Stephen Wednesday Play

Stephen

EOG Addicted
Timberwolves +14 at Cavaliers

Analysis: As bad as the Timberwolves are - and they are very bad - they have been highly profitable as a road underdog of 11 or more points. They are 15-7-1 ATS the past 22 times in that role.

Consequently, Cleveland is 2-9 ATS the past 11 times it has been a double-digit favorite.

In the last six days, the Cavaliers have had narrow escapes in edging the Lakers, Thunder and Heat. All three of those games weren't decided until the end with the victories against the Thunder and Heat not being determined until the final shot.

Now come the Timberwolves.

Do you think the Cavaliers are going to take them very serious? I sure don't.

Minnesota was blown out by the Knicks on Tuesday night, 132-105. The Knicks had just lost by 50 points to Dallas in their last game. The Timberwolves played terrible against the Knicks, but none of their players logged more than 31 minutes. Only backup point guard Ramon Sessions played more than 29 minutes.

Keep in mind, the Cavaliers are playing short-handed in their backcourt with starting point guard Mo Williams out and his backup, Delonte West, also out. Third-stringer Daniel Gibson is logging major minutes.

LeBron James has been taking up much of the slack, but this will be a golden opportunity for the Cavaliers to rest their superstar leaving the backdoor wide open for Minnesota.

(Pick courtesy of thenoverreport.com)

Stephen

EOG Addicted
Re: Stephen Wednesday Play

I took +14 with Minnesota at -$1.15 on the overnight line.

Many of these NBA games fall in the mix, but to lose or get a push this way is just garbage.

I wasted nearly an hour of my life actually trying to handicap this game. I'd sure like to have that hour back. What a waste of time.

What's the point? Most of this garbage is just random anyway. I guess I'm fed up with the bullshit. :shoot:

I took +14 with Minnesota at -$1.15 on the overnight line.

Many of these NBA games fall in the mix, but to lose or get a push this way is just garbage.

I wasted nearly an hour of my life actually trying to handicap this game. I'd sure like to have that hour back. What a waste of time.

What's the point? Most of this garbage is just random anyway. I guess I'm fed up with the bullshit. :shoot:

This should have been a winner, did you watch the game? I thought forsure MIN was going to get the backdoor. It games like this that make me think the NBA is fixed.

Stephen

EOG Addicted

I agree Xbag.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but the NBA is the one sport where there's too much decided by referees. I believe a lot of what the rogue referee said.

I do believe there was some kind of conspiracy to keep the Kings out of the playoffs in favor of the Lakers a few years ago.

I'm going to concentrate more on college basketball now.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Stephen, I left a message for you in one of the other threads about this game in the main forum. I've now been involved in the two worst NBA beats this season. I had Del Negro's crappy Bulls when they coughed up a 37 point lead to the Kings.

Stephen

EOG Addicted

I totally sympathize with you Chess.

They say bad beats even out. But they don't if you're a good 'capper. Good handicappers usually are on the right side.

Luckily Thursday's card is small. I'm going to skip it.

If I didn't do this for a living, I would take the weekend off. Unfortunately I can't do that so I'll study the big Friday card.

But man this game really leaves a bad taste.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

It sure does leave a bad taste. I saw your post about toasting Rambis' eventual canning. I'll drink to that too. Good luck with Friday's card.