Who has the best EOG team?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

I will let you lay 2-1 for a hundred bucks...better deal than the books are giving....you want it?
Don't wanna bet you $ really, would like to think of something fun since it's a friendly bet as well.

I'll think about something and get back to you before the series starts. :cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Timely...you do not have one position player that I would want on my team...ZERO!!!

I do like 3 of your pitchers....

tripp

EOG Master

im not sure i can do that, just because ich is so consistent so i love that. a lot of my guys are up and down but with ich you know you're getting 15-20 pretty much every week

i think you offered something like this deal with Ich in over manny, but had to make this small adjustment. could maybe throw in a 2 step guy like Harang if he had any value to you but not sure i can do more than that

tripp

EOG Master

viejo lets get some serious offers going here.

im not sure id pick polanco up off waivers, and on my current team where would i even start him? at 2b over Pedroia? at 3b over Zimmerman? c'mon, no way anyone deals a solid arm for polanco.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Although the one bat upgrade is nice, it's just not quite enough. That's why I'd want Ichi over Manny because my offense needs consistency. Elite arms have costed much more all year, and I don't feel that Manny vs. Ichiro should change the trade in your eyes so much but if it does no biggie.

It's the same thing as with MC. It may improve my offense but my pitching is worse and I lose overall points. I like the bat I'm getting but it's not an elite of elite bats. Ichiro's consistency completes the deal for me. I thought you were going to 100% accept the last deal I sent you. No biggie.

tripp

EOG Master

sent something im 95% sure you'll take

deal you just asked for but with a swap of willingham and cuddyer

tripp

EOG Master

cant do that since im hoping with beckham and figgins i at least get one guy that will hopefully break out soon and think they each have more upside.

i can do freese over beckham if you do the other deal with manny in over ichiro but thats it most likely

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

If that's fine tripp offer up Freese instead of Beckham and we got a deal. Freese is hitting better now, and was a decent size prospect, but I'll just go with the White Sox (my favorite position player in baseball) because I traded away my favorite player to you already (Danks) :(.

tripp

EOG Master

viejo no interest in medlen or ludwick so that was a 3 for 1 for oswalt and i was giving up a better pitcher than oswalt. danks/leake/rauch for oz is more than a bit too much

i like oz, but not going to pay for him as if he's roy halladay

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The difference between Freese and Beckham (which some would argue is not there, but you know I feel Becks is better) can not hold this deal up.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

viejo no interest in medlen or ludwick so that was a 3 for 1 for oswalt and i was giving up a better pitcher than oswalt. danks/leake/rauch for oz is more than a bit too much

i like oz, but not going to pay for him as if he's roy halladay

No problem...but Oz is not going cheap...

tripp

EOG Master

you know what, throw in feldman with Freese and ill do it.

i kind of wanted beckham the most out of all three 3b because his upside is soo much higher than either of the other two, but realize i can bend here and let ya keep your guy

tripp

EOG Master

No problem...but Oz is not going cheap...

oz has been lights out this year, but unless the guy gets dealt he's going to have a tough time getting wins. unbelievable really that he is 2-6 right now with the numbers he has

wouldn't deal danks for oswalt. would if Oz got dealt to the phils or dodgers, but at that point oz's value would skyrocket like cliff lee last year

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

If I do that, give me Buehrle over Willingham? I don't really want Willingham, and am a little short on SP's as is (I have 7) so giving up 2 for 1 makes me really short.

tripp

EOG Master

i can give ya a guy like pavano or harang, but not sure about buehrle. im not a big buehrle guy, especially for this league, but he'll have a lot of nice matchups in the central as the year goes on and i expect the chi sox to eventually get rolling to get him wins

i like buehrle over feldman so would just leave out feldman before adding mark.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

oz has been lights out this year, but unless the guy gets dealt he's going to have a tough time getting wins. unbelievable really that he is 2-6 right now with the numbers he has

wouldn't deal danks for oswalt. would if Oz got dealt to the phils or dodgers, but at that point oz's value would skyrocket like cliff lee last year

That accept button would be hit real fast for a Danks/Oz trade...don't make me laugh....

Timely just turned down Polanco, Ludwick, and Pence for Buckholtz...

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Tripp- Those offers werent remotely close for me. I still consider Leake a "throw-in" at this point.

tripp

EOG Master

alright nice deal. took a while to bang that one out to work for both sides, but glad it got done.

hated losing zimm and ich from my lineup, but needed the pitching, and hopefully figgins can at least put together a .250 avg to be at least startable for me

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

TH....just stashed Hudson from the Sox on my team...could be useful in July/Aug/Sept...
Couple issues with Hudson, who I am pretty high on compared to a lot of scouts, that concern me.

1. He has had three horrific starts in the minors this year, and one that was so bad I don't think there could be an excuse.

2. If the Sox trade anyone, or Freddy gets shelled for a bit longer, Hudson will become a starter in the big leagues (this obviously isn't a bad thing).

3. When he's on, he strikes people out but when he's not he gives up a lot of hits. That means his location is more important, because he doesn't have dominant stuff.

4. His motion has a lot of movement for a guy that's a location pitcher and it leads to inconsistency. The White Sox don't seem too concerned because they trust Cooper but it's still a worry.

5. The White Sox are hesitant to bring Minor League pitchers up and let them start right away. Danks was one of the few, so time will tell.

tripp

EOG Master

That accept button would be hit real fast for a Danks/Oz trade...don't make me laugh....

Timely just turned down Polanco, Ludwick, and Pence for Buckholtz...

honestly wouldn't consider it even..

Oswalt plays on one of the worst teams in baseball and if you can't get wins it's hard to score points.

Danks should end up with more wins, less losses, and a better ERA this season

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Timely-

Nice trade! You got the better end of that, imo.

Zimmerman, Floyd, Ichiro for Verlander is what it comes down to. (and then a whole bunch of throw-ins)

tripp

EOG Master

Timely-

Nice trade! You got the better end of that, imo.

Zimmerman, Floyd, Ichiro for Verlander is what it comes down to. (and then a whole bunch of throw-ins)
i think timely got great value but deal was pretty much to me:

Zimmerman, Floyd, Ich for Verly, Figgins, Cuddyer

Cuddyer will be solid, maybe finish in the top 30 for OF. Not just a scrub getting to hit in that lineup, but nothing special.

I'll drop this bum figgins if he keeps playing like a bum for another month

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Thanks MC, I was really just looking for two bats for Verly and got the bonus, struggling, arm in Floyd. I didn't mind trading the guys that were starting at the position they were replacing so it works out.

Floyd always likes pitching once it gets warm out too.

tripp

EOG Master

yeah Floyd will get it going. if you look at his numbers last year he was even worse (era over 7) till interleague started and then he was dominant for about 2 months. Had to be one of the 5-10 best pitchers for those two months, and was really solid the rest of the year.

just wasn't really important to have for me once i got verly since I'll be starting Lester/Haren/Verly every week no matter what, and Danks will be starting most weeks unless he has a below average matchup and i have good 2 steps. Have some depth with Lackey, Leake, Buehrle and Slowey so i love my staff now

just have to hope i didn't weaken my bats too much

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah, would like to figure out a way to get Danks back. :pop: I think I'm just going to stay up until the White Sox game is over and then go to bed. White Man Can't Jump just came on so we gotta watch this clearly.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Cee if I didn't get the two bats from tripp I would have taken your offer.

I liked Cee's offer, it was Rios and Burnett for Verly. I almost insta-accepted but figured I had that deal out to you first tripp so I'd wait to see what you said.

tripp

EOG Master

wouldn't believe it if you turned down that offer viejo. im likely getting raped here