gynecologist College Football thread for week 12 (YTD: 53-45 +1.12 Units) First 4 unit play of the season...

ballwonder

EOG Master
Re: gynecologist College Football thread for week 12 (YTD: 53-45 +1.12 Units) First 4 unit play of the season...

Removed some of Wally's latest posts. Never had a problem with gyno's playsd or what he plays that is his buisness. If you want to question it or badger him please start a thread in the asylum. It appears not only does gyno not want you posting in his thread nor does some other posters with the negativity. Please refrain as I ask you the last time.

Apple

Banned
Re: gynecologist College Football thread for week 12 (YTD: 53-45 +1.12 Units) First 4 unit play of the season...

Finally.. Thanks ballwonder

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Apple

Banned

1* ML PARLAY (-142)
RUTGERS
ARKY
MIAMI

Can't see any of these losing..

Apple

Banned

3.5* Arkansas -11 -107

Quick story, pags and I usually talk on Sunday afternoon about the games but this past Sunday I had a fam reunion to go to and didnt start looking at the card til that night.. When I first looked at the lines the first game that stood out to me was ARKY.. I texted pags and asked him who he likes and he texted me back that he loved ARKY and UCONN.. I was pumped after hearing that.. We both loved this play w/o even tlking to eACH OTHER FIRST..

First let me mention why pags has this as his play of the season too..

pags WRITEUP:

My thoughts on Arkansas this week...as you are probably aware I rarely play favorites, let alone double digit SEC favorites but I like Arkansas considerably this week...I understand what you are saying about MSU's body of work this season but I am paying closer attention to what these teams have done the past month as I see two teams headed in opposite directions...MSU has played competitively all year but the last couple of weeks I have seen them start to get worn down...possibly this is due to the fact that Mullen did his best on the recruiting front but between the injuires they have sustained and the limited class he was able to bring in it makes it harder now for his team to stay in games for the full four quaters...Arkansas is a team that I see trending upward...what I mean by that is that Petrino has worked hard with his recruiting classes the past two seasons and it is now paying off with all of the playmakers he has surrounded Mallet with...what's particulary impressive about their run defense is the competition level they have faced and how well they've performed in those games...I've noticed that MSU's starting kicker is questionable for this game and the back-up has only attempted one FG over 40 yards this entire season...this leads me to believe that MSU will have to get to the Arkansas 20 to be within scoring range...this may be difficult to do on a regular basis in this game because MSU's offense is more of a plodding, grinding offense (QBs have thrown a total of seven TD's this season, compared to 17 INTs)...I see Arkansas being able to create some big plays with their offense...between the way Mallet is throwing the ball and the four good running backs Arkansas brings into this game their tremendous balance on offense will make it difficult for MSU to defend all of the weapons Arkansas has on the field at one time...it is my belief that at this point of the season the oddsmakers do not make mistakes...most people would look at this game and see two teams at the bottom of the SEC west standings and one team is laying double digits to the other and maybe scratch their heads...I'm a huge value guy but I can tell you that this line doesn't represent value, the line is spot on at 10.5...I think it should also be pointed out that when Mullen took the job he put an particular importance of his team playing well in the Egg Bowl...well, MSU has Ole Miss at home next week and although I'm sure they want to be competitive against Arkansas I do see this game being sandwiched between Arkansas and Ole Miss which leads me to believe this may be a bad spot for MSU (whereas Arkansas is playing their fourth "home" game in a row and I consider them to be in a good spot coming into this game)...lastly, and maybe most importantly, we have one of the most spread conscious head coaches in the country in Bobby Petrino coaching in this game...he has his team at six victories which doesn't guarantee him a bowl (especially with all of the other SEC teams who have six victories right now)...he wants to have his team heading in the right direction going into the 2010 season and with no guarantees that they get a victory at LSU next week I'm certain he wants to take care of business this weekend...if for some reason Arkansas doesn't play particularly well but is up a TD with 5:00 left, you can rest assured that Petrino will be very agressive with his playcalling to score another TD (although I see them being up by more than a TD in the fourth quarter)...I will go on record to say that I like this play as much or more than any play I've made this year...

thanks for letting me express my thoughts...

