How many 80 million dollar mistakes can cashman make before people realize he is awful?

Wade

EOG Master
Re: How many 80 million dollar mistakes can cashman make before people realize he is awful?

I swear Cashman is blackmailing the Steinbrenners. Only way I can think of how he still has a job.

Re: How many 80 million dollar mistakes can cashman make before people realize he is awful?

texiera not too bad to have.
who are you referring to mo? aj?

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

I know. This guy is a disaster. The list is long and expensive. One big mistake that sticks out is turning down a chance to get Big Papi for peanuts, instead signing the $121,000,000 bust Giambi. Free agent busts Pavano and Jaret Wright. And who can forget the "Fat Toad" Hideki Irabu? Paying Clemens $28,000,000 prorated for half a season was just foolish.

rjt721

EOG Master

Don't forget about paying $45 million for Kei Igawa. That worked out well.

they also paid a ton for pavano, who is now healthy and pitching well for the tribe.

Wade

EOG Master

Cashman should run AIG.

mofome

Banned

texiera not too bad to have.
who are you referring to mo? aj?

oh what scouting to land teix. cashman doesnt do anything well.

aj
cc
jeter
arod
damon
brown
pavano
hansen
matsui
igawa

and so on. none have been worth what they make. he's a detriment.

mofome

Banned

Don't forget about paying $45 million for Kei Igawa. That worked out well.

You are well aware of the fact that I have not forgotten that. I mention it frequently. What an idiot this guy is.

:shoot:

rjt721

EOG Master

But what about signing Farnsworth? He was great. :LMAO

mofome

Banned

Ah, good old farns and the picking up of Jeff weavers contract.

Ah, good old farns and the picking up of Jeff weavers contract.
do you start this thread weekly? or bi-weekly?

you love fucking with yankee homers dont you? its like anger relief :LMAO:LMAO

mofome

Banned

do you start this thread weekly? or bi-weekly?

you love fucking with yankee homers dont you? its like anger relief

Angry? The yanks are great for a laugh, I love them for that reason. They are not a threat to do anything but break spending records. I wish them well.

Angry? The yanks are great for a laugh, I love them for that reason. They are not a threat to do anything but break spending records. I wish them well.
they are a definite threat. you know baseball well enough to admit that. i like how you dismiss them as if they suck though. its funny only bc i know you know better.

and dont act like you dont hate them.. you despise them, we all do. youre a fucking o's fan, it is your job to hate the yankees for fuck sakes.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

How is it Cashman's fault that Burnett fell off the map after being amazing?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

they also paid a ton for pavano, who is now healthy and pitching well for the tribe.

Its not Cash's fault that Pavano couldn't handle the pressure of NY. Same thing happened to Randy Johnson. Mr 300 game winner was a choker in NY, great everywhere else.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Cashman's job is very different then other GMs in baseball. His job is to get the top talent out there. People think Moneyball GM is soo great but how many championships has he wn the A's? Cashman's job is not to make/save money for the Yanks. They do that very well on their own with attendance and the YES network. His job is to put a team together that can win championships every single year. They are in the playoffs just about every single season except for last year. How can that be looked on as a bad thing?

Once he gets the top talent if they don't perform or get hurt how is that his fault? He still gets the top names which put butts in the seats. Yanks have the highest attendance in baseball. Even when they go on the road attendance picks up at every single stadium when the Yanks are in town. They lead the league in selling merchandise. Cashman's job is not to perform or win championhips. His job is to put together a team that has the ability to win championships. Once he does his job it is up to the players. Cashman would not be doing his job if "on paper" the yanks didn't have the most talent. But they do. Now it is on the Girardi and the players to get it done.

Must suck to have soo much hate for the Yanks considering their success.

tripp

EOG Master

Yanks have the most talented roster in baseball, Cashmen did just fine.

Does it take someone with any sort of knowledge at all to do what he does? Absolutely not, but I don't give a shit how much they pay everyone. I would have been estatic if they went out and signed Manny Ramirez also.

Not my money, so I love when the Yanks spend. If they don't pan out, who cares. Just sign someone new.

