Dunkirk worked 47.24 breezing. Best of 59. Dangerous horse in belmont

Apple

Banned
I still think he's the best three year old in the country. Completely throw out his derby run he broke bad and had a bad trip. I think this horse is extremely dangerous if he runs. Will be a decent price too.

Re: Dunkirk worked 47.24 breezing. Best of 59. Dangerous horse in belmont

Mine the Bird has proven to be much stronger then originally expected and that long belmont stretch really plays right into his strengths...

Distance is going to be a problem for 3/4 of the horses in the race, and Mine that Bird can run day. I am swallowing all my words I said about the Bird being a Fluke.

JoeThomas

EOG Enthusiast

Mine that Bird is a son of Birdstone. Who came up and got Smarty Jones in the Belmont. This horse loves the deep stretch and Im betting him in the belmont.

Apple

Banned

Mine That Bird is going to be the favorite and I HATE betting chalk in the Belmont. I have a ton of respect for Mine That Bird but I think he's worth trying to beat in the third leg..

Apple

Banned

John Velazquez will ride Dunkirk in the Belmont. On Sunday, Velazquez climbed aboard the gray colt for the first time, working him a half-mile. After starting about a length behind Monba leaving the four-furlong pole, Dunkirk quickly got to his company and put a head in front after an eighth in 12.62. Velazquez, instructed by trainer Todd Pletcher to give the colt an easy work, moved Dunkirk a few paths away from Monba so that he wouldn't get too aggressive.

After going a second in eighth in 11.72, Dunkirk did settle down while a few paths away from Monba in the stretch and got the last quarter in 25.34 while finishing a length in front of Monba. Dunkirk galloped out five furlongs in 1:01.92.

"He was a little strong," Velazquez said. "I was afraid he was going to go a little too fast so I had to get away from the company, I had to go in the five or six path, then sit there quietly. He actually worked really easy, though, and galloped out very nice."

Pletcher switched up workmates for Dunkirk, choosing Monba over Munnings because he wanted an easier work.

"I didn't want to do too much and I was afraid he and Munnings might go a little keen together," said Pletcher, who is pointing Munnings to the Woody Stephens on the Belmont undercard. "I was going to work him by himself, but I got to thinking I've never breezed him by himself. I didn't

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

I find it interesting ( but I dont know if He's right ) thjat a poster on the RX said the Belmont suits hosses that are prominent. Certainly Mind that Bird, Dunkirk and Chocolate appear to be come from behind, any views on this and where is the pace in what could be a short field. :cheers

Apple

Banned

Thats true the three horses you mentioned are come from behind horses.. It appears to be a paceless race, I'm interested into seeing what strategy will be used.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

with mine that bird being a guiling theyll run that horse all out no holding back no tommorow that f/er will be there 1st going away less he drops ,i may reup with credit bro f/n card and bridge jump to f/n place or show ,bridge jump to me may only be 500.00 if i lose i quit forever
x 100 400 oij213490

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

once and for all ill show these bastards ,i dont f/n lose THEYLL BE TAUGHT A LESSON ,

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

I WILL BRING BELMONT TO ITS KNEES:houra:houra:houra

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=ts width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=tDataImage6 style="PADDING-TOP: 20px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width="25%"> <TD id=tDataImage7 style="PADDING-TOP: 20px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width="25%"> <TR><TD id=tDataText4 vAlign=top align=middle width="25%">[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Mine That Bird Calvin Borel:Kentucky ...
480 x 304 - 58k - jpg
news.spreadit.org[/SIZE][/FONT] <TD id=tDataText5 vAlign=top align=middle width="25%">[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]that Mine That Bird would go on and ...
380 x 430 - 26k - jpg
www.oddjack.com[/SIZE][/FONT] <TD id=tDataText6 vAlign=top align=middle width="25%">[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Mine That Bird
300 x 275 - 23k - jpg[/SIZE][/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Apple

Banned

HAHAHAHA

Borel is guaranteeing victory.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

gyno he is trying to do what the selfish owners of rachel are not doing..create some buzz for the event and the sport....some reason for a bigger TV audience, people to talk horse racing for a week... its gamesmanship on his part....I dont blame him....

Apple

Banned

I love it.. I wasn't bashing him sir, I actually appreciate it for the same reasons you do..

Im keying Dunkirk, just as I did in the Derby.

Mine That Bird is a last to first one-run horse who will flatten when running into a dawdling pace IMO. I wouldnt be suprised if he missed the board, but also wouldnt be shocked if he won as well.

