Right now...Do you think Florida can beat the Detroit Lions?

OSU COWBOYS

EOG Dedicated
Re: Right now...Do you think Florida can beat the Detroit Lions?

Fla wouldn't score.

Detroit would average 12-15 yards per play.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I hope this is a joke...

Let's do a quick break down.

1. Calvin Johnson was the best receiver in college when he played, and now he's one of the best in the NFL. No 2 players on Florida could cover him.

2. Matt Stafford was one of the three best QB's in college last year, and now he's in the NFL and a year better.

3. Kevin Smith ran all over everyone in college and now he has an NFL line blocking for him.

I hope this is a joke. The Lions have the best players from college at every position.

Integrity

EOG Master

THE BEST college team WILL NEVER beat the worst NFL team..

That you can count on...

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I'd take Detroit at up to -34.5

Florida will be lucky if 5-6 guys play in the NFL.

2-3 might become long term starters.

Give me a break

WVU

EOG Master

Forida would score, but it would still be ugly.

Lions 45
Gators 10

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The BEST college team won't be within 30 points of the worst Pro team.

USC had a better chance than Florida last year. At least they had bonafide NFL defensive players at almost every position.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Forida would score, but it would still be ugly.

Lions 45
Gators 10

No chance Florida scores a TD. How are they going to score a TD? I can assure you that Tebow won't throw for one. You think Florida is fast? Florida would be slow compared to an NFL team.

Florida wouldn't score a TD. Florida runs a spread/option offense. That would NEVER work in the NFL. You'd have a better chance with USC because of the system they run.

tripp

EOG Master

lions could pretty much name the score. tebow would be a joke vs a NFL defense. the FLA offense would do nothing all game and would need a TO or a fluke big play to even score.

Lions could score almost every possession. who on fla can cover Calvin Johnson? They wouldn't be able to cover calvin 1 on 1 when he was 15, let alone now. Arguably the best WR in the NFL, and Stafford is 10x the NFL prospect Tebow is. As for running, Detroit has the superior RB and superior OL.

Tough to find a spot on the field where Detroit isn't insanely better than Florida.

If detriot pushed all game to win by as much as possible I'd say...

Detrpot 52
Florida 3

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i could somehow see the Gators scoring a TD on some fluke play

we got thru this every year - and LAST year's Lions would beat last year's Gators team something along the lines of 45-7 as well

Tebow will find out very fast what he can do in CFB he can't do in the NFL and i honestly don't think he would survive past 1Q

Lions - and it wouldn't be close

i actually think the Bucs are a WORSE team than the Lions but all i said stands for them - Bucs would beat the Gators by around 40 or more

WVU

EOG Master

No chance Florida scores a TD. How are they going to score a TD? I can assure you that Tebow won't throw for one. You think Florida is fast? Florida would be slow compared to an NFL team.

Florida wouldn't score a TD. Florida runs a spread/option offense. That would NEVER work in the NFL. You'd have a better chance with USC because of the system they run.

kinda silly arguing hypotheticals isn't it? :+clueless

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

no college team will ever defeat a pro team.

High Times

EOG Master

no college team will ever defeat a pro team.

It already happened. college all-stars vs. Super bowl winner in 1963, 1958, 1955 and 5 or 6 times before that.

Points that are wrong

Florida has 11 future NFL players starting on defense alone.

Put Stafford on Florida and they are not the best team in college anymore, but oh yea he is better than Tebow. I just love this talk about all these QB's who are better than Tebow yet if anyone of them played for Florida, Florida would not be near as good as they are with Tebow. But oh yea Tebow sucks.

Put Jason Campbell on Florida and they might lose 2 or 3 games. Same with Russell, Garrard, and so on. Even Romo would make Florida a worse team.

Florida could not beat Detroit, but it would be a lot closer than what ya think.

24-10 final

Detroit would not score at will on this Florida team.

Good stuff.

High Times

EOG Master

Oh yea, I forgot!

When they sign their NFL contracts they become faster instantly.

So a college player that runs a 4.4 in the 40 is slower than an NFL player that runs a 4.4 in the 40?

That is something I didn't know.

:cocktail

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

No, but you don't cut it in the NFL running a 4.5. Mike Williams was a monster in college, but wasn't fast enough for the NFL. Those qbs run NFL systems, not some fluke spread option. If you put tebow at qb, right now, in the NFL for the lions/jags/ or cowboys they'd all struggle to win one game
this year. If you think tebow is a better qb than Tony romo than you're higher than a kite.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Florida has 11 NFL starters on defense? Now that's hilarious.

High Times

EOG Master

Florida has 11 NFL starters on defense? Now that's hilarious.

That's coming from everyones hero Mel Kipper! Not me, but I do think he is right on this 1. Florida's defense is awesome and the reason they will win the Championship game again this year.

:pop:

It already happened. college all-stars vs. Super bowl winner in 1963, 1958, 1955 and 5 or 6 times before that.

Points that are wrong

Florida has 11 future NFL players starting on defense alone.

Put Stafford on Florida and they are not the best team in college anymore, but oh yea he is better than Tebow. I just love this talk about all these QB's who are better than Tebow yet if anyone of them played for Florida, Florida would not be near as good as they are with Tebow. But oh yea Tebow sucks.

Put Jason Campbell on Florida and they might lose 2 or 3 games. Same with Russell, Garrard, and so on. Even Romo would make Florida a worse team.

