Would You Like Us To Move ALL These Contest Threads Out Of This Forum?

I think that these threads should be placed elsewhere and save this forum for only CAPPING...

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Starting next week I will ask that all plays and analysis are put in one thread per the posters request a couple days back.

:cocktail

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated
I will be very happy to c this.......pain in the butt to filter through all of these contests to get info.:+waving-5

GL,

MN

THE SHRINK said:
I think that these threads should be placed elsewhere and save this forum for only CAPPING...

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated
Just another suggestion for this fine contest. It would be great if some other lines were used instead of a closing line which no one knows what it will be. 3 on Sat when picks are posted could be 2 or 4 by Sunday. Would be great if say Friday's closing line from someplace was used and then it could be psoted so all could see exactly what they are playing, line wise. Just my .o2 worth. Thanks alot

OK Guys I think we will be using the Wednesday closing line from DB and I will be handling this contest from now on ... if you have any suggestions please post them or email me at glaken@eog.com

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated
Geez, that's super. And it took just one post, thanks alot !!

While I'm on a roll, perhaps another suggestion will work, too. The tiebreakers are great, and needed, of course, but the "without going over" rule makes it pretty much a crapshoot without much reason or sanity behind it. Let's say the total falls on 47. Player A picks 48. player B takes 17. Player A loses although he is off by only 1 point whille B misses by 31 and wins. After doing hard work to come up with 4 or 5 winners then reverting to guessing seems a touch cruel & unrewarding.......... Eliminating "without going over" would fix that. Sorta reminds me of the game show "The Price Is Right". Thanks again for listening.

THE HITMAN said:
Geez, that's super. And it took just one post, thanks alot !!

While I'm on a roll, perhaps another suggestion will work, too. The tiebreakers are great, and needed, of course, but the "without going over" rule makes it pretty much a crapshoot without much reason or sanity behind it. Let's say the total falls on 47. Player A picks 48. player B takes 17. Player A loses although he is off by only 1 point whille B misses by 31 and wins. After doing hard work to come up with 4 or 5 winners then reverting to guessing seems a touch cruel & unrewarding.......... Eliminating "without going over" would fix that. Sorta reminds me of the game show "The Price Is Right". Thanks again for listening.

The price is Right ...Show Down ... Going Over always sucked....why don't we call it closest to the number and you may have to split the prize...

Is that cool with you guys?

jam

EOG Veteran
Ya, I like to read some of the analyses and it's a lot easier doing so in one thread than going in and out of each separate thread.