Can someone explain the Jets to me?

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated
Why pay LT almost exactly what you were going to pay Thomas Jones? Why cut Jones for a broken down back who at this point probably isn't as good? I'm truly confused.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Can someone explain the Jets to me?

Think it was because they didn't want to pay the roster bonus to Jones.

Mammon

EOG Master

Because he will be good on 3rd down with young Sanchez.

munson15

I want winners...

I'm with Palm here, Tomlinson's shot and they let a 1400 yard rusher leave to sign him. Usually, there's more than meets the eye with these transaction, for instance, how does Oakland get a 13th overall pick in Wimbley from the Browns so cheaply?

tripp

EOG Master

T Jones is done. Jets were right to cut him

LT is done also. Jets were silly to sign him.

I'd be happy as a Jets fan if neither of these guys were on the roster, even though I do like both guys. I don't like Greene as the primary ball carrier either for the Jets though.

Leon is still the best RB on the Jets roster..

munson15

I want winners...

Tripp, if you get Washington healthy and Greene is no flash in the pan, there will be no need for Tomlinson.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

should've kept jones.most of the jets offensive line were reportedly pissed about him being let go.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

LT can be a good sign for the Jets if he understands his role as a part time player. one of LTs problems with SD was that his carries were telegraphed, the other team knew exactly when he was getting the ball because the other team knew that LT was a big part of that team for a long time, so he was getting 'obligation' carries. With the Jets, they're not obligated to give him the ball at all, he'll do what he's told over there, and that might make him more dangerous. LT will be effective if he's used in a way that's not as predictable as the way SD used him.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

LT can be a good sign for the Jets if he understands his role as a part time player. one of LTs problems with SD was that his carries were telegraphed, the other team knew exactly when he was getting the ball because the other team knew that LT was a big part of that team for a long time, so he was getting 'obligation' carries. With the Jets, they're not obligated to give him the ball at all, he'll do what he's told over there, and that might make him more dangerous. LT will be effective if he's used in a way that's not as predictable as the way SD used him.

exactly.the jets will mix it up more where the opposing defense will be kept guessing a lot of times.they'll never know when he'll get carries unlike what was going on with san diego the last year or two.i think this will make L.T. more dangerous plus he'll have a great line to protect him too.