Best Horse Racing call ever?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Best Horse Racing call ever?

Tom Durkin is crazy good. He knows how to have fun. I remember when he called harness races at Balmoral Park in the early 1980s. I've always preferred Durkin over Trevor Denman.

Apple

Banned

Denman is the best and I'm not being west coast bias because I don't like the other guys.. Denman makes it look too EZ, Denman has so many million dollar calls its unbelievable..

But I must admit Durkin made me laugh with this one..

rdalert447

EOG Dedicated

Durkin's awful. He stares at the horse he bets and misses front end action all the time. Mine That Bird's win being the most glaring. I'd rather have John Imbriale any day of the week.

Apple

Banned

LOL Durkin didn't call Mine that Bird til he had 3-4 lengths.. Durkin is a little senile nowadays, he's got charm though.. He's not even in the top 7-8 anymore, but he still has charm..

I really like Dooley from Arlington and Colmus too.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

I can't recall exactly what race it was but it was a breeders cup race about 4 years ago;My buddy really liked a horse & he went off at like 9-10 to 1 & i bet it pretty hard.turns out the horse took the lead at about the 3/4 pole up the rail & won.I couldn't see the # of who won,but didn't even hear my horses name the whole race.I was at a noisy bar & had no idea who won & called my buddy right after the race & basically said"nice animal didn't even get a fu-kin call,whats up with that"?He says "what are you talkin about,he won.The retarded track announcer screwed up the call"didn't mention his name down the lane....oops. Thats Deadman

Larry Collmus(Monmouth Park) is about the best I've heard

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I can't recall exactly what race it was but it was a breeders cup race about 4 years ago;My buddy really liked a horse & he went off at like 9-10 to 1 & i bet it pretty hard.turns out the horse took the lead at about the 3/4 pole up the rail & won.I couldn't see the # of who won,but didn't even hear my horses name the whole race.I was at a noisy bar & had no idea who won & called my buddy right after the race & basically said"nice animal didn't even get a fu-kin call,whats up with that"?He says "what are you talkin about,he won.The retarded track announcer screwed up the call"didn't mention his name down the lane....oops. Thats Deadman

Larry Collmus(Monmouth Park) is about the best I've heard

Mr. Collmus had his own humorous call a few months ago.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

I don't care what you say thats hilarious:LMAOHorse racing takes hits but at times its the best

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

here is the best horse name of all time: cunning stunt. I can only imagine the call coming down the stretch cunning stunt coming up the outside... and stunning cunt nips stand pat by a nose.

Cunning Stunt Horse Pedigree
remember this horse and call well............the late great marshal cassidy did just that stunning cunt was said twice during one race call.........Kimmel had a group of owners that purposely did this with the names of their horse for fun and it usually got by the screeners.......

rainbow

EOG Master

Let me try this again.........

Last edited by a moderator:

rainbow

EOG Master

This one was one of my favorite race to watch...
Sorry for the bad grammar.... this was one of my favorite races to watch.... I better put the S after race because I know I will be corrected...LOL...

mazeltrick

EOG Addicted

LOL Durkin didn't call Mine that Bird til he had 3-4 lengths.. Durkin is a little senile nowadays, he's got charm though.. He's not even in the top 7-8 anymore, but he still has charm..

I really like Dooley from Arlington and Colmus too.

Tom Durkin sounds legally drunk most afternoons. He's horrendous these days. Trevor, like anyone who's been at it as long as he has, seems a step or two slow these days, but he's still great. I still like Michael Wrona from GGF, who called races there when i was in college - had some great one liners, including my all-time favorite- as my horse (forget her name) checked in dead last after being practically eased in the stretch, says "and it's a long way back to **, who is in a photo finish with the horse ambulance."

today, i prefer john dooley from arlington park.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Denman is the best and I'm not being west coast bias because I don't like the other guys.. Denman makes it look too EZ, Denman has so many million dollar calls its unbelievable..

But I must admit Durkin made me laugh with this one..

If you think Denman is the best you are truly missing something.Mediocre at best