Do we have interest for a free MMA Contest here?

JD_

EOG Veteran
Re: Do we have interest for a free MMA Contest here?

If it's free, it's for me.

JD_

EOG Veteran

You guys can count me in. Nowhere in your leagues, but I've thrown a couple of underdogs out that hit from time to time. I'll give it a go.

jd...if you throw out enough dogs, you will hit some in mma.

jeezus curran was +600 on Thursday vs. Huerta.

Tonight...Doerksen. Unreal.

Goog say.

JD_

EOG Veteran

Is there a league like mmaplayground or somewhere that lets you set up private groups? Like a fantasy football pick'em or something that auto keeps track of the picks and has a deadline to get them in? Just wondering the best approach. That way nobody could steal picks or fade if needed to gain ground. I think it should run for awhile instead of just a weekend of ppv or a strikeforce or whatever.

Just a suggestion.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Is there a league like mmaplayground or somewhere that lets you set up private groups? Like a fantasy football pick'em or something that auto keeps track of the picks and has a deadline to get them in? Just wondering the best approach. That way nobody could steal picks or fade if needed to gain ground. I think it should run for awhile instead of just a weekend of ppv or a strikeforce or whatever.

Just a suggestion.

Definitely agree with it running for a month or so. One PPV says nothing.

We can do...

Strikeforce - May 15th
UFC 114 - May 29th
Dream 14 - May 29th
UFC 115 - June 12th
Strikeforce - June 16th

I'm down for any kind of fun challenge with the big boy cards.

me vs chute.

all of us.

robyn vs. everyone

whatever. I love betting on mma. love it.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

I'm down for any kind of fun challenge with the big boy cards.

me vs chute.

all of us.

robyn vs. everyone

whatever. I love betting on mma. love it.

Prob would be more fun with everyone, and it's the same thing, it'll be me vs. you for bragging rights.

I'll throw up $150, if you want to match me, that would be cool.

If you win, you can keep it if you want. I'm going to give it to the next person under me if I win.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Then fuck off. Nobody asked you.

I'm in Chutey. I will match you. Anything fun. Will EOG match our donations so we can do something fun for the kids? THF FUCKING KIDS??!?! i HAVE A ton of ideas.

$300 cash from me and you is pretty cool for a contest, but maybe we can get a book to throw in something to bring it up to $500 or more. I haven't spoken to anyone about it, so we'll have to see.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

How exactly will the contest work? One for each event or one that spans all those events you mentioned up there?

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

How exactly will the contest work? One for each event or one that spans all those events you mentioned up there?

We'll do a month long contest. In that month we have 5 events to bet on. So, it would be like a week-long baseball contest.

Dunno how we're going to do the min/max since bread usually takes a lot more plays than me, robyn, and JD on one event. Thinking Min 2/Max 5 per event? Maybe do a -500 or higher favorite cap.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Alright. Sounds good. I'll throw in $100 myself for the contest.

if we can name the big events, i say lets maek it every figyt. oh shit i cant type.

all inclusive, nigga.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

if we can name the big events, i say lets maek it every figyt. oh shit i cant type.

all inclusive, nigga.

Doing every fight sorta sucks. Takes the skill out of selecting your plays, IMO. You don't have the opportunity to get burnt by leaving something out, or vice versa. It also makes it easier on Diogee, who doesn't know it yet, but will prob be grading everything for us, lol.

Doing every fight sorta sucks. Takes the skill out of selecting your plays, IMO. You don't have the opportunity to get burnt by leaving something out, or vice versa. It also makes it easier on Diogee, who doesn't know it yet, but will prob be grading everything for us, lol.
:LMAO

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Damn right he will! :clubbed haajajahahha

JD_

EOG Veteran

I just sent Chute a link to check out. May help with the whole thing. I didn't know if I was allowed to post links in the main board.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Sure you can as long as it's not advertisement. What's the link, bud?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

BTW, I think there should be a post minimum for this contest. Must have at least 30 posts (at EOG) in the month of May and at least 300 posts at EOG total. A couple of exceptions, of course, like Robyn will be fine. I'm just trying to make sure we don't have people using their ghosts or contest whores swarming in. If you want to participate then just make the 30 posts.

JD_

EOG Veteran

http://www.cageplay.com/groups.asp

Under "Rules" it explains their set up. Looks free and keeps track like a College football pickem season. Looks like it starts you out with $500 play money. Don't know much about the site and not affiliated in any way......just trying to help.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

http://www.cageplay.com/groups.asp

Under "Rules" it explains their set up. Looks free and keeps track like a College football pickem season. Looks like it starts you out with $500 play money. Don't know much about the site and not affiliated in any way......just trying to help.

Was going to just PM you now, lol. Looks pretty cool. My only thought would be, how has other contests gone that were hosted on other sites, will we get as many people? I think it could definitely make things easier.

JD_

EOG Veteran

I don't know Chute. Never done anything like this. I was just throwing it out there. Seemed like it would keep up with the picks, money, etc. If you guys are going to try to get a sponsor or whatever to match you, it probably wouldn't work. I know there is that site and mmaplayground. I just don't know what would work or be the best rules.

JD_

EOG Veteran

Seems like if everyone posted their plays in one thread on here, it would get hectic over a month. Plus, if I knew I needed 2 wins to catch you, I could see your plays if they got posted first and just go opposite on the last event or something. That site said it does not post plays until after the event. Would keep everyone honest.

I agree with a post count minimum too. I don't mind to help in whatever way, I just don't have extra money to put up. I wish I did, but I don't.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO alright.

I'll toss in a hundo to bring the pool to the wanted $500

JD_

EOG Veteran

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO alright.

I'll toss in a hundo to bring the pool to the wanted $500

Very nice of you all to put up money. I would like to, but just can't right now.

Good to see some generous folks still left in this crazy world.