Never Forget

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Never Forget

One of those events that you will never forget where you were.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

In less than 1 hour it will be that day

I will NEVER forget. I was sleeping (since it happened early in the morning in CA) when the radio went off. I was listening to "The Tony Bruno Show" and he said "We are at War" and wasn't as funny as he usually is. I turned on the TV and saw................. I called a friend - woke him up - told him to turn on the TV and when he asked "What Channel" I told him "It doesn't matter"

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I was working in the Dominican Republic....played the front nine at the local course and we saw hundreds of people in front of 2 televisions....we quit playing and it took me around 2 months to play again....very devastating to watch because I couldn't imagine something like that happening.....probably the worst thing I have ever seen in my lifetime....

mr merlin

EOG Master

no. lets forget... lets see...9 years ago filthy muslims killed 3000 americans and destroyed both towers of the world trade center, and now they want to build a mosque on that site(symbol of victory), and our weak Half muslim/half christian president says opposing it means we are not tolerant of other religions. I would bet that most muslims would be incredulous that we would even think of allowing such a atrocity. How weak must we be if we cant even summon up the courage to oppose that?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

no. lets forget... lets see...9 years ago filthy muslims killed 3000 americans and destroyed both towers of the world trade center, and now they want to build a mosque on that site(symbol of victory), and our weak Half muslim/half christian president says opposing it means we are not tolerant of other religions. I would bet that most muslims would be incredulous that we would even think of allowing such a atrocity. How weak must we be if we cant even summon up the courage to oppose that?

We would like to forget the incident for sure, but we must not forget the innocents who died a very horrible way. Our brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, sons and daughters, it could have been any one of us. It could have been your family, it was random, it could have been any one of us.

Poster X

EOG Enthusiast

im guessing the japanese never forgot the hundrds and thousands of innocent people, women and children too, who were killed when we dropped the bomb on them.

but thats ok because we were at war and they werent americans.

drink your budweiser today.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

The one thing we need to keep in mind here is that while there were 19 people from HELL who did this - they do NOT "speak" for most Muslims. MOST Muslims in the USA are as disgusted at what happened as everyone else. I don't have a problem with a Mosque at Ground Zero. I think it is in poor taste but they have as much right to have a Mosque there as Christians and Catholics and so on do.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

im guessing the japanese never forgot the hundrds and thousands of innocent people, women and children too, who were killed when we dropped the bomb on them.

I'm sure they didnt forget either.

mr merlin

EOG Master

The one thing we need to keep in mind here is that while there were 19 people from HELL who did this - they do NOT "speak" for most Muslims. MOST Muslims in the USA are as disgusted at what happened as everyone else. I don't have a problem with a Mosque at Ground Zero. I think it is in poor taste but they have as much right to have a Mosque there as Christians and Catholics and so on do.
I would respectfully disagree with your assessment, I have seen no evidence either here or worldwide that most muslims are either law abiding or peaceful citizens who wish harm on no one. The muslim fanatics are not a few here or there, they number in the tens of millions and are a significant % of their membership. Take off your blinders winky - even possession of a bible is illegal in many muslim countries.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

We should never forget. Three of the people lost were clients of mine. They lived active lives, had spouses, bought homes. Others had children. I'll be seeing the mother of one of the victims this coming week. All these families' lives have been ruined. They're not statistics....they were living human beings and we should always remember them.

Wade

EOG Master

everyone dies sooner or later.