WR Apo Decommits from Texas and it now headed to BYU (Cougars cleaning up)

mofome

Banned
Ross Apo <!--From Prefetch--><table class="pdbheader" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="pic">

Photo Gallery

</td> <td style="margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; width: 100%;"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="100%">Wide Receiver
Arlington (TX) The Oakridge School
Ht: 6-foot-3 (Events)
Wt: 190 lbs
Forty: 4.6 secs
Vertical: 37 inches
Class: 2010 (High School)
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Re: WR Apo Decommits from BYU and it now headed to BYU (Cougars cleaning up)

decommits from where?

Timetopay

EOG Master

Byu to Byu aint that far a drive pal

mofome

Banned

haha Texas.

global24

EOG Veteran
Re: WR Apo Decommits from Texas and it now headed to BYU (Cougars cleaning up)

There has to be something going on here...b/c a player from texas does not decommit from the powerhouse of UT to go to BYU. It just isn't reasonable to assume that he had a change of heart so much so that he chose BYU over UT. I could understand going to OU or USC, but BYU there has to be another underlying driving force.

mofome

Banned

There has to be something going on here...b/c a player from texas does not decommit from the powerhouse of UT to go to BYU. It just isn't reasonable to assume that he had a change of heart so much so that he chose BYU over UT. I could understand going to OU or USC, but BYU there has to be another underlying driving force.

He is a mormon and byu just got a commit from the QB that some consider the best QB in the nation.

BYU is having an excellent year in recruiting so far, especially with decommits. I undersand tha Mormons want to play there, but is it more important than national T.V. coverage that the big boys get, and the fact that no matter how many games they win, they will not be in the NC game?

mofome

Banned

BYU is having an excellent year in recruiting so far, especially with decommits. I undersand tha Mormons want to play there, but is it more important than national T.V. coverage that the big boys get, and the fact that no matter how many games they win, they will not be in the NC game?

I hate that no big schools, or at least very few, will go there to play them. Without the chance to knock out a top 15 OOC team during the season, they'll never get their shot. They have a very talented staff and its an exciting time for their school. This has to be the first time ever a recruit has left a commit to TX for BYU. This young WR dominated the Oklahoma summer camp.

BYU goes to the "Jerry Dome" in Arlington to open the season against OU, an then hosts Florida State, in the first of a home and home this year. What is interesting is that starting in 2012, they start a home/home series with Boise State, and that series is scheduled for 4 years that I know of. It could be longer. Could this be the start of a new front against the BCS regarding the exclusion of being in the NC game?

mofome

Banned

BYU goes to the "Jerry Dome" in Arlington to open the season against OU, an then hosts Florida State, in the first of a home and home this year. What is interesting is that starting in 2012, they start a home/home series with Boise State, and that series is scheduled for 4 years that I know of. It could be longer. Could this be the start of a new front against the BCS regarding the exclusion of being in the NC game?

Yeah a lot of bigger schools are now getting more pressure to play the, so called, mid majors on their turf these days. The same goes for college basketball. I was just reading an article on how sienna cant get anyone to come to town.

Bowden is a class act and im not surprised that he is taking his show to byu. He went to play Louis before they were in the big east and has never been scared to play anyone. The big schools obviously view those games as 'no win' situations, but its great for college football in general.

My hope is that the BCS is a bit closer to extinction than it was a year ago. Im not sure if I prefer an 8 or 16 team playoff, but any undefeated d-1 team deserves their shot at proving themsleves. Who knows what college football history would look like if we had a playoff system over the last 30 years. As great as it is now, I bet it would be even better.