WWKD.....(what would Kobe do)

shdw01

EOG Dedicated
lets say the lakers can win the championship but all the critical shots for the next 2 games go to Gasol and Gasol ends up being MVP....

...would Kobe sacrifice the championship to be the only possible MVP on his team?

shdw01

EOG Dedicated
Re: WWKD.....(what would Kobe do)

lets say he goes into the wrong hotel room after game 3 and there happens to be a naked white girl bent over giving mixed signals...

....would Kobe go for it?

lets say the lakers can win the championship but all the critical shots for the next 2 games go to Gasol and Gasol ends up being MVP....

...would Kobe sacrifice the championship to be the only possible MVP on his team?
no. I think the only thing Kobe cares about is winning. I would never question his desire to win. That is the biggest part of his id.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

lets say Kobe is in a dark alley.....next thing he knows he is trapped and the only options it get beat the fuck down, or toss the salad of some big bald guy smiling (Shaq)....

.....Kobe, tell me how my.....

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

no. I think the only thing Kobe cares about is winning. I would never question his desire to win. That is the biggest part of his id.

Kobe having not won the MVP in the finals makes me think he REALLY wants it...more than the championship....he has 3 of those already

alkoholiks

EOG Veteran

Kobe having not won the MVP in the finals makes me think he REALLY wants it...more than the championship....he has 3 of those already

oh he definitely wants it, but championship > * anyday of the week.

lets say Kobe is in a dark alley.....next thing he knows he is trapped and the only options it get beat the fuck down, or toss the salad of some big bald guy smiling (Shaq)....

.....Kobe, tell me how my.....

thats a tough one. let me think about this one.
i'm leaning towards the salad right now.....

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

how much would it kill him if they win that championship and maybe strategy calls for Pau to get all the shots, FTs, etc......

I can already see a Mega-scowl if that finals MVP goes to someone like Gasol or Lamar Odom

how much would it kill him if they win that championship and maybe strategy calls for Pau to get all the shots, FTs, etc......

I can already see a Mega-scowl if that finals MVP goes to someone like Gasol or Lamar Odom
oh yea.. he definitely is an egomaniac.. but show me one past nba star that wasnt, or one past star in any sport that wasnt.. its a part of the dna..

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

This is a great post and i think that you will see that many NBAe players only care about THEMselves and not team goals.

Just think about this for a second. When you are an athlete who is involved in a team sport, you have to resign yourself to the fact that you may never win a title in your entire career. Athletes in team sports know that if they get their hopes up and count on other players to get them to glory, they are only going to be disappointed and thats why i feel that team-sport athletes only care about how they look personally in the public's eye. Some of them are great pretenders (like the song) but we know that all they care about is their own personal stats.

Look at A Rod for example. He's the highest paid player but has never won a ring. not winning a ring has nothing to do with how much you get paid, its all about your personal stats. This is why players swing with 3-1 counts all the time, they don't want to work that walk (team ball) they want to be able to put a good swing on a fat fastball (which is the pitch of choice for a pitcher in a 3-1 hole) and possibly raise that BA.