1 unit)

Theres this guy named Rodriguez who just came off the DL that has been tearing it up lately and for some reason the rest of the team is performing much better also. Hmmmmm. :+clueless But theres rumours he may be the antichrist or something....I also think I heard he eats children and was seen kissing Ichiro at an ABBA concert.

967 - NY Yankees RL +115 (0.5 units)

Gonna go and stretch out my rubber band now. I feel a cash flow coming on.

Peace.

Looks like another test of faith day for me. Gonna have to replace the rubber band with a paper clip if things keep up like this.

Might as well complete the square for the day with an evening play:

966 - Cubs -143 vs LA Dodgers (1.5 units)

966 - Cubs RL +145 (0.6 units)

Lil' write up.... what the hell.

I was very leery of an emotional letdown by the Dodgers at the beginning of this series and vowed to stay away as the Cubs were pressing and struggling with a wide variety of problems as well. So now that my hunch on the Dodgers has seemingly panned out and it appears the Cubs are showing signs of waking up offensively I think I see a very good window of opportunity in riding the Cubbies tonight. First of all the Dodgers are getting ready to head back home to face a divisional rival they feel they can own, Arizona. Second of all they send a pretty green young rookie to the hill and although the jury is still out, I think a smart team like the Cubs can get to him with a little bit of plate discipline, which may begin to occur since theyve won a couple. Maybe they wont press and flail as much with a little success under thier belts. Third is the fact that Marshall is probably the brightest thing shining in the beleaguered Cub rotation right now and he has a couple of rested arms to back him up after the shutdown yesterday. But most importantly.... the bottom line is that the Cubs need every win they can get right now and the Dodgers are a fat team headed home to take on a divisional team they know they can get back on track against. I might even look to fade the Dodgers at home in the near future until they prove they are riding high again. They may not be able to break out as fast as they think.

I know my plays are better fades than anything right now but I also know Ive put out some good info that has proven to be true throughout the year. My ability to turn it into winners has not fared well but its been my experience that these things can go as well as they do bad if I stick to it and keep on grinding.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Ill try despite the frustration. Theres more to life than my handicapping thats for sure.

Peace.

Fuck.... now I remember Eric Milton. Sooooo stupid. He sucked so bad I completely forgot who he was. What a boner of me. 2348ji23e

I am completeyly out of sync. Cant believe Marshalls 1st. Im dooooomed.

Apple

Banned

Today sucked for me too.. Lets lick our wounds and have a great week.

Man the books got us