Wow - Partial Birth Abortion Doctor shot dead today

Looks like this guy had a lot of enemies.

Source: Suspect in custody in abortion doc slaying

<!-- end: .tools -->
<!-- end: .hd --> <cite class="caption"> AP ? The body of Dr. George Tiller is removed from the Reformation Lutheran Church in Wichita, Kan., Sunday, ? </cite>

<!-- end #main-media -->

<!-- end .primary-media -->
<!-- end .related-media --> <cite class="vcard"> By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press Writer Roxana Hegeman, Associated Press Writer </cite> ? <abbr title="2009-05-31T13:25:07-0700" class="recenttimedate">49 mins ago</abbr>
<!-- end .byline --> WICHITA, Kan. ? Prominent late-term abortion provider George Tiller was shot and killed Sunday in a Wichita church where he was serving as an usher, his attorney said. The gunman fled but a city official said a suspect is in custody.
The city official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the case. The official did not provide additional details.
Long a focus of national anti-abortion groups, including a summer-long protest in 1991, Tiller was shot during morning services at Reformation Lutheran Church while his wife was in the choir, his attorney Dan Monnat said. Police said the gunman had fled in a car registered in Merriam, a Kansas City suburb nearly 200 miles away.
Tiller's Women's Health Care Services clinic is one of just three in the nation where abortions are performed after the 21st week of pregnancy.
Tiller's killing is "an unspeakable tragedy," his widow, four children and 10 grandchildren said in statement issued by Monnat. "This is particularly heart-wrenching because George was shot down in his house of worship, a place of peace."
The family said its loss "is also a loss for the city of Wichita and women across America. George dedicated his life to providing women with high-quality health care despite frequent threats and violence."
A protester shot Tiller in both arms in 1993, and his clinic was bombed in 1985. More recently, Monnat said Tiller had asked federal prosecutors to step up investigations of vandalism and other threats against the clinic out of fear that the incidents were increasing and that Tiller's safety was in jeopardy.
In early May, Tiller had asked the FBI to investigate vandalism at his clinic, including cut wires to surveillance cameras and damage to the roof that sent rainwater pouring into the building.
Anti-abortion groups denounced the shooting and stressed that they support only nonviolent protest. The movement's leaders fear the killing could create a backlash just as they are scrutinizing U.S. Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, whose views on abortion rights are not publicly known.
"We are shocked at this morning's disturbing news that Mr. Tiller was gunned down," Troy Newman, Operation Rescue's president, said in a statement. "Operation Rescue has worked for years through peaceful, legal means, and through the proper channels to see him brought to justice. We denounce vigilantism and the cowardly act that took place this morning."
In 1991, the Summer of Mercy protests organized by Operation Rescue drew thousands of anti-abortion activists to this city for demonstrations marked by civil disobedience and mass arrests.
Tiller began providing abortion services in 1973. He acknowledged abortion was as socially divisive as slavery or prohibition but said the issue was about giving women a choice when dealing with technology that can diagnose severe fetal abnormalities before a baby is born.
After the 1991 protests, Tiller kept mostly to his heavily guarded clinic, although in 1997 he opened it to three tours by state lawmakers and the media.
Tiller remained prominent in the news, in part because of an investigation started begun by former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline, an abortion opponent.
Prosecutors had alleged that Tiller had gotten second opinions from a doctor who was essentially an employee of his, not independent as state law requires. A jury in March acquitted Tiller of all 19 misdemeanor counts.
"I am stunned by this lawless and violent act, which must be condemned and should be met with the full force of law," Kline said in a written statement. "We join in lifting prayer that God's grace and presence rest with Dr. Tiller's family and friends."
Abortion opponents also questioned then-Gov. Kathleen Sebelius' ties to Tiller before the Senate confirmed her this year as U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary. Tiller donated thousands of dollars to Sebelius over the years.

Re: Wow - Partial Birth Abortion Doctor shot dead today

Apparently King Hussein is "outraged"...but not the least bit "outraged" about babies thrown in the garbage because of a botched abortion.

I'll tell you...I am CRUSHED...DEVASTATED by this horrific senseless brutality!

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

As some of the anti-choice industry have apparently recognized--at least according to their quotes in the news today--this Justice Department is not going to stand by idly or overlook such domestic terrorism. All the hellfire and brimstone thumpers who incite the lunatics will most likely be keeping their heads down while the feds crank up the machinery of enforcement on this go-round.

texansfan

EOG Master

It doesn't matter how you feel about abortion, this was wrong, plain and simple.

As some of the anti-choice industry have apparently recognized--at least according to their quotes in the news today--this Justice Department is not going to stand by idly or overlook such domestic terrorism. All the hellfire and brimstone thumpers who incite the lunatics will most likely be keeping their heads down while the feds crank up the machinery of enforcement on this go-round.

Oooooo.....sounds scawwwwy.....

Any excuse to trample on the First Amendment, right?

It's what you left wing Stalinists REALLY want, right?

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to all those perplexing headlines about sold out ammunition at every corner gun shop. (Oh wait...I guess a faux-Manhattanite elite like you never been to a range.)

