• Pens +155

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Wings -1.5 +175

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
you have just over 48 hours to think about it before Friday's G7

didn't list Pitt on the Puck Line because taking +1.5 and laying that wood is stupid and not something anyone should admit to anyway. so what's your pick for G7?

choslamshe

EOG Master
Re: GAME 7 - Who Ya Got

I think the home team trend continues for Game 7 again. Pittsburgh has to fight for 60 minutes to win at home...Detroit has their games (or last one anyway) locked up very early into the game.

It wouldn't suprise me to see another Red Wing route...

Prediction: 4-1 Wings...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I agree and am looking at Wings -1.5 but I do have Wings -140 for the series

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

OFFICIALS FOR GAME 7

The referees for Game 7 are Paul Devorski (#10) and Bill McCreary (#7). The linesmen are Jean Morin (#97) and Pierre Racicot (#65).
HOME CLUBS 6-0 IN STANLEY CUP FINAL

Home clubs are 6-0 in the Stanley Cup Final for the fifth time since the best-of-seven format began in 1939. The home club went on to win Game 7 on three of the four previous occasions (Detroit Red Wings in 1955, Montreal Canadiens in 1965 and New Jersey Devils in 2003).
The only club to win Game 7 on the road in the Stanley Cup Final after the home team won the first six games was the 1971 Montreal Canadiens, who defeated the Chicago Blackhawks.
Most Home Victories, Both Teams, Stanley Cup Final

<TABLE width=600><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=50>7</TD><TD>New Jersey Devils (four), Anaheim Ducks (three), in 2003.
Montreal Canadiens (four), Chicago Blackhawks (three), in 1965.
Detroit Red Wings (four), Montreal Canadiens (three), in 1955.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=50>6</TD><TD>Detroit Red Wings (three), Pittsburgh Penguins (three), in 2009 (through Gm 6)
Montreal Canadiens (three), Chicago Blackhawks (three), in 1971.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Game 7 facts repeated from main forum:

38 Years since a road team won Game 7 of the Finals
4-0 Penguins' all-time record in playoff Games 7 on the road
11-4 Red Wings' all-time record in playoff Games 7 at home
62.5 Percentage of home teams to win Game 7 since the NHL introduced the best-of-seven format in 1939
3 Consecutive playoff Game 7 home wins by the Red Wings
8 Repeat Stanley Cup winners since 1968
1998 Year of the last repeat champion (Detroit)
13 Rookie head coaches who have won the Cup
1 Loss by Red Wings this postseason when scoring first
22-0 Combined record of Penguins and Red Wings this postseason when leading after two periods
15 Times the Cup has been won on an overtime goal
Wings 11-1 at home during the 2009 playoffs

Holding my nose until right before face off to extract all the value out of The Kid.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Wings ONLY home playoff loss was a 3OT one in G2 vs the Ducks with Todd Marchant getting the winner