CAN THE BOSTON CELTICS COMPETE FOR THE TITLE?

Why not? Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo - all excellent players! All sooooooo good. Then they have a bunch of fine role players. Don't see why this team, if healthy, can win the whole thing.

Anyone agree? Or disagree? If disagree, why can't Boston play with Boston?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: CAN THE BOSTON CELTICS COMPETE FOR THE TITLE?

Possibly but they are getting old and haven't faired good at all against top teams this year. Going to be hard for them to get through Orl/Cle

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I think they were +800 the last time I looked (couple days ago). You should put in a future on them, ID.

I have been saying they are done for months, finally the media has caught on. Just not enough horses or juice to get there. A competitive team, but not a big threat to win the conference.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

This thread is almost as laughable as the one about Notre Dame making a run in the tournament. Are there no NBA or college hoops TV packages available out there in Southern California?

I love the Celtics...but they look horrible against the better teams...they seemed to have packed in the regular season...once in a while like lastnight they will play with some effort, but only to avoid looking like dogs!!

They are not a title team today!
Ray Allen comes to play every night...
Rondo is great...
PP is banged up and getting old fast...
The Big Ticket is affraid of the knee and plays at about 75% and his defense is not what it used to be...
Wallace...is on SLOW curse control and most nights avoids any physical play...rarely going inside and taking run-up 3 pointers like he is Larry Bird...:doh1
PERK...plays hard inside, but he is gaining a rep like Wallace...he always has that mean ass look on his face...I like Perk...he tells it like it is!!

The Bench is just OK imo...not a true shooter in the bunch..BigBaby is a lot better than he has been playing lately..

I wish they could get it together...but other teams like ORLANDO and Cleveland play with a lot more hearty!!

I don't see a title for the Celtics anytime soon!!

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

I love the Celtics...but they look horrible against the better teams...they seemed to have packed in the regular season...once in a while like lastnight they will play with some effort, but only to avoid looking like dogs!!

They are not a title team today!
Ray Allen comes to play every night...
Rondo is great...
PP is banged up and getting old fast...
The Big Ticket is affraid of the knee and plays at about 75% and his defense is not what it used to be...
Wallace...is on SLOW curse control and most nights avoids any physical play...rarely going inside and taking run-up 3 pointers like he is Larry Bird...:doh1
PERK...plays hard inside, but he is gaining a rep like Wallace...he always has that mean ass look on his face...I like Perk...he tells it like it is!!

The Bench is just OK imo...not a true shooter in the bunch..BigBaby is a lot better than he has been playing lately..

I wish they could get it together...but other teams like ORLANDO and Cleveland play with a lot more hearty!!

I don't see a title for the Celtics anytime soon!!

Good assessment.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Very true.

munson15

I want winners...

Too old and they're not hungry enough. all these vets have their rings already. Orlando or Cleveland will have them for lunch, in fact, I think Atlanta would beat them in the playoffs.