They will be there in October playing the Sox in the ALCS. That's when the argument will get resolved on who has the better team this year.

26 World Series' for the Yankees. How much do the O's and Sox have COMBINED?:pop:

after the last 3 posts, im in utter shock mo hasnt been back for more...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]08.27.2009 [SIZE=+2]Gangsta [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]When the New York Mets and Red Sox worked out a trade for left-handed reliever Billy Wagner earlier this week, Chris Carter, an outfielder-first baseman currently playing for Triple-A Pawtucket, became part of the deal as a player to be named headed to Boston, sources said. In preparation for the deal, the Red Sox placed Carter on waivers, with the intention of moving him on to the Mets.

But the Yankees, sources said, placed a claim on Carter -- perhaps to create some 40-man roster discomfort for the Red Sox. In order to complete the Wagner trade, the Red Sox are now pulling Carter back from waivers, and for the rest of the year they must carry him on their 40-man roster.
(Source)[/SIZE]
[/FONT]

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

After being amazing?

You're joking right?

I think that's a mistake, i didn't mean Burnett. I might have meant to say Pavano? At any rate, my point was that its not the GM's fault if a very good player just forgets how to play overnight while wearing the pinstripes.

you have to find the guys who can coup with the pressure...it's not easy...

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Hey it was well understood in Toronto that AJ Burnett ONLY plays well in a contract year. He SUCKS otherwise. I had no doubt that he would "forget how to play" once he put on the pinstripes. A GM does his job when he understands that players and what motivates them. Burnett may be too old by the time he gets to his next last contract year to be of any use.

Hey it was well understood in Toronto that AJ Burnett ONLY plays well in a contract year. He SUCKS otherwise. I had no doubt that he would "forget how to play" once he put on the pinstripes. A GM does his job when he understands that players and what motivates them. Burnett may be too old by the time he gets to his next last contract year to be of any use.

plus all his teammates think he is a big dick!!!

Chemistry makes the team go....not the cash...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

He didn't forget how to play, he's just not pitching every game like its the 7th game of the WS. Burnett will be much improved in the most important games, right now the Yanks are bored, they are so much better than their competition its hard to get fired up every day, esp in the dog days of august.

He didn't forget how to play, he's just not pitching every game like its the 7th game of the WS. Burnett will be much improved in the most important games, right now the Yanks are bored, they are so much better than their competition its hard to get fired up every day, esp in the dog days of august.

THAT SHIT MIGHT FLY IN SOFTBALL....BUT IN THE MLB...EVERY PITCH WANTS TO WIN EVERY GAME....ROYALS OR RED SOX....DOESN'T MATTER..:doh1

KID YOUR SUCH A DORK.....:+textinb3

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

THAT SHIT MIGHT FLY IN SOFTBALL....BUT IN THE MLB...EVERY PITCH WANTS TO WIN EVERY GAME....ROYALS OR RED SOX....DOESN'T MATTER..:doh1

KID YOUR SUCH A DORK.....:+textinb3

WANTING to win every game is totally different than doing whatever it takes TO win every game. Pitchers have to put extra mustard on every pitch to win games. These guys are smart, they aren't going to throw every inning of every game like its the 9th inning of Game 7, the smart ones are just not going to do that.

WANTING to win every game is totally different than doing whatever it takes TO win every game. Pitchers have to put extra mustard on every pitch to win games. These guys are smart, they aren't going to throw every inning of every game like its the 9th inning of Game 7, the smart ones are just not going to do that.

BULLSHIT....a guy like Burnett hates to see that big fucking L attached to his name at any point in the season...face it....he is just OSCAR right now...blaming Jorge or anyone else for serving MEAT!!

And one more thing...what would that stiff know about pitching in a game 7!!!!!!!:finger004

Well, also, they are destroying baseball. . .Just sayin. . .

When you have whatever gift it takes to make it to that level, you want to win every fuckin thing you compete in. . .Just sayin. . .

Evil Ones won, as they should have. Phi had no fuckin bullpen, and didn't deserve to be there. Dodgers fucked up. . .