Apple

Banned

Well its hard to top that and I'm not even gonna try.. I will give my basic reasoning for LOVING ARKY this week..

ARKY has one of the best passing attack in the nation, very good QB with nothing but athletic playmakers surrounding him. MSU secondary has had personel changes numerous times this season and problems in the secondary is the last thing you need against ARKY's vaunted passing attack..

ARKY's sole weakness is their passing defense and MSU won't be able to expose it. MSU QB has 4 TDs and 13 INTs he sucks.. ARKY can stop the run and MSU won't be able to move the ball that well IMO.. Plus they are having issues with their kicker so we might see them going for it on 4th down and 6 when they wouldn't normally. Plus their punter only averages 33 yard a kick and that spells disaster for them if they are going to give ARKY short fields.

ARKY needs this win to secure a bowl, with LSU next week they need this one BAAAD!

But the #1 reason I like ARKY is the fact we have two teams going in different directions.

ARKY has defeated their opponets 151-63 last 3 games, and before that barely loss to FLORIDA, played a very good Ole Miss team good on the road, and killed Auburn. This team is playing great football right now. Mississppi has lost 5 of their last 7 and those two wins were against Middle Tenn St and a life or death victory against UK.

The other two teams they beat this season were Jackson St and offensively hopeless Vandy. They have yet to beat a good team all season.

Apple

Banned

This is where they are playing..

ballerhanz

EOG Veteran

Followed you on Arkansas. I love the play. Let's cash man

Gyno... I for one do not go a single week without checking in on your plays.

I respect your picks, opinions, & thoughts, as well as what Pags plays are.

No need to let anyone ruffle your tailfeathers pards. There is only one person you have to be true to and that is yourself, unless your married... but that is another story for another time.

Someone always has something to say about something, however true or false it may be... just remember Noobs signature.... "opinions are like assholes, we all have them and they all stink."

You keep doin your thing and those that know and respect you will be here.

Good luck this week.

Timetopay

EOG Master

His past records he post up above are all bull. He won in the past by grading plays like this:

texas -12
texas -11.5 -120
texas -11

this would be 3 wins if it won one loser though if it lost. complete crap! Don't trust him, he has lost 7 of 10 weeks this year that is all the proof you need to see how misleading his record keeping is.

Gyno always keeps good money management from what i have seen but havent watched closely enough.

The above example would be wrong but if he did it all you would have to do is link a thread to prove it. If you have no proof and making shit up take a hike.

2nd though .25 units to 4 units is a huge jump but i wouldnt call that chasing more like frustration of not being up more and taking a shot.

If Gynos normal play is a unit though I dont see a huge jump there either

Apple

Banned

0.6* MIAMI -18.5 -105

nevadaside

EOG Senior Member

GL this week man........especially with the 4* play!

With you & pags on ARKY,

GO RAZORBACKS..............:party

nevadaside

EOG Senior Member

BTW.........you looked at that AF/BYU at all? I wanted to play BYU in a ML Parlay, but not enough evidence to warrant it........actually think AF "could" win, & am strongly thinking AF+10.

Any thoughts on this one.........if not no big, just thought I'd tap your NCAAF frontal lobe.

Apple

Banned

I spoke about this game in GR8's thread.. I dont like the game at all.. GL man

Apple

Banned

1*ML PARLAY (-117)
ARKY
Ole Miss

Apple

Banned

0.75* Boston College -3 (-120)

Apple

Banned

0.75* ARIZ ST +4.5 (+103)

Apple

Banned

3.5* Arkansas -11 -107

1*ML PARLAY (-117)
ARKY

Ole Miss

1* ML PARLAY (-142)

RUTGERS
ARKY
MIAMI

1* TEASER (+100)
OREGON PK

STANFORD -1

0.75* Boston College -3 (-120)

0.75* ARIZ ST +4.5 (+103)

0.6* MIAMI -18.5 -105

7 plays..

Just Luck

EOG Dedicated

Good Luck this week Gyno a lot of people I respect think the Razorbacks win big this week. So lets cash this week.:cheers

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

bump

GYNO!!!! Need your help please. You posted in my thread about my lean for Kansas +27 this week, just like I was.... I am afraid the outward appearance was much better looking than what was on the inside. I hate to clog your thread, but not sure if you would venture back into mine. Please let me know what you think of this game based on the info I posted in my thread and copied below for you. Thanks for your insight.