Oh well...

This is what happens when a few men in black robes decide to make laws and usurp the will of the people.

Honestly, I have never seen so many people on edge.

Millions feeling extremely nervous and powerless under this developing soft tyranny, uneasy about the future of their country.

I guess some people didn't blow off enough steam at the Tea Parties. :+textinb3

Who knows what's gonna happen next!

:pop:

texansfan

EOG Master

Joe, what does that have to do with this guy killing the doctor?

Joey, don't soil your britches just yet; I wouldn't be too concerned about the United States Justice Department if I were you, they don't have much enforcement sway up in Toronto. . .

Joe, what does that have to do with this guy killing the doctor?

Abortion is murder. (Eye for an eye...) Said this NUMEROUS times at the Rx..and not afraid of repeating it here.

But listen to Maureen Dowd, aka 4625:

Not only does she want this barbarity against babies to continue, she would love nothing more than for all the "hellfire and brimstone thumpers" to be silenced.

These un-American statists tried this power grab after Oklahoma trying to blame the Rush Limbaughs for "inciting" guys Timothy McVeigh.

"Hellfire brimstone thumpers" or not...count me in as someone who won't shed at tear if these sort of headlines become the norm.

Obviously, the soft tyranny of Hussein is beginning to drive some folks "over the edge."

I don't really think it is necessary to go around killing partial birth Abortion doctors. I rather suspect they will be dealt with in a not so kind way at a later date.

However, here is a reminder of what they actually engage in. A fairly despicable procedure if you ask me.

<big>Partial Birth Abortion
</big>Is it Really Happening?
<small>Brenda Pratt Shafer, a registered nurse from Dayton, Ohio, assisted Dr. Haskell in a Partial Birth Abortion on a 26-1/2 week (over 6 months) pre-born baby boy. She testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee (on 11/17/95) about what she witnessed. According to nurse Shafer, the baby was alive and moving as the abortionist ?delivered the baby?s body and arms - everything but the head. The doctor kept the baby?s head just inside the uterus. The baby?s little fingers were clasping and unclasping, his feet were kicking. Then the doctor stuck the scissors through the back of his head, and the baby?s arms jerked out in a flinch, a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks he might fall. The doctor opened up the scissors, stuck a high-powered suction tube into the opening and sucked the baby?s brains out. Now the baby was completely limp.?
</small>
<center><table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td><small>With forceps, the doctor turns the baby around in the womb to be positioned feet first. The baby?s legs are pulled out into the birth canal. The baby is alive at this point. . </small></td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td align="left" valign="middle"><small>The abortionist delivers the baby?s entire body, except for the head, which remains inside the birth canal. The baby?s hands and feet move</small></td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td><small>The abortionist stabs the scissors into the base of the baby?s skull. The scissors are spread to enlarge the opening. The suction catheter is then inserted and the brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The head slides out easily.</small></td> </tr> </tbody></table> </center>​
<small>
ARE THE BABIES ALIVE DURING THE ABORTION?

Yes! On July 11, 1995, American Medical News (AMA?s official journal) submitted the transcript of a tape-recorded interview with abortionist Dr. Martin Haskell to the House Judiciary Committee in which he admitted: ?...the majority of fetuses aborted this way (partial birth abortion) are alive until the end of the procedure.?

IS THIS TYPE OF ABORTION RARE?

When this type of procedure first became public knowledge, those defending it said it was only done a few hundred times a year. Then Ron Fitzsimmons, the executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers admitted on ABC?s ?Nightline? (11/95) that he had lied when he asserted the procedure was used rarely and only on women whose lives were in danger. The reality is, this gruesome method of killing partially born babies is done many thousands of times a year. Abortionist, Dr. McMahon, admitted in 1995 to performing over 2000 partial birth abortions.

ARE THEY PERFORMED ONLY ON SEVERELY DEFORMED BABIES?

That is what the abortion industry would like you to believe. But Dr. Haskell said in a tape recorded interview with the AMA?s American Medical News: ?...and I?ll be quite frank: most of my abortions are elective (not medically necessary) in that 20-24 week range ... In my particular case, probably 20% are for genetic reasons. And the other 80% are purely elective.? An article in the L.A. Times (8/28/96) listed some of the medical reasons for this type of abortion. They included cleft palates, cystic hygroma, (both easily corrected problems) and cystic fibrosis. The medical conditions present in the mother that warranted this type of abortion were, ?depression, chicken pox, diabetes, vomiting ...? In other words, even those partial birth abortions that are done for the ?health of the mother? or because of a ?defective fetus? are often performed for minor, easily correctable conditions. Dr. C. Everett Coop, former U.S. Surgeon General, stated, ?... in no way can I twist my mind to see that the late-term abortion as described is a medical necessity for the mother. It certainly can?t be a necessity for the baby.?

IS THIS TYPE OF ABORTION EVER DONE ON THIRD TRIMESTER BABIES?

