My Big East Predictions

This is a conference that has seen better days. It will be competitive, if nothing else:

We will give the edge to Rutgers here. In order for Rutgers to have success, they must develop a running game, because they lose their great QB-WR combo. Fortunately, the OL comes back intact. The defense appears to be solid, especially on the corners of the DL and at LB. The most attractive thing about Rutgers is the schedule. They get Cincy, Pitt, USF and West Virginia all at home. That may be enough to get them to the top of an interesting, if not extremely talented conference.

West Virginia certainly would suprise no one if they came out on top. Jarrett Brown should be a decent replacement for Pat White at QB, though no one can really replace him. Devine leads a good group of RB's and the WR spot is set. The OL is the big problem here. On defense, they are solid at LB and should be good up front. The schedule is not the easiest one, going to USF, Cincy and Rutgers.

Pitt. What to do about this team. Perhaps the biggest unerachievers in the Big East. QB Stull returns, but Pitt is going to have to find some semblence of a passing attack to balance their offense. The OL is good. The defense figueres to be the mainstay on the team again. The DL is solid, and while the LB corp took a hit with graduation, the secondary will be better. For Pit to get over the top, they are going to have to open up their offense.

Cincinnati. Last years suprise winners have a solid offense returining, led by QB Pike and WR Gilyard. The RB's have breakaway speed, and the OL seems to be pretty solid. Defense is another story. The hope is that some players who saw extensive action last year can pick up the slack. The only starter returning is FS Webster. Also missing is the ability to sneak up on people, as they did last year. Opening at Rutgers and going to Oregon State two weeks later is the making of a 1-2 start. Cincy is a "maybe" at best.

USF. Another underachieveing team. Last year the offense went flat, and while QB Grothe returns, few others do. They lack experience and depth at RB and on the OL. On defense, DE Selvie leads an experienced DL, but help is needed in the back 7. Three soft non-con games (2 against FCS teams) help start the season, but then a trip to Florida State and reality set in. This team needs more to contend.

UConn. The Huskies go to a hurry up offense, minus an excellent QB and RB. A tough way to start a new offense, but the WR's and OL is in pretty good shape. The defense is solid at LB and the secondary, but needs help up front. The Non-con schedule is a killer, playing UNC at home and going to Baylor and Notre Dame. This is not the year for UConn, but things will be different next year.

Louisville. The Cards offense, solid at RB and Wr, is hampered by the fact that no one has a clue as to who may be the starting QB at this late date. Never good. The defense, which gave up nearly 30 points/game last year, returns 7, but is very thin in the secondary. Playing at Kentucky and Utah in games 2 and 3 is not the way to start the season. This team has to gell to get anywheres.

Syracuse. The offense shoud inprove with RB Carter healthy and WR Williams returning. Also returning is QB Dantley, and an OLthat has some experience. The defense returns enough starters to improve over last year. Syracuse will improve, but when you lose games by as many points as they did, it takes a lot of improvment just to get to .500, and Syracuse is not there yet.

mofome

Banned
Re: My Big East Predictions

Cuse picked up a couple coaches that I respect a lot personally. My uncle used to coach for cuse, he was the OC for the orangemen when they had Mcnabb and he was their QB coach when they had Marvin Graves. I would love to see them back on top of that league, but the recruiting has been abismal. I cant believe they got David Oku on campus for a visit last season.

The bigget job that Marrone has is to get Syracuse recruiting back on track. You can not expect a lot of improvment without getting good recruits. He'd better hurry. The 'Cuse starts a home/home series with USC in 2011.

mofome

Banned

Love looking in advance at the home and homes coming up. The Vols have Ohio state, Miami, NCST coming up and we get oregon next year. We're working with Oklahoma as well. It had been finalized but then something came up, i think they are trying to add a hoops home/home.