Florida could not beat Detroit, but it would be a lot closer than what ya think.

24-10 final

Detroit would not score at will on this Florida team.

Good stuff.

that was almost 50 years ago...a lot has changed since then

i dont care if florida has 23235 future NFL defensive players...being projected in the NFL doesnt make you a good nfl player let alone one that makes it in the league

putting any seasoned vet (campbell, garrard, romo) back down to the college level is almost like putting a 4 year college starter back under center at his high school

no college team would beat the lions...today's NFL experience (tuning technique, tuning playing size, tuning to the adjustment in game speed, evolving instincts and game knowledge, the overall time learning, playing, and executing the game, etc etc ETC) puts college players leaps and bounds past their talents at the collegiate level (the guys that succeed in the NFL and even those that start for the most part)

High Times

EOG Master

that was almost 50 years ago...a lot has changed since then

i dont care if florida has 23235 future NFL defensive players...being projected in the NFL doesnt make you a good nfl player let alone one that makes it in the league

putting any seasoned vet (campbell, garrard, romo) back down to the college level is almost like putting a 4 year college starter back under center at his high school

no college team would beat the lions...today's NFL experience (tuning technique, tuning playing size, tuning to the adjustment in game speed, evolving instincts and game knowledge, the overall time learning, playing, and executing the game, etc etc ETC) puts college players leaps and bounds past their talents at the collegiate level (the guys that succeed in the NFL and even those that start for the most part)

I agree with you

except I just think it would be a lot closer than you all think

:thumbsup

After all Adrian Peterson looked great in college, but loks like superman in the NFL. Why? I think the difference isn't that great as most make it out to be.

If there is all this speed you all talk about then why is Adrian Peterson so much better in the NFL than college?

High Times

EOG Master

And dude

Tony Romo is horrible

He has no clue as to what is going on and throws way too many bad passes. He is close to losing his starting job unless he turns it around soon. Jerry Jones will not put up with losing! Jerry Jones is no Daniel Snyder and isn't about to waste his NFL team on a BOZO QB.

Tony Dorsett is 100% right about Romo.

I agree with you

except I just think it would be a lot closer than you all think

:thumbsup

After all Adrian Peterson looked great in college, but loks like superman in the NFL. Why? I think the difference isn't that great as most make it out to be.

If there is all this speed you all talk about then why is Adrian Peterson so much better in the NFL than college?

its not the speed at the flashy players...of course most of those guys are gonna be a step faster due to technique, work out regiment, and overall talent...but the game itself is just played faster...EVERYBODY on the field is faster...4.6 40 dbs are now 4.3-4.4 across the board...4.7 40 lbs are now 4.4-4.6 across the board...4.9 40 dlinement are now 4.7-4.9 across the board...

yes there are players in college that have nfl speed but they just arent as good...a smart 4.3 football player is soooooo much faster than a dumb 4.2 football player all b/c of instincts, talent, and overall awareness of the game IMO

AD is a freak in the NFL b/c he is running behind arguably the best run oline in the league aaaand those talents progressed from college to pro...

of course there are going to be those talented players (like peterson) who just dominate college and pros...but they are once in a blue moon...these types of players are just freaks and we leave it at that...

And dude

Tony Romo is horrible

He has no clue as to what is going on and throws way too many bad passes. He is close to losing his starting job unless he turns it around soon. Jerry Jones will not put up with losing! Jerry Jones is no Daniel Snyder and isn't about to waste his NFL team on a BOZO QB.

Tony Dorsett is 100% right about Romo.

he is just an extremely inconsistent player...one day he throws 300 yards and 3 tds...next day he throws 150 and 4 picks...he may be bad...but i still think he is light years ahead of 99% of the college qbs out there

railbird

EOG Master

waaaaaay closer than you folks think. This year nfl might win, but some of USC teams few yrs ago could have beat nfl bottom dwellers.

NFL aint that good. If other countrys start playing American football they blow right by us like in other sports.

Basketball European Union is much better than American Union.

Same goes for golf and tennis.

America sucks at sports.

America got the living piss beat out of them in baseball wbc every year.

People think Peyton Manning is our best qb. He is a fukkin loser, just like USA is a LOSER.

waaaaaay closer than you folks think. This year nfl might win, but some of USC teams few yrs ago could have beat nfl bottom dwellers.

NFL aint that good. If other countrys start playing American football they blow right by us like in other sports.

America sucks at sports.

People think Peyton Manning is our best qb. He is a fukkin loser, just like USA is a LOSER.

Point Given

EOG Veteran

America sucks at sports.

High Times

EOG Master

If a small college like Appalachian State (w/ ZERO NFL prospects) can Beat a top college program like Michigan (w/ MANY NFL prospects)

Then a top college just might be able to beat the worst NFL team in any given year.

After all Detroit has a college QB right now so they don't have an advantage at the most important position. The Detroit defense has a lot of average college players who have advanced to the NFL, but really are not that special.

To say that the lions would kill them (or) get 12 yards every play is absurb!

But's that's why I like this place. People make completely absurb statements and believe them.

This place is great for that

:+textinb3

railbird

EOG Master

They above photo of monkeys did not beat THE EUROPEAN UNION. They bit small countrys. See what would happen if you took the Northwest region of the USA and have them play the European All stars.

Again USA basketball is a fukkin joke.