Yes. While most babies are in their 20th to 24th week when aborted in this manner, babies are aborted as late as the ninth month! This was admitted to by abortionist Dr. McMahon who, in 1995, submitted to the House Judiciary Constitution Subcommittee a graph and explanation that showed he aborted healthy babies even in the third trimester!

As disturbing as this sounds, these are the facts. In this country medical doctors are partially delivering babies and then killing them. These babies are inches from being born. Many could be born and placed directly in the loving arms of childless couples for adoption. Instead, they are cruelly killed. Some call this abortion. No matter what you call it, you cannot alter the reality - 4 more inches out of the womb and this act would be called murder.</small>

The Kingship of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hussein (who is a black man very near the white women, I might add) has little to do with murderous wackjobs. Such defectives were running loose and committing murders under Clinton's and the buffoon's administration.

texansfan

EOG Master

Abortion is murder. (Eye for an eye...) Said this NUMEROUS times at the Rx..and not afraid of repeating it here. "

Well, I'm personally against abortion but I don't condone killing the doctor. Since you're quoting the Bible, how about "Thou shalt not kill"

What gives this guy the right in this case to take a life?

texansfan

EOG Master

The Kingship of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hussein (who is a black/white man very near the white women, I might add) has little to do with murderous wackjobs. Such defectives were running loose and committing murders under the previous two buffoon's administrations.

fixed it.

http://www.newbritainherald.com/articles/2009/05/30/news/doc4a21e3897139a327740464.txt

Gun sales skyrocket

"Gun sales have at least doubled," said the longtime owner of Hoffman?s Gun Center on the Berlin Turnpike. "Business is up at least 50 percent and that?s in a bad economy. It shows you how scared people are."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, folks like me, Glen Beck, Michael Savage... thousands of bloggers across the net who sense a tension that hasn't existed since 1776....yeppers...we're the nutjobs...because "we report and let you decide." :thumbsup

Yep, Americans have decided to take up deer huntin' in record numbers!

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Newsflash to redcoat libs:

America has a Second Amendment.

Don't think this is Nazi Germany where your messianic tinpot dictator (who btw utterly refuses to validate his US-born citizenship) and his henchmen can consolidate power, then go door to door forcing us all meekly into ovens.

If the govt pushes too hard -- and I have NEVER seen a power grab like this administration -- the people will begin to push back.

Call me clazy, but if things deteriorate as bad as I and others predict, me thinks Jefferson's "tree of liberty" might become a little 'stained' at some point in the future.

Pray those clumsy Republicans get their act together and start acting like Conservatives again, so the silent majority (those patriots scooping up all that firepower!) feel like they have a voice again! :doh1

Got 4 handguns and 2 shotguns ready to go.

You and millions of others, brother Nicolas.

Now watch what happens if, for example, Maureen's Stalinists try and shove a "Fairness Doctrine" down our throats.

Would make the upcoming Israel-Iran war look like a backyard Super Soaker party.

:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

Well, I'm personally against abortion but I don't condone killing the doctor. Since you're quoting the Bible, how about "Thou shalt not kill"

"Thou shall not kill" is better understood as "Thou shall not murder."

According to the Bible not all killing, the taking of a life, is murder.

Murder is the unlawfully taking of human life.

But if God opposed all forms of "killing" he wouldn't have allowed the Israelites to kill other humans under very special circumstances such as punishment for certain sins, for example, murder (Exodus 21:12-14, Leviticus 24:17, 21) and adultery (Leviticus 20:10, Deuteronomy 22:22-24). God also allowed the Israelites to engage in warfare and even gave them instructions about waging war (Deuteronomy 20:1-20).

(Source: http://www.biblestudy.org/question/what-does-thou-shall-not-kill-mean.html)

What gives this guy the right in this case to take a life?

Well, all legal nitpicking aside, I guess it depends who you ask.

Personally, I happen to have a gift for hating scum. I admit, seeing evil men suffer immeasurable pain gives me a woody.

So whether it's baby murderers getting gunned down in cold blood or Israel finally turning Tehran into a glass parking lot, my reaction is going to be fairly consistent:

Joey, don't soil your britches just yet; I wouldn't be too concerned about the United States Justice Department if I were you, they don't have much enforcement sway up in Toronto. . .

heh...I'm pretty sure that poop was not what spewed out of Markie when he first read this news story.

Far more likely it was cream rinse on his keyboard if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Good setup. . . .This is where I step in the the "wack-job for the wack-job" schtick. . .Thank you very much. . .I'll be here all week. . .Be sure and take care of your bartenders and waitresses. . .Try the chicken, it's fabulous. . .12io4j2w90

4625, tis your and my moral duty to drop in daily for at least a half dozen quick quip posts each here in the EOG PoliticoPub, "JoeC" and Nick would be almost all alone, each arguing over whose Topics draw the most Views.

Tis true. . .But I am expecting some slight amusement very soon. . .I know is that our very own Lil Joey has gone underground for the last 26 minutes. . .When he finally reappears, I'm expecting some very zany and entertaining photos that he swiped from whatever website photoshops the pics that our wackjobs post here.