A horror story on what happens when the USPS loses insured ( registered) mail.....

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: A horror story on what happens when the USPS loses insured ( registered) mail.....

they have no problems pocketing some contents that are being sent..

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: A horror story on what happens when the USPS loses insured ( registered) mail.....

This is part of the reason USPS is struggling to survive- bad service. Plus, UPS, Fedex, E-mails...

You lose the guy's insured stuff ( whatever it is), pay the customer ! This is like Easystreet or similar.

Mammon

EOG Master

Insurance is not cheap either

When I worked for USPS they took registered mail very seriously.....it goes from one postal employee to the next via signature, somebody should get fired for losing registered mail.

You could have stuff worth way more than 4k.

Proving the value is very difficult on some coins ( or anything) , thus the insurance so you get paid if they lose it !

For $4,000 of insured coverage, I don't think you should have to prove shit ! Perhaps there is some item of purely sentimental value, say maybe my father's dog tags from WW2, not really worth anything ( if I had them) to anybody else.....well Dad gave them to me ! Say , my brother wants them and he's 2,000 miles away. I'm on hard times, and I agree to sell them to him $3994. So, I ship them to him registered mail and insured. USPS loses the damn momento. I can't prove value, but I had a deal, that's why I paid the premium and insured for that amount. I don't care if it is a button from grandmother's favorite sweater...if its sold for $3994, pay me that if you lose it !

I'm not trying to defraud you ( USPS) you lost it !

USPS almost can stand for U Stupid Piece of Shit.

I hated my 5+ years working there !

All I can say is you better not have too many instances of Shit like this getting lost. I've handled boxes full of stamps worth tens of thousands of dollars, you don't want that shit going missing while it is your responsibilty.

USPS gets really pissed off at employees that steal their stuff ( like a box of stamps, or their cash) and they prosecute.....They don't care as much about stealing customer's mail.....more likely they will just fire you, and not prosecute.

I just couldn't take that place on graveyard and up an resigned.....when I was able to make big money betting, I'd like that job back now !