Re: G8RMAN - WEEK # 12

<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by gynecologist
I'm really leaning Kansas +27.. Reesing and 27 points always looks enticing.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Gyno... I am just like you it certainly looked enticing on the "cover", but once I opened the book a little, I am seriously concerned and looking for advice. Based on what I read in the book, this may no longer be a lean for Kansas & I am actually considering leaning in the complete opposite.

Kansas has lost 5 straight games, while Texas has started to roll after the Oklahoma game winning their last 4 games by avg of 31.5 pts.

Reesing has been only average in those 5 losses, going 118-210, 56%, 1,283 yds, 5 TDs, & 5 Ints. Reesing ranks 8th in the Big 12 in pass effeciency & 7th in total offense.

McCoy has been solid in last 4 blowout wins, going 98-128, 77%, 1,091 yds, 8 TDs, & 2 Ints. McCoy ranks 1st in the Big 12 in pass effeciency & 4th in total offense.

They have played 4 common opponents with Texas winning them all and Kansas going 1-3.

Texas.....opp......Kansas
64-7..... UTEP ... 34-7
38-14...Colorado. 30-34
34-24..Tex Tech. 21-42
16-13..Oklahoma. 13-35

All this with the fact that Texas ranks #1 in total defense, #22 pass def, #5 pass eff. def, #1 rush def, and #7 scoring def (12.6 ppg), and #1 in yards allowed. Texas also ranks in the top 25 of all offensive categories, with the exception of rushing (#55), including #2 in scoring (41.6 ppg).

Meanwhile, Kansas is good in passing offense #9, but only #48 in pass effeciency, and #44 in scoring (29.4 ppg). The main concern is the Jayhawk defense and can they stop the Longhorns?!? The Jayhawk defense is just average, their highest ranking is against the run #42. Kansas is #69 vs the pass, #51 in defense pass efficiency, & #65 in scoring defense (24.9 ppg), & #53 in yards allowed (351.4 ypg).

Add all this up, coupled with the fact that this is SENIOR DAY for the Longhorns, and only have a weak Texas A&M team on Thanksgiving Day before the Big 12 Championship... I am not sure that Reesing & Kansas can stay within 4 TDs against a red hot McCoy and their defense.

Leaning strongly to a NO play or complete switch to Texas, but looking for some big time opinions from you guys on this one.

PLEASE HELP.......:+clueless

Texas KICKS THE CRAP out of Kansas. Colt's last chance to make a big impression on Heisman voters and NO WAY the KU kinds come to play because they HATE The Fat Man and want him gone so they will roll over and die - and get KILLED! Texass by at least 35 and maybe more

hustle

EOG Enthusiast

just posted my plays and just noticed that i am on the other side of the ucla/az st. game. awh don't like being opposite of you. GL to you this week.

smoke1399

EOG Senior Member

Hey Gyno...

just wanted to get a few thoughts out after reading your thread, which is part of my weekly routine in prepping for saturday action. I've been reading select threads all season, figured it was about time i speak up. I had 7 games in mind prior to seeing your thoughts...was pleasantly surprised to see that you are actually on 3 of em....miami florida, boston college, and ole miss. I am generally an underdog bettor, especially in college football, but for whatever reason a few favorites stick out to me this week.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on my other leans...here come the doggies.....
Rice, UL Laf, New Mexico St, Indiana (Purdue off a killer loss to mich st that took away their bowl hopes, going on the road to face an Indiana team that should be out for revenge from being embarrased by them last season)

2 weeks ago I thought Oregon was the best team in college football. I still think they are very solid, but I also think they are going to lose again. Hope that I'm wrong and you sweep the board.

One last thing....Wally....get a life. You spend lots of time in gyno's thread and contribute nothing...less than nothing considering other people waste time reading your garbage. Seems like you just repeat yourself on 1 or 2 points that you aren't even right about. First off, you don't chase with house money. Secondly, how can you criticize someone that makes a large play like that for the FIRST time of the season?. As far as I've noticed gyno always increases unit size a bit in the 2nd half of the season as he has a better feel for teams. Add that to a high level of confidence and why not make a large play?