Dunkirk, again, for me, a key.

gyno he is trying to do what the selfish owners of rachel are not doing..create some buzz for the event and the sport....some reason for a bigger TV audience, people to talk horse racing for a week... its gamesmanship on his part....I dont blame him....
actually, no he is not.. i like his horse to win, and for those who like the sport and arent frat boy once a year fans, the race still merits scrutiny and interest.

Apple

Banned

were together on this one sir..

BBYHILL

EOG Veteran

Have to key Dunkirk,also like CC.

mousey8121

EOG Member

I am going with #7 Mine that Bird #6 Charitable Man #2 Dunkirk

I'm going to put a side bet on #1 Choclate Candy (Jenny Craig ownes Choclate Candy go figure).

I talked to a worker at Belmont today (Fri 3pm) he says it's going to clear up tonight. The track will still be off for the first few races (1-6) they are going to scrape the track in between races & by the time the Belmont goes off the track should be close to fast.

Good luck,

mousey

Apple

Banned

Love his chances tomorrow.

Apple

Banned

Love his chances tomorrow. love that sandy is on him too.

Apple

Banned

We had the best horse gentleman, it just didn't work out.

We had the best horse gentleman, it just didn't work out.
I happen to think the best horse won the race.. the fractions were on the light side considering the extremely fast times that were prior to the race, and Dunkirk has even less an excuse than Mine that Bird, who was compromised by a slow and bunched pace and force to run a race that really didnt suit his style. Make no mistake about it, Summer Bird is a legitimate talent.

August West

Rambler

Anyone want to give me odds, right now, on Dunkirk winning the Travers? I'm interested in making an early wager.

Apple

Banned

Summer Bird is legit, but definitely is/was not the best horse in that race.. MTB was running his third race in 5 weeks and got an awful ride that no one argues.. Dunkirk ran a style he is not accustomed too, set very fast early fractions and was right there to the wire..

Summer Bird is legit, but definitely is/was not the best horse in that race.. MTB was running his third race in 5 weeks and got an awful ride that no one argues.. Dunkirk ran a style he is not accustomed too, set very fast early fractions and was right there to the wire..

look.. im becoming shockingly disappointed in you lately.. you are trying to tell me 47 and change and 12 and change for 6 is a "very fast pace"? Did you happen to watch any of the earlier races that day.. every fucking race they were going near track record final times and fractions (ie Fabulous Strike went 43 and 3 and still fucking won. Dunkirk has the least of excuses out of the top 3... he may not like the lead, but he had every chance to run setting what was a SOFT pace that day.

MTB didnt get an "awful" ride either. Look, Chip Wooley is not a handicapper. I am. The pace was dawdling with the entire pack being bunched together and no rail for MTB to stick to... If Calvin sits still along the rail the entire race, he tips out at the top of the stretch 10 lengths behind and belatedly passes Charitable Man for 3rd. Desermoux sat a great trip, but he had all his decisions made for him. He was pinned in along the rail in 5th until the stretch no matter what he wanted to do. He happened to be sitting on the horse with the most run, and was the benefit of MTB being somewhat forced to engage the two leaders at the top of the lane. Simply put, he was going to win pretty much no matter what once he was able to secure close position inside behind a light pace, and a good race flow.

What amateur handicappers seem to mistake all the time is pace. I am a pure pace handicapper. If you dont agree with me, get the Moss pace figures for the Belmont. If you can show me that statistically the pace was quick for the day's course condition, I will never write here nor bet a horse race again.

Apple

Banned

look.. im becoming shockingly disappointed in you lately..

The feeling is mutual, sometimes I wonder about you.. You are getting destroyed in the other thread and you're still arguing even though you had zero facts..

you are trying to tell me 47 and change and 12 and change for 6 is a "very fast pace"? Did you happen to watch any of the earlier races that day.. every fucking race they were going near track record final times and fractions (ie Fabulous Strike went 43 and 3 and still fucking won. Dunkirk has the least of excuses out of the top 3... he may not like the lead, but he had every chance to run setting what was a SOFT pace that day.

Dunkirk was given a whole new style, he went 23 and 1, I dont give a fuk how fast the track was, thats fast especially for a horse who has been coming from behind. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I know the track was fast, so was the first half mile..

