YANKEES YANKEES YANKEES YANKEES !!!

mofome

Banned
Re: YANKEES YANKEES YANKEES YANKEES !!!

hard to believe KC went 7 innings without a run vs the yanks pen.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Typically the Wildcard winner has minimum 92 wins and 95 on the high end. The Yankees have 39 games left and have 65 wins. To get to 92 wins they need to go 27-12 for a winning %.692. To get to 95 they need to go 30-9.

It will be very difficult for them to make it this year and that may be an understatement. They still have some head to head games against Boston and Tampa.

Should they go 6-0 against Boston it would appear that they have a decent chance of catching the Sox for the wild card. In reality all that will do is knock the Sox out and allow Minnesota or ChiSox to get the wild card.

You can blame injuries but that is only part of the story. The big players didnt come through when needed and the young players struggled. Giambi, Cano, Cabrerra, Kennedy all struggled out of the gate and injuries to Matsui, Wang, Posada prevented them from a decent start. They dug too much of a hole and will run out of time trying to get out of it.

On the flipside they had unexpected good years from Mussina and Damon and Joba was good when healthy.

If they miss the playoffs it will be the first time since 93. There will be lots of changes in the Bronx no doubt. Giambi, Damon, Abreau are all FA and its doubtful all three will be back.

They will go after Sabathia, Sheets and Manny hard. There is probably one last run in the cards for the core group of Jeter, Posada, Pettite and Mariano and next year might be the year.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Then again, you never know. Who would have thought it was possible to choke away the lead the Mets had last year or the Colorado run. If they do make it in they will be on an incredible roll and tough to beat. Big if at this point

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

let me set my beer down next to the cooler to say this........

:ftyankees:ftyankees:ftyankees:ftyankees

ballwonder

EOG Master

fran where the hell you been. yanks bailed me out today in one of the contests here.