BADCO

EOG Dedicated

Good luck today Gabe and glad to see Kodiac is gone from the muck.

Apple

Banned

LeWink: Everybody I know is on Texas this week, I think the spread is a little inflated and with Reesing the backdoor is always open.. Is Texas gonna be ahead by 36 points at any point in this game???

I do agree this will be a game for Colt to pad his heisman status and stats, thats the reason I'm not betting Kansas.. GL

hustle: I specialize in the Pac-10.. But let me say something I think UCLA has a chance to blow out AZST.. Its an all or nothing game IMO. Nothing would surprise me, I just think UCLA isn't deserving of being a -4.5 fave against anyone in the conference except WSU..

smoke: Can't trust Indiana in the 2nd half. Don't follow the other teams you mentioned closely enough to give a solid opinion. thanks for the kind words man, you're a good guy.

badco: Thanks badco, you've always been a fair guy.. When I was a douche you let me know it.. Glad we're friendly again.

dddowntown

EOG Addicted

Arkansas -11.. looks like its a winner. Congrats on the the 3.5 units.

:cheers

ballerhanz

EOG Veteran

great win on Arkansas my friend. Way to shut those critics the fuck up. Tough loss on Miami but it was a small play and you nailed the 4 unit. Very solid

Apple

Banned

Actually had 8 units of action on ARKY.. But 3.5 on -11..

Thanks man.

Apple

Banned

Final

War Memorial Stadium, Little Rock, Arkansas

<TABLE class=bgBdy border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=315><TBODY><TR class=sbHdr1 align=middle><TD id=sbScoreboxPossession-200911210074 class=sbScoreboxPossession width=180 align=left></TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ1-200911210074 width=27>1</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ2-200911210074 width=27>2</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ3-200911210074 width=27>3</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ4-200911210074 width=27>4</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ5-200911210074 class=sbScoreboxNoQ5 width=22>OT</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxTotal class=sbScoreboxTotal width=27>Tot</TD></TR><TR class=sbC align=middle><TD id=sbScoreboxTeamAway-200911210074 class=sbScoreboxTeamAway align=left> Mississippi State</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ1Away-200911210074>7</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ2Away-200911210074>0</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ3Away-200911210074>14</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ4Away-200911210074>0</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ5Away-200911210074 class=sbScoreboxNoQ5></TD><TD id=sbScoreboxTotalAway-200911210074 class=sbScoreboxTotal>21</TD></TR><TR class=sbC align=middle><TD id=sbScoreboxTeamHome-200911210074 class=sbScoreboxTeamHome align=left> Arkansas</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ1Home-200911210074>7</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ2Home-200911210074>14</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ3Home-200911210074>7</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ4Home-200911210074>14</TD><TD id=sbScoreboxQ5Home-200911210074 class=sbScoreboxNoQ5></TD><TD id=sbScoreboxTotalHome-200911210074 class=sbScoreboxTotal>42</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Game Leaders

MissSt: Chris Relf
4/7 25 yds 0 TD
Ark: Ryan Mallett
18/33 310 yds 5 TD

Complete Stats

MissSt: A. Dixon
24 ATT 177 yds 2 TD
Ark: Dennis Johnson
10 ATT 47 yds 0 TD

Complete Stats

MissSt: M. Green
3 REC 14 yds 0 TD
Ark: Cobi Hamilton
3 REC 131 yds 2 TD

Complete Stats

ballerhanz

EOG Veteran

Actually had 8 units of action on ARKY.. But 3.5 on -11..

Thanks man.

My boy! Even better. Not really sure why anyone doubted you but you're a great capper. Keep it up

Thanks for the Arky play Gyno. You need to just ignore Wally. We know you are a good dude and a great capper. Cant have a banner season all the time but your in the black and worth checking out for opinions on the games your playing.

Wally.... dude. Cmon man. Give it up. Let it go. This is only making you look bad. Be proud and show us what you can do and let it stand on its own merits. You wont gain any merit by trying to take it away from someone else.