OT: Investing In Stock. What is the quickest way

royalfan

EOG Dedicated
Re: OT: Investing In Stock. What is the quickest way

Who are the experts. What is the quickest way to get some money in the market.

Just hoping market takes another dip down towards the low of the year. Been so damn lazy. Been in cash for 7 or 8 years. Need to get it all in there. TD ameritrade pretty easy. Thank god they laid me off about 8 years ago when they laid off about all the mid managers. So much better off doing my own thing.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

The possible returns in the stock market is way too low and the process is way too slow for degenerate gamblers like us

5-10% expected returns on a yearly basis. So if you put a grand on a stock you are expected to make around 50-100 bucks before taxes in a year

Oh come on now, that doesnt satisfy my fix:LMAO

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

The possible returns in the stock market is way too low and the process is way too slow for degenerate gamblers like us

5-10% expected returns on a yearly basis. So if you put a grand on a stock you are expected to make around 50-100 bucks before taxes in a year

Oh come on now, that doesnt satisfy my fix:LMAO
Sounds better than a simple savings account for the grand. Wish I knew the mechanics of buying and selling. Then again trusting in people that can't see "working" is not so easy.

Scottrade.com.

$7.00 commissions on trades. Drop off a check at their local office or have it directly withdrawn from a checking account. $500.00 minimum deposit.

Have had some good fortune with stocks......

Bought Sirius at $0.11 a share and stock has tripled
Bought BOA at $4.77 a share and has more than doubled
Bought JP Morgan Chase at $24.76 and has gone up over $10

However, also was dumb enough to buy Citi at $16.13 a share......oops.........

Honestly mo, you can easily make a higher percentage gambling than you can in the stock market just by bonus hunting and scalping.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Sharebilder/ING Direct is good,cheap & fast.

Playing the markets is far more frustrating for me than sports.Be careful.GL

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

zecco has $4.50 unlimited trades.
If you carry a balance of at least 20k the trades are free.

You can make much much more then 5 to 10% a year.

You can look into the 3x inverse index funds that often have 20%swings on a single day.

The index funds short the market, so you just have to figure out if you thing the market is going to go up or down for the given day.

They also have 2x long funds that do the same thing for an up market.

I have a friend of mine that turned 16K into almost 1 million since september.

Try doing that sportsbetting using sound money management.

And even if you could, try getting your money after you win.

Save up for football season instead, mofome! I think the low vig Matchbook offers is far better to invest with than the stock market! :)

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

If you want to gamble, play the commodities or options market.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Mutual Funds are a good way to start. You are buying a portion of a lot of stocks. Basically betting on sectors of the market.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Sure - what's there to lose? Maybe this is all just BS to manipulate the price so low that someone out there can score big. :)
When all is said and done, the stock will be at zero. No way around it. The bondholders are getting next to nothing, the stockholders will get nothing at all.

J

joeybagadonuts

Scottrade.com.

$7.00 commissions on trades. Drop off a check at their local office or have it directly withdrawn from a checking account. $500.00 minimum deposit.

Bingo.

Take this advice. :cheers

Get a job, invest as much as you can to the 401k with matching.

Probably not the advice you want to hear but far wiser than the usual minsinformation in this thread.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

You would have to be completely brain dead if you still think there are experts in this field, guessers would be a better word. The biggest problem with any sort of Share dealing is we have been brainwashed into thinking you can only lose X percentage of your cash because everyone around you are professionals while reaping great rewards on the upside.

The truth is there are too many snouts in the trough nowadays and either you pay for these jokers lifestyles or you go it alone day trading against tough margins. Consider investing 100K, how much return can you get or expect to get? someone on a soccer forum commented recently that you could get a 13.5% return net on betting the big 4 in the Premiership, 6.2% net the top 8. Its highly unlikely that one of the big 4 doesnt win, certainly nobody out of the top 8, "but you could lose it all" I hear you say, as if People are not losing their life savings on the markets.

We have come to a period of History where things are going to change, the day of the easy Dollar is over for these bluffer MBA wankers and investment will go back to the old ways, solid growth in Companies and Art investments. The markets are no more than another gambling event where People take their chances against each other and as such leaves the square firmly in second place due to time availability and advanced IT. :cheers

ATX

research cutting edge technologies such as microrobotics, DNA, pharms. you are still going to know when to get in and when to get out.

mofome

Banned

Have had some good fortune with stocks......

Bought Sirius at $0.11 a share and stock has tripled
Bought BOA at $4.77 a share and has more than doubled
Bought JP Morgan Chase at $24.76 and has gone up over $10

However, also was dumb enough to buy Citi at $16.13 a share......oops.........

Honestly mo, you can easily make a higher percentage gambling than you can in the stock market just by bonus hunting and scalping.

Sounds like a lot of patience.

2348ji23e

mofome

Banned

Probably not the advice you want to hear but far wiser than the usual minsinformation in this thread.

I have a job.

:houra

Just interested in the discussion. Not looking to 'get rich quick' by investing in this market.

ATX

research cutting edge technologies such as microrobotics, DNA, pharms. you are still going to know when to get in and when to get out.

this will get you rich quick, just like Dell.

mofome

Banned

this will get you rich quick, just like Dell.

I could only be but so rich. At a certain point I would just give most of what I made away, should I luck in to enough money to do so. That would be a nice position. I will have to take into account everyones advice and see what I can come up with.

This type of thing is not exactly my cup of tea, but perhaps you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Not many places matching anymore. Always smart to contribute the amount that the company will max out. Free money.

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast

Buy some platinum. That will go up a lot overthe next few years. Currently $1207. I posted this when it was $1085 a month ago, but there is still a lot to be made. It costs more than $1207 to bring an ounce to market. It is 25 times more rare than gold, it is used in the production of 1 out of every 5 products made in the world.

ATX

I think the price of chicken will go up too. Buy a bunch of eggs and chicken.

You would have to be completely brain dead if you still think there are experts in this field, guessers would be a better word. The biggest problem with any sort of Share dealing is we have been brainwashed into thinking you can only lose X percentage of your cash because everyone around you are professionals while reaping great rewards on the upside.

The truth is there are too many snouts in the trough nowadays and either you pay for these jokers lifestyles or you go it alone day trading against tough margins. Consider investing 100K, how much return can you get or expect to get? someone on a soccer forum commented recently that you could get a 13.5% return net on betting the big 4 in the Premiership, 6.2% net the top 8. Its highly unlikely that one of the big 4 doesnt win, certainly nobody out of the top 8, "but you could lose it all" I hear you say, as if People are not losing their life savings on the markets.

We have come to a period of History where things are going to change, the day of the easy Dollar is over for these bluffer MBA wankers and investment will go back to the old ways, solid growth in Companies and Art investments. The markets are no more than another gambling event where People take their chances against each other and as such leaves the square firmly in second place due to time availability and advanced IT.

Well written and a bullseye.

12io4j2w90