Why Won't Some Shops Let You Parlay Tennis Matches?

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated
I can't come up with any conceivable way they are correlated. I'd love to use some of these plays in parlays with other sports, but I understand that may be stretching it for some places. But why in the world can't you parlay two tennis matches? I've noticed the same thing with UFC. Pinnacle has pretty high limits on some of these matches so the market can't be that inefficient. Anyone have an explanation?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Why Won't Some Shops Let You Parlay Tennis Matches?

I've often wondered this myself. They seem to let you parlay Tennis in the later rounds but not in the earlier rounds.

Maybe they're afraid players have an edge in the earlier rounds- which can sometimes be a crapshoot? I don't know.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Just doesn't make sense to me. You have any strong plays tomorrow KR?

Any thoughts on the matches involving the large favorites (Murray, Nadal, Tsonga, etc.)?

rainbow

EOG Master

Because Tennis isn't a MAJOR sport........ You can't PARLAY Golf match-ups either.

It's because certain shops shade their lines towards either favorites or dogs, and that can create +EV correlations if you parlay only favs together or dogs together. From what was intimated to me about BetPhoenix, that's the reason my tennis parlays were turned off there. I always parlay medium favs when I spot off-market prices and apparently they felt more exposure to that than they were comfortable with.

rainbow

EOG Master

I'm sure they would take PARLAYS if it was a MARKET on 2 way PARLAYS, you are not going to WRITE nothing but WISEGUY PARLAYS............. the same goes to ALL the GEMICKS...

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Just doesn't make sense to me. You have any strong plays tomorrow KR?

Any thoughts on the matches involving the large favorites (Murray, Nadal, Tsonga, etc.)?

I think they'll advance so the dogs aren't really worth a shot. I am looking at some matches though. I went 1-2 today so I hope to have a better day tomorrow.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Scared.

Simple as that.

Some books let you parlay tennis, golf matchups, UFC, anything and everything. 5dimes comes to mind; I can't think of anything I've tried to parlay that it didn't let me (except correlated baseball plays).

As an aside, any chance you'd be willing to change your avatar Rogue? Not all of us are fond of seeing a naked dude everytime we log in. It is the internet, you're free to advocate for gays if that's your thing, but it would be appreciated if you'd make a change to something less gay.

rainbow

EOG Master

Scared.

Simple as that.

Some books let you parlay tennis, golf matchups, UFC, anything and everything. 5dimes comes to mind; I can't think of anything I've tried to parlay that it didn't let me (except correlated baseball plays).

As an aside, any chance you'd be willing to change your avatar Rogue? Not all of us are fond of seeing a naked dude everytime we log in. It is the internet, you're free to advocate for gays if that's your thing, but it would be appreciated if you'd make a change to something less gay.
I bet you can't even bet them a NICKEL PARLAY unless u r a SQUARE.

I'll keep my eye out for something differnt, Weinke. I'm sure there must be some great new LGBT artwork on display for Pride Month and I'd love to have an avatar that was also a piece of art in my home. Thanks for the inspiration.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

KR - I was thinking of being on the other side of some of those plays (straight and parlays - the latter which prompted the question), wanted to see if you felt any big upsets as I know you've predicted them in the past against the top seeds.

It's because certain shops shade their lines towards either favorites or dogs, and that can create +EV correlations if you parlay only favs together or dogs together. From what was intimated to me about BetPhoenix, that's the reason my tennis parlays were turned off there. I always parlay medium favs when I spot off-market prices and apparently they felt more exposure to that than they were comfortable with.

BetPhx and BetMania were the two shops I had in mind when I asked this question. Thanks for the explanation Rogue, but for the record - I support Weinke's request.

High Times

EOG Master

There is no reason except some moron bookmaker decided it wasn't worth it and everyone agreed (followed) for no reason.

It is a stupid decision no doubt, but nobody ever said bookmakers were smart.

12io4j2w90

railbird

EOG Master

Because Tennis isn't a MAJOR sport........ You can't PARLAY Golf match-ups either.

wrong answer, tennis bigger internationally than nhl,mlb and nba as far as wagering.

right answer is Carmine from Brooklyn who moved to Costa Rica didnt book it when he was back home. 5 dimes takes parlays.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Right answer is that tennis and soccer parlays with a known outcome is dangerous....

I would let anyone parlay golf matchups....

Injuries are often known before any of the bookmaker's have an idea...

railbird

EOG Master

Right answer is that tennis and soccer parlays with a known outcome is dangerous....

1. You need 2 fixed matches for a parlay
2. The "fixers" are not betting the 500 limits in Costa Rica, They are betting 5 and 6 figures at Betfair.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

1. You need 2 fixed matches for a parlay
2. The "fixers" are not betting the 500 limits in Costa Rica, They are betting 5 and 6 figures at Betfair.

Only need one with multiple hook-ups....12io4j2w90

rainbow

EOG Master

wrong answer, tennis bigger internationally than nhl,mlb and nba as far as wagering.

right answer is Carmine from Brooklyn who moved to Costa Rica didnt book it when he was back home. 5 dimes takes parlays.
You are talking about BANANAS and I'm talking about ORANGES, BOOKMAKERS WRITE WAY MORE BUSINESS IN BASEBALL AND NBA COMPARED TO TENNIS, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT MORE PEOPLE WATCHING IT, I GO BY THE ACTION OF THE SPORT, TO DETERMINE WHICH IS MAJOR, ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE MY FRIEND AS FAR AS WRITING THE ACTION...

