Wings/Ducks ends on THE MOST Exciting play in all of Sports................

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
............a Penalty Shot. Nothing else beats it - not even close. EVERYONE at the game stands up for the ultimate "Mano y Mano" battle - this time to decide the game. BIG TIME KUDOS to the Ref for making the right call and not swallowing his whistle on the play. So many times a Ref won't blow his whistle because he doesn't want to decide the game - yet failing to call a Penalty Shot here WOULD have decided the game - in a bad way for the Ducks. KUDOS to the Ref for getting this call 100% DEAD ON RIGHT!

Go about 3:20 in for the set up and play........sorry for the ad - it comes with the hilite package

<object width="576" height="324" allowfullscreen="true"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo%20sports/site/player.swf"><param name="flashVars" value="vid=24395351"><embed width="576" height="324" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo%20sports/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=24395351"></object>

railbird

EOG Master
Re: Wings/Ducks ends on THE MOST Exciting play in all of Sports................

I would be more impressed if he called it for the road team.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I would be more impressed if he called it for the road team.

Are you saying it was a bad call? If so - you would be the only one because even Mike Babcock knew it was a good call. And actually the Wings are one of the NHL's high profile teams so if anything you would think a Ref would pass on calling something like this against them. I can't say for sure but I am close to 100% if the Wings got pulled down we would have seen the same call made.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Ducks beat the wings AND the refs. That's impressive!

sharky99

EOG Dedicated

ya that s an obvious call, good call and great way to have the game on line in OT

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

It was an obvious call and a great ending, but, by having all of these games end in a shootout, the absolute rarity of the moment is somewhat lost. Really, the end result is no different than the last guy in a shootout going with a chance to win the game.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

It was an obvious call and a great ending, but, by having all of these games end in a shootout, the absolute rarity of the moment is somewhat lost. Really, the end result is no different than the last guy in a shootout going with a chance to win the game.

Ya, it would have been way more exciting if it was during the playoffs, where there isn't a shootout