NHL picks and writeups for Nov 30th.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Spreads taken form Pinny (please, shop around for the best price)

Washington -163 at Carolina.

The Canes are the NJ Nets of hockey. The Canes have 5 wins this season. They're not as good as that indicates at this point. I'm not sure how bad they are, but its pretty bad. Its ugly in fact. The highest spread i think i've seen in NHL history for a game is like minus 300 something. I guess there could have been a team that was -400, but i don't remember it, which leaves me with this question? Can a team be SO bad that they deserve to be +500 or higher? If Carolina is winning games at a rate of 1 or 2 out of every 10, shouldn't you really get 4-1 or 5-1 for them to win a hockey game? Don't you DESERVE 4-1 or 5-1 to get them home? I don't know about you, but i need 5-1 to bet on the Canes at this point, i'm really not sure who they can beat. Washington is an elite team in the NHL, i'm not sure why Washington isn't favored by more.

NY Rangers +104 vs Pitt

This is the 2nd game of a back to back. Pitt beat the Rangers the other night in Pitt by a score of 8-3. In that game, NYR used a backup goalie who got torched beyond recognition. In the Rangers previous game, they also got torched when leading man Henny Lundqvist got pulled halfway thru the game in Tampa the night after thanksgiving. I'm going to forgive that effort and say that it was during the holidays, the guy just lost his focus, no harm no foul. In this game 2 days ago, the Rangers and Pens were really physical with each other. A bunch of fights and a late hit where the Pens player got suspended for 2 games. Rangers were pissed and called it a cheap shot. Lundqvist will be back in net and i have to imagine he'll be focused. Rangers were embarrassed in their last two games, expect a hard and determined effort. Pens haven't had recent success at madison sq garden. Pens didn't practice at all on Sunday and won't have a hard practice on Monday either. Don't know what that means however. This might be a tight, low scoring game. Two top goalies will be battling here, i can't imagine 11 goals will be scored in this one.

Detroit -152 vs Dallas

Wings played Stars about 2 weeks ago in Detroit and i saw that game on tv. Wings had a goal waved off that was very controversial. Wings were livid that a goal was waved off because of a whistle that supposedly was going to be blown, or, something like that. I don't see Dallas coming into this building and winning again. Wings were shut out in their last 2 home games, but in the game the other night vs Calgary, they didn't play all that bad. Flames goalie is great and he was great again in this game, but the Wings looked good, played hard and weren't as bad as back to back shutouts would lead you to believe. In that recent game, the goalie matchup was Jimmy Howard against Alex Auld. This game figures to be Marty Turco vs Chris Osgood, Turco has gotten torched in his last 2 starts.

K13

EOG Dedicated
Re: NHL picks and writeups for Nov 30th.

I like the rangers in this spot. I think carolina has a good chance for the upset.

Hockey is funny when it comes to lines. One of the better teams against the worst and ml is only -155.

fuck, toronto will probably beat buffalo tonight.

gl anyway though.:cheers

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Thanks Tegs, King and K. Lets see if we can get some winners.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

bizarre stat in rangers pens game...the home team is 18-0-1 in the last 19 games in this series.

That's wild.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Sounds like Ovie went down in this game on a knee-on-knee hit. Somewhere Sergei Gonchar is smiling...!

1st and Ten

EOG Senior Member

Good Job...Rangers looked sharp right up to the end....just ran out of gas

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Nyr was the right team from an emotional standpoint because they were going to be really ready to play great.....the problem they had is that they're just not that good. They were ready and played hard, but they're not good enough. Pitt is healthy again and clicking on all cylinders....they're looking like a dynasty, they are going to be really hard to keep out of the cup finals once again.

1st and Ten

EOG Senior Member

I was on Pitt and was scared shit for the first 10 minutes as NYR was absolutely dominating

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Now Ovie needs to get suspended (the same way thst Georges Laraque did). This is his third offense like this in a year. Superstar or not, it must stop!

Mammon

EOG Master

I thought you had picks today but would not bother going to page 2. GL