Tim Tebow right now is the best college player ever.

No player has ever been so valuable to a team; so much of a leader; leading a team at qb running, passing, etc.

Tim Tebow is definitely the best college football player to ever live. He doesn't even need to play another year to have this distinction.

2 championships
1 heisman (should be 2)

LOL

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Tim Tebow right now is the best college player ever.

If nothing else this thread will be alive a month from now ....

The "Greatest" ever in any sport is always good for "lively" debate

tripp

EOG Master

should be two heisman? when should this second of happened? if he wasn't such a popular player and didn't win last year he wouldn't of even been in the conversation from this year. Bradford deserved it over anyone by far, and he rightfully won it. He is the better QB, not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

Not the best ever IMO. The first championship he didn't even start so lets be real here. Chris Leak was player of the game if I remember right? So really Tebow led his team to ONE championship, and he had the help of a great performance by Harvin, and the real reason the Gators won..their DEFENSE.

Vince Young was more valuable to his team. People just like Tebow better because he's a good, wholesome, religious guy that is a fantasic person, and not some dumb shithead like Vince Young. Reggie Bush dominated. I could easily argue he was a better college player. You could argue at least 20 guys were better than Tebow.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

anyone see Tebow having an interesting "challenge" at the next level?

Tebow won't play at the next level unless he can show he can throw the ball accurately on longer than 15 yard routes. There is a reason that most of UF's passing yards are YAC.

tripp

EOG Master

anyone see Tebow having an interesting "challenge" at the next level?

i think if everyone eligible to enter the draft this year did, including tebow, he's be about the 6th or 7th QB taken. Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, McCoy Harrell would all be for sure ahead of him, at least I think they should be, and then there's probably a guy in div-1 AA or div-2 that will be ahead of him. Possibly Rhett Bomar, kid of like Joe Flacco getting drafted early from Delaware.

He is just not a prototype QB and NFL GM's don't like that. He accomplished WAY more than Stafford at the college level, but I doubt any GM in the NFL would have Tebow over Stafford on their draft board. They want guys with size, tools, and potential, not college legends.

I compared Tebow to Curry in another thread saying how both are pretty much gods on campus in college, but neither would amount to much in the pros, but I think an even better comparison in Hansbrough. Both are guys that work their asses off, do nothing but put up numbers in the college game, but neither are suited for the NFL. He will not outrun DE's and LB's in the NFL, he's not the greatest passer, and he is not running over anybody in the NFL trying to be FB.

I would love for Tim Tebow to try to run over Ray Lewis or Merriman. He would get steamrolled. Just put him out against USC and see how he does because they have NFL talent everywhere on defense. Magulaga (spelling is likely way off) would crush Tebow.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Tripp: I forgot about Curry ...

Curry was USA TODAY National Player of the year: BOTH football and basketball

Ya ever seen video clips of Iverson playing qb in high school?

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

He is the most overrated college player of all time. He has so much talent around him and is a product of Meyer's system. Does the name Alex Smith ring a bell? Tebow is very good at running the football. He is average at best throwing the ball. Percy Harvin is the best player on Florida. It's hard to be the best player ever when you aren't the best player on your own team.

Also, Chris Leak was the QB of the team two years ago.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

He is not the best ever. I love these knee jerk reaction comments. Next he'll tell us the Meyer is the greatest coach to ever live at any level.

Wilson

EOG Dedicated

Not the best ever, not even the best in last nights game...

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

i think if everyone eligible to enter the draft this year did, including tebow, he's be about the 6th or 7th QB taken. Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, McCoy Harrell would all be for sure ahead of him, at least I think they should be, and then there's probably a guy in div-1 AA or div-2 that will be ahead of him. Possibly Rhett Bomar, kid of like Joe Flacco getting drafted early from Delaware.

He is just not a prototype QB and NFL GM's don't like that. He accomplished WAY more than Stafford at the college level, but I doubt any GM in the NFL would have Tebow over Stafford on their draft board. They want guys with size, tools, and potential, not college legends.

I compared Tebow to Curry in another thread saying how both are pretty much gods on campus in college, but neither would amount to much in the pros, but I think an even better comparison in Hansbrough. Both are guys that work their asses off, do nothing but put up numbers in the college game, but neither are suited for the NFL. He will not outrun DE's and LB's in the NFL, he's not the greatest passer, and he is not running over anybody in the NFL trying to be FB.

I would love for Tim Tebow to try to run over Ray Lewis or Merriman. He would get steamrolled. Just put him out against USC and see how he does because they have NFL talent everywhere on defense. Magulaga (spelling is likely way off) would crush Tebow.
I think he would work well in the new wildcat formation we are seeing.

Wilson

EOG Dedicated

With the lack of talent at the QB position in the NFL he will be a good QB. Smart guy with alot of athletic ability.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Tebow will look great in a Bears Uniform carrying on the "Gator Tradition"

I am stumped... Spurrier had a banner NFL career and Grossman might be
the next Gus Ferrotte who sticks around for 20 yrs

Has there been a Gator QB in the NFL that was worth a shit?

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

With the lack of talent at the QB position in the NFL he will be a good QB. Smart guy with alot of athletic ability.

Not a chance. He cannot through the deep out at all. He tried once last night and it got picked. The NFL D backs would eat him alive. He does not have the arm strength to play QB in the NFL.

My guess is he becomes a top backup in the NFL. No shame there.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

hard to argue..what a talent and person

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I didnt mention the NFL KR. :thumbsup

If you are gonna show a RB fom the past, shaw a real one. :devil:

ROFLMAO!

Well, I know it had nothing to do with the NFL, but I just wanted to throw it out there that I think he'll be a bust.

:cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Barry Sanders
H. Walker
Archie Griffen
OJ Simpson
Gayle Sayers

Just off the top of my head better than Tebow...I can name 10 more with a little more time...

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Yes, Barry Sanders was fantastic. O.J. Simpson is another great pick, too. Solid post, Viejo.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Why do people think Tebow will be an NFL bust. Seems like the guy plays with fire and brimstone, he seems to 'want it more' than the next guy.