So what will this story about Ken be like

mofome

Banned
Just had my second long talk with the reporter from VA. She is a doll to talk to. Wonder what the story is going to be like.

Uncle Butternutts

EOG Addicted
Re: So what will this story about Ken be like

No clue what you are referring to, but, don't be surprised if this 'doll' winds up twisting everything you said, into shit you coul never have imagined...lol

These fuckers can be outright evil man....They will twist and turn every single word to fulfill their own agenda.

J

joeybagadonuts

No clue what you are referring to, but, don't be surprised if this 'doll' winds up twisting everything you said, into shit you coul never have imagined...lol

These fuckers can be outright evil man....They will twist and turn every single word to fulfill their own agenda.

First thing that came to my mind as well, Uncle B.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

High Times

EOG Master

Just had my second long talk with the reporter from VA. She is a doll to talk to. Wonder what the story is going to be like.

I bet you have a lot of great things to say about him.

12io4j2w90

Could go to either extreme. You should look up her past articles to see her writing style.

Stephen

EOG Addicted

Mo why doesn't EOG do their own objective story about Ken?

Tragically it's the height of irony, but Ken wouldn't want to get scooped on the biggest EOG story of the year if not of all time.

mofome

Banned

This site is the story of Ken - Stephen. We could put something together - but I would need to talk with Kens mom some more and Jerry and Derek. Its not about being 'scooped' this story has been out for over a month. Its about telling it the right way.

As for letting me know whats going to be printed - yes she is going to contact me again to make sure everything she says from me is ok to print.

I imagine it will be very good.

This site is the story of Ken - Stephen. We could put something together - but I would need to talk with Kens mom some more and Jerry and Derek. Its not about being 'scooped' this story has been out for over a month. Its about telling it the right way.

As for letting me know whats going to be printed - yes she is going to contact me again to make sure everything she says from me is ok to print.

I imagine it will be very good.
good to hear. I was interviewed for articles for my old biz. One lady made me look a lot better than I am while the other worse.

mofome

Banned

I sent her a link to this thread - she had a chuckle and linked me to a few of her past articles.

Shes awesome

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Unfortunately, negative stories and sensationalism is mostly what journalists are looking for. Hopefully this won't turn into a hatchet job.

I was interviewed for a brief quote for an article many years ago and the guy totally twisted what i said. In fact, i dont even think he used what i said and just made up his own quote. When i saw that i thought that i was like "never again".

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

If the reporter of this article works for The Virginian-Pilot, the Munchkin Man lives within a short walking distance from her main office, located in Norfolk, Virginia.

Even though Ken and the Munchkin Man were roommates 20 years ago, the Munchkin Man shall decline to be interviewed, in the event that the Munchkin Man is contacted.

Very Sincerely,

Munchkin Man

You never know about what reporters will print, but a good news story about Ken hardly seems worth the time. The fact is that reporters are looking to make a name for themselves, and some story about what a nice guy he was is not going to cut it. At best, you can hope that there are nice thigs said about the man in the article that undoubtedly will bring up his deamons. You also do not know who elase the reporter has talked to, so you do not know what other stories the reporter may have heard in other interviews. People in here know what Ken wanted them to know. It could be a very different story in other circles.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I say that gambling and bettors get bad press from this journalist...hope I am wrong...

Shrink got in to big time debt gambling and took his own life it was his choice don't be surprised if your upset after the article comes out mo she might seem like a sweetheart now see if you feel the same after the article.

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

With how Ken's life ended, I don't see how this could be a very positive piece. I guess time will tell....

pvcpipe

EOG Master

I say that gambling and bettors get bad press from this journalist...hope I am wrong...

Ditto. I doubt a bunch of editorial types were sitting in the think tank saying, "How about this: we put a positive spin on the relationship between gambling and double suicides."

I was given the opportunity to speak to the same reporter. I chose to decline.

A reporter's job is to sell newspapers. The more sensational the story, the more intrest it creates. Truth has never been essential in the media game.