MTB didnt get an "awful" ride either. Look, Chip Wooley is not a handicapper. I am. The pace was dawdling with the entire pack being bunched together and no rail for MTB to stick to... If Calvin sits still along the rail the entire race, he tips out at the top of the stretch 10 lengths behind and belatedly passes Charitable Man for 3rd. Desermoux sat a great trip, but he had all his decisions made for him. He was pinned in along the rail in 5th until the stretch no matter what he wanted to do. He happened to be sitting on the horse with the most run, and was the benefit of MTB being somewhat forced to engage the two leaders at the top of the lane. Simply put, he was going to win pretty much no matter what once he was able to secure close position inside behind a light pace, and a good race flow.

What amateur handicappers seem to mistake all the time is pace. I am a pure pace handicapper. If you dont agree with me, get the Moss pace figures for the Belmont. If you can show me that statistically the pace was quick for the day's course condition, I will never write here nor bet a horse race again.

The track was fast.. Who's gonna argue that, so is 23 and 1 first quarter in a 1 1/2 mile race... I dont care if the track variant is ZERO 23 and 1 is fast.. FACT not opinion, you can't argue fact.

Mine that Bird ran a 22 and 3 quarter between the half mile and quarter mile poles, enough said.. Chip Wooley, Jerry Bailey, handicappers that have been betting and watching horses for 50+ years agree that the ride was bad.. You don't, thats cool. Everyone has an opinion.

Mine that Bird beat Summer bird by 13 lenghts in the Ky Derby by making one run, Mine That Bird ran a super race in the Preakness by making one run..

In the Belmont Borel was in front of 4 horses with 5.5 furlongs still left in the race.. HMM

The feeling is mutual, sometimes I wonder about you.. You are getting destroyed in the other thread and you're still arguing even though you had zero facts..

Dunkirk was given a whole new style, he went 23 and 1, I dont give a fuk how fast the track was, thats fast especially for a horse who has been coming from behind. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I know the track was fast, so was the first half mile..

The track was fast.. Who's gonna argue that, so is 23 and 1 first quarter in a 1 1/2 mile race... I dont care if the track variant is ZERO 23 and 1 is fast.. FACT not opinion, you can't argue fact.

Mine that Bird ran a 22 and 3 quarter between the half mile and quarter mile poles, enough said.. Chip Wooley, Jerry Bailey, handicappers that have been betting and watching horses for 50+ years agree that the ride was bad.. You don't, thats cool. Everyone has an opinion.

Mine that Bird beat Summer bird by 13 lenghts in the Ky Derby by making one run, Mine That Bird ran a super race in the Preakness by making one run..

In the Belmont Borel was in front of 4 horses with 5.5 furlongs still left in the race.. HMM

hahaha.. u use jerry bailey as an example.. hilarious. chip wooley is a rat trainer from new mexico that likely doesnt read well. nice work...
you dont make one run into a dead pace.. youre not smart enough to realize 23 and 1 isnt dick on a rocket track.. i cant help you now.

youre just out of your element here. i hate to tell you that because youre thought of so highly on here for your racing knowledge and that people like you, and they should. on this matter, though, you just jump aboard the dopewagon and eat a mouthful of shit like the rest. i choose not to. i bet on dunkirk, so i am the first one to want to make an excuse... he may not have liked the lead, but he got it really easy.. no middle moves at him or anything, ...

Apple

Banned

hahaha.. u use jerry bailey as an example.. hilarious. chip wooley is a rat trainer from new mexico that likely doesnt read well. nice work...

I'm not a big Jerry Bailey fan either, think he was an overrated jock but nonetheless why should his opinion not count? Wooley a rat trainer, lol.. gotta admit thats funny LOL.. Good one I like it:cheers

you dont make one run into a dead pace.. youre not smart enough to realize 23 and 1 isnt dick on a rocket track.. i cant help you now.

dead pace? 23 and 1 isn't fast for 3 year olds going a mile and a 1/2 distance??

Are you serious Sandy? Please..

youre just out of your element here. i hate to tell you that because youre thought of so highly on here for your racing knowledge and that people like you, and they should. on this matter, though, you just jump aboard the dopewagon and eat a mouthful of shit like the rest. i choose not to. i bet on dunkirk, so i am the first one to want to make an excuse... he may not have liked the lead, but he got it really easy.. no middle moves at him or anything, ...

Out of my element??? LOL I know just as much or more about horse racing then you do, no question about it.. You want to use insults to make your point come across thats fine with me, you are running out of valid arguments anyway.

We at least agree on one thing, the track was super fast on Saturday.. Wish you would agree that Dunkirk shouldn't of had the lead, but its all over now and nothing we can do can change it..

I am looking at the fractions of Saturday's races at Belmont and I will admit the track was super fast, but still the pace in the Belmont wasn't dead, 23 and 1 47 flat is never dead going a mile and half..