The best Baseball picture ever.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: The best Baseball picture ever.

Pic #1 shows even though he didn't slide he was SAFE ANYWAY

CSUF's Jeremy Giambi on this play - maybe the steroids kept him from sliding here

A few years back I had an "in" to get Canseco to sign a picture showing the ball bouncing off his head. I search for about a week to find the copyright owner so I could purchase a clean copy suitable for framing. I never could find the owner, the Cleveland paper said AP (or UPI, I forget now) owned it, and I never received a response to my inquiry from AP (or UPI). I think it's one of the best baseball pictures ever.
The picture is a real-life demonstration that something out of the ordinary or never-before-happened will occur in every game. I don't care if it's a September game between the Royals and the Mariners, every baseball game is a unique jewel worth watching where you will see something you've never seen before. . .

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

A few years back I had an "in" to get Canseco to sign a picture showing the ball bouncing off his head. I search for about a week to find the copyright owner so I could purchase a clean copy suitable for framing. I never could find the owner, the Cleveland paper said AP (or UPI, I forget now) owned it, and I never received a response to my inquiry from AP (or UPI). I think it's one of the best baseball pictures ever.
The picture is a real-life demonstration that something out of the ordinary or never-before-happened will occur in every game. I don't care if it's a September game between the Royals and the Mariners, every baseball game is a unique jewel worth watching where you will see something you've never seen before. . .

tripp

EOG Master

first pic is the greatest baseball play ive ever seen.

jeter is a fucking icon. nobody else makes that play. still get goosebumps when thinking about that play..what a game that was.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

How about Joe Carter hitting a World Series winning home run off Mitch Williams (pictured here) as a Canadian team wins the World Series!

Or how about Dave Henderson hitting in the ALCS the HR against the Angels' Donnie Moore:

Both Williams and Moore never recovered from these devastating HRs.

texansfan

EOG Master

first pic is the greatest baseball play ive ever seen.

jeter is a fucking icon. nobody else makes that play. still get goosebumps when thinking about that play..what a game that was.

Too bad they got the call wrong, he was safe.

snowtime

EOG Enthusiast

after his 3,000th hit then few months later he was killed in a plane crash doing his humanitarian aid effort.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

anybody got one from 91, with Sid Bream sliding across home, with the winning run, that sent the braves to the world series..

that play and season, meant alot to me and my dad (RIP)..

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

thanks snow, we were out of our seats on that one..

SSI