I used to parlay tennis matches with baseball until learning my lesson with Venus Williams at -1200 or so last summer. BetUS used to allow it, but I don't know if they still do.

railbird

EOG Master

You are talking about BANANAS and I'm talking about ORANGES, BOOKMAKERS WRITE WAY MORE BUSINESS IN BASEBALL AND NBA COMPARED TO TENNIS, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT MORE PEOPLE WATCHING IT, I GO BY THE ACTION OF THE SPORT, TO DETERMINE WHICH IS MAJOR, ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE MY FRIEND AS FAR AS WRITING THE ACTION...

Not internationally, ask a REAL book like BETFAIR. One that takes 100X the action of some dirtbag credit book from Costa Rica. Betfair gets tons more tennis action than MLB. AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

High Times

EOG Master

Not internationally, ask a REAL book like BETFAIR. One that takes 100X the action of some dirtbag credit book from Costa Rica. Betfair gets tons more tennis action than MLB. AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

He's right

12io4j2w90

Maybe books don't want to much exposure on tennis ?

One could key in on one match ( like 10 two team limit parlays with the tennis match in every parlay) and effectively bet much more than the book wanted as a limit.

railbird

EOG Master

Maybe books don't want to much exposure on tennis ?

One could key in on one match ( like 10 two team limit parlays with the tennis match in every parlay) and effectively bet much more than the book wanted as a limit.

greek and 5 dimes have software that counts parlays towards the limit bet at a given number.

That isnt why they dont allow parlays. I gave the right answer 15 posts ago.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

This is true. I'm sure that's part of it.

rainbow

EOG Master

I will bet you the following 4 books don't write more in Tennis, Cris, Grande, Greek, and Pinnacle, and ask around if you are still too young in this INDUSTRY to know that these are 4 MAJOR BOOKS, you haven't the SLIGHTEST idea about this my friend, the PROBLEM is you are not INSIDE to know, you are ALL SPECULATION, YOU ARE ARGUING SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE CLUELESS OF... PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN........

railbird

EOG Master

I will bet you the following 4 books don't write more in Tennis, Cris, Grande, Greek, and Pinnacle, and ask around if you are still too young in this INDUSTRY to know that these are 4 MAJOR BOOKS, you haven't the SLIGHTEST idea about this my friend, the PROBLEM is you are not INSIDE to know, you are ALL SPECULATION, YOU ARE ARGUING SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE CLUELESS OF... PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN........

Cris doesnt even offer tennis until an hr before matches start, not many serious tennis gamblers even knows Cris exists. Cris is a big fukkin joke:+textinb3 Greek baseball must be real popular with there 20 cent baseball.:+textinb3

Bottom line is Cris and Grande are a fukkin joke. And are run by dipshits.

Europeans and Austrailians out gamble Americans at a rate of 10 to 1 when it comes to sports gambling.

Baseball is a boring joke and many dont even know the sport exists outside of dumbshit Americans.

Your the 1 without a fukkin clue.

rainbow

EOG Master

Cris doesnt even offer tennis until an hr before matches start, not many serious tennis gamblers even knows Cris exists. Cris is a big fukkin joke:+textinb3 Greek baseball must be real popular with there 20 cent baseball.:+textinb3

Europeans and Austrailians out gamble Americans at a rate of 10 to 1 when it comes to sports gambling.

Baseball is a boring joke and many dont even know the sport exists outside of dumbshit Americans.

You too SMART for me, later..........

Parlays can be used to circumvent limits depending upon the software used.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

im on this one for WED!

5 dimes

$33.00 $16,432.06 Pending 3 Team Parlay
Pending 6/23/10 11:00am ATP Tennis 102 Ilija Bozoljac +2890* vs Roger Federer
Pending 6/23/10 10:00am ATP Tennis 118 Benjamin Becker +307* vs Tomas Berdych
Pending 6/23/10 8:30am ATP Tennis 158 Teimuraz Gabashvili +310* vs Philipp Kohlschreiber

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Your service doesn't release the games until after they start....

CRIS and GRANDE are run by some of the most respected individuals in the business...get a clue...

railbird

EOG Master

Viejo,

Europeans dont even know a shithole like Grande exists. If Cris were a responsible book they would hire more talented people like Pinnacle did. Cant even put up ncaa hoop totals until Christmas.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Viejo,

Europeans dont even know a shithole like Grande exists. If Cris were a responsible book they would hire more talented people like Pinnacle did. Cant even put up ncaa hoop totals until Christmas.

Europeans are not interested in your traditional American sports....more into soccer, golf, rugby,crickett, and horse racing...different clientele...

I'm sure CRIS and GRANDE are not losing any sleep over your refusal to play there...

You would be smart to look into the European market for your business...I suspect the gambling world in Asia and Europe are overtaking the American stronghold on sports betting...12io4j2w90

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2933180 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 06-23-10, 12:48 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #33 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Viejo Dinosaur<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2933180", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Dedicated

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2933180 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Why Won't Some Shops Let You Parlay Tennis Matches?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by railbird

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Your service doesn't release the games until after they start....

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

im on this one for WED!

5 dimes

$33.00 $16,432.06 Pending 3 Team Parlay
Pending 6/23/10 11:00am ATP Tennis 102 Ilija Bozoljac +2890* vs Roger Federer
Pending 6/23/10 10:00am ATP Tennis 118 Benjamin Becker +307* vs Tomas Berdych
Pending 6/23/10 8:30am ATP Tennis 158 Teimuraz Gabashvili +310* vs Philipp Kohlschreiber
this did not win

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Worth a shot, tho. One of these days...the Tennis ATP favs will melt.