Worst Draft pick of all time? Report: Raiders preparing to release Russell

Integrity

EOG Master
Re: Worst Draft pick of all time? Report: Raiders preparing to release Russell

either him or leaf, but maybe him since the raiders shoulda learned from leaf- cant just go big arm qb and expect a miracle

soooooooo many other guys they couldve taken then, really set the franchise back

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

the wrong QB can fuck a franchise up for years.imagine if chargers picked manning instead of leaf? there is no doubt by now they would've won at least one super bowl.

the wrong QB can fuck a franchise up for years.imagine if chargers picked manning instead of leaf? there is no doubt by now they would've won at least one super bowl.

Or if they hadn't picked Rivers in desperation which eventually forced out Brees just as they had a shot to win it all. QB decisions are everything. If they didn't have the Rivers option I'd say they might have won two Super Bowls and the Saints would still be without one.

As I said last week getting rid of JaFat had to be the best part of trading for Campbell for the Raiders.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

Or if they hadn't picked Rivers in desperation which eventually forced out Brees just as they had a shot to win it all. QB decisions are everything. If they didn't have the Rivers option I'd say they might have won two Super Bowls and the Saints would still be without one.

your correct with that scenario too.i caught myself imagining tomlinson in his prime plus manning.they would've been unstoppable

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

The Raiders will save $6.45 million if they cut Russell this year. It should probably go without saying that there's no trade market for him.

6 and a half million dollars???? cut his fat ass now.what are they waiting on.

I believe there is no incentive to cut him between now and until the final cuts out of camp. Comes down to if they think he'll be a cancer in camp or a guy who can make the other QBs better. Or maybe they are just hoping he stuns them all and earns the starters role. But if he's not the clear cut starter then its obvious he will be released.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

Chargers got burned so bad on Leaf---traded #1 pick to Falcons who took Vick.

ballwonder

EOG Master

How much was guaranteed out of his contract. It was pretty large I thought.

<table id="sortable_table_id_0" class="wikitable sortable sortable" style="width: 100%;"><tbody><tr><th style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(168, 189, 236);" width="7%">Pick #</th> <th style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(168, 189, 236);" width="40%">NFL Team</th> <th style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(168, 189, 236);" width="20%">Player</th> <th style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(168, 189, 236);" width="13%">Position</th> <th style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(168, 189, 236);">College</th> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">1</td> <td>Oakland Raiders</td> <td>JaMarcus Russell</td> <td>Quarterback</td> <td>LSU</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">2</td> <td>Detroit Lions</td> <td>Calvin Johnson</td> <td>Wide receiver</td> <td>Georgia Tech</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">3</td> <td>Cleveland Browns</td> <td bgcolor="#ffcc00">Joe Thomas†</td> <td>Offensive tackle</td> <td>Wisconsin</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">4</td> <td>Tampa Bay Buccaneers</td> <td>Adams, GainesGaines Adams</td> <td>Defensive end</td> <td>Clemson</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">5</td> <td>Arizona Cardinals</td> <td>Brown, LeviLevi Brown</td> <td>Offensive tackle</td> <td>Penn State</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">6</td> <td>Washington Redskins</td> <td>Landry, LaRonLaRon Landry</td> <td>Safety</td> <td>LSU</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">7</td> <td>Minnesota Vikings</td> <td bgcolor="#ffcc00">Peterson, AdrianAdrian Peterson†</td> <td>Running back</td> <td>Oklahoma</td></tr></tbody></table>

calvin was the clear cut top player in the draft
joe thomas was a sure thing as a franchise LT
peterson couldve been a lock in pick if it wasnt for so many people knocking his durability

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

Who was the weird-o lineman greenbay took with all the tattos?

Timetopay

EOG Master

Gaines Adams(RIP) was a brutal pick known by all down here as well