Question About NFL Officiating

dirty

EOG Master
I know it sucks....but I am perplexed bythe double Standard inthe leading with the Head rule.....

If any Defensive player Lowers his head to make a Tackle then he is Flagged....But a RB, TE or Reciever can lower his head at anytime to try to Run the hell over someone...

They are at just as much risk of getting hurt or hurting someone I would assume.....Just always Bugged me...:doh1

They should be flagged as well if you are going to call it.

Actually that is one of the better rule changes of recent years.

If the offensive player lowers his head, the assumption is that the defensive player knows it is coming. If a defensive player lowers his head, the offensive player probably does not see it coming.

This is most obviously the case with QB's in the act of throwing as they about to get creamed. The QB's are almost defenseless against a spear.

Please recall the XFL. They had no such rule and no team had a QB take every offensive snap.

MCP

offensive player has a ball they have to hold onto while taking those shots, they are much more vulnerable

dirty

EOG Master
I am not talking about the Obvious Spear.....but Now in the NFL if a Tackler lowers his head in the least little bit....he either gets Flagged or fined after the NFL reviews the Film.....Even some Textbook Tackles...are getting flagged and Fined.....I understand the rule change...just think they are taking ir overboard and need to make It fair....

MCP

if you wanna change something... this rule about being ruled down on the field nullifying any challenges needs to be changed. they need to let the play unravel then look at it