Interesting interview with a juror from Casey Anthony trial on ABC right now

ajaysdreamplays

EOG Addicted
Re: Interesting interview with a juror from Casey Anthony trial on ABC right now

The OJ jury decision is easy to understand - those people had to go back to the 'hood to live their lives.

The Anthony jury decision, not so much.

Re: Interesting interview with a juror from Casey Anthony trial on ABC right now

My theory as to why Casey the psychopath murdered her daughter. Caylee loved her grandparents more than her mother and Casey could't stand that. And the grandparents appeared to love Caylee more than Casey and Casey couldn't stand that either. Now, Casey is acquitted and I can just hear her apologizing to her dad and brother, "I'm so sorry about the molestation thing--you know we had to make up something like that to create reasonable doubt for the jury." And when she does make that apology I hope her dad is wearing a wire.

didnt her mom admit to making those google searches

yeah..but her work computer proves she was on it during the same period of her claim..with her own pass code at her job..she says she would leave work early..lies all over the place

bottom line..not reporting the kid missing over 30 days imo

i mean at end of day i don't give a shit but just thought they hadn't substantiated the search claims.

some woman in sacramento put her baby in the microwave and killed her last month. wonder what plea she will enter into court. that would make for some drama.

Was her baby named Gouda? She might try to explain she was just trying to make a grilled cheese sandwich, and she'll no doubt walk if she gets a moronic jury like OJ's or Casey's.

If they don't have a video of her putting the kid in the microwave then the prosecution has its hands full.

Then again she isn't a cute white girl.

edit, holy shit, just googled microwave baby killed and got several different cases.

WTF is wrong with people.

Herbie

EOG Addicted

Agree with High Times. If Casey had been a man there is no way in hell she sees a not guilty verdict. 0% chance of that happening.

A black man? The deliberations are 11 minutes not 11 hours. And he get's the death penalty.

Her actions/lying, removes all reasonable doubt she wasn't responsible in some way for the death of Caylee.

An innocent person does not do the things she did.

I didn't pay any attention to the Casey trial so I have no opinion the specific case but there are clear biases against both men and blacks in death penalty cases...

Why do ordinary people who wind up on juries suddenly turn into Ally MacBeal? You put them in a jury room together and suddenly common sense goes out the window. They turn into great legal minds struggling with the vagaries of jurisprudence. The defense attorney will stoke them with this "reasonable doubt" angle, and they wind up confusing "reasonable doubt" with "beyond a shadow of a doubt." If "beyond a shadow of a doubt" were the criterion, very few people would ever be guilty, and that's what happened in the Anthony case.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

There was absolutely no proof whatsoever in this case.

What if her father did it. What if an ex boyfriend did it? What if the baby drowned. Doubtful, but not unreasonable.

We have far far too many people in jail on suspect evidence.

I'm for killing all murderers, but you gotta have proof.

I do think its funny that in Florida you can be found not guilty and then the state can try to charge you for investigating and trying you. That's comical and has to be unconstitutional if challenged.

Not that it matters now but the defense should have been the father was also molesting the little girl. And because the little girl was starting to get old enough to talk he actually killed her, and then just told Casey she drowned. That would have actually been amore plausible reason than she drowned and they all covered it up. That way it can sort of explain the 31 days. Because then casey could have said she suspected her father lied and was afraid to go home or he might kill her too and claim that was an accident as well.

But I guess they chose something they thought they could possibly make people believe.

So even though i dont believe the girl drowned, I am not sold Casey killed her either. Therefore that is more than enough reasonable doubt.

All I heard was 'cases are supposed to be about the truth'. Total bullshit, cases are about telling the most believable story that jurors will buy enough to get the result your side wants.

Truth is cases that go to juries get less than a 40% conviction rate. Might even be less than 255. That is why both sides plea so much. It expedites things, and it also guarantees people will actually do some time and not get a free walk.

So many mistakes made in this on all levels it isnt even funny, and seeing it on TV just helps show how bad the people involved in the proceedings are. Be it judges, lawyers, jurors, and witnesses. The only thing that works (for the most part) is the system. That is as long as the jury isnt too corrupted by outside influences.

waco

EOG Dedicated

31 days, 31 days, 31 days. wake up to the guys who would find her innocent. 31 days, 31 days, 31 days. whtat does that mean to you if a mother doesnt report her baby missing for 31 days. then, lied and said a nanny took her. Hello out there hello. Please explain that to me. YOU DONT NEED DNA TO CONVICT.

High Times

EOG Master

Something else that is completely assnine..

Casey (a murderer.... "remember murderers wouldn't lie") lies and lies and most of them are proven to be LIES...

This fucking retarded jury said they DIDN'T BELIEVE GEORGE ... The grandfather?

How can they even get away with this?

This can't be what they said is it?

They didn't believe the Grandfather....

FUCKING REALLY!!!!!!

High Times

EOG Master

That and the NON lie

31 days she waited and would have waited longer...

Maybe forever if it wasn't for the Grandparents demending where the little girl was at....

At first the Grandparents had no idea the girls was dead and when they knew they started to help Casey get off...

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

That and the NON lie

31 days she waited and would have waited longer...

Maybe forever if it wasn't for the Grandparents demending where the little girl was at....

At first the Grandparents had no idea the girls was dead and when they knew they started to help Casey get off...

On NBC one of the alternative jurors dismissed Casey not report her child missing and going out partying as a judgement based on emotion and they wouldn't be doing their job if they based their decisions on emotion.

Jury full of unbelievable idiots.

Yeah people can say there was no evidence so you can't convict her. Ok,set that aside.

People then say someone else may of killed her so you cant convict her.
These are the people who need to be examined thoroughly.

lying and not reporting something for 31 days isnt evidence. It is just bad behavior. Everyone lies, and they all lie for stupid reasons, not because they may have murdered someone. We dont know her reasons for lying, it was never proven. Period end of sentence.

The kid still could have died acidently and she may have not known how to handle it or she panicked or whatever. No one knows, thats the whole point of why she was found not guilty. I am sure some peopel here have drove drunk or done other stupid things when they were under the influence of something. And I am sure once they realized what they did they ran right out and told someone about it or never tried to cover it up hoping no one would find out. that is what people do. It is human nature. It doesnt even have to be nefarious.

Of all people forum posters should know the lies people tell. The Shrink lived the biggest lie of all. I am sure had people been proffered a theory that Shrink was going to kill himself and his wife even a couple days before it happened 99% of the people on the boards would have thought it was a joke. Even after it happened people thought it was a joke, then many still dont believe he is actually dead. Because it doesnt make sense. Suicide never really makes sense unless you know the people intimately. And neither does what casey did make sense, unless you know her intimately. I am sure she had reasons to do what she did, they surely arent exclusive to just having killed her daughter. because that doesnt make sense either.

All people want to do it talk and talk and talk about casey and how she was. I just know that other than mooching off her parents, and then forging a few checlks she didnt do anything crimial in 22 years. Then she suddenyl masterminds a murder of her daughter and not only that gets away with it? Had there been any evidence she was a psychopath or had deep mental problems, like everyone is trying to claim she would have done something somewhere before, or there would have been red flags. I am sure the prosecution went over her entire medical history with a fine toth comb (well maybe not considering how other apsects of the investigation went) but they should have. And had they found anything it would have been presented.

Everyone can predict and think what they want, no one knows. She went on a 31 day bender and partied it up for awhile, that still doesnt prove anything. She could have been in shock or denial or suppressed it. Because the leap the other way, that she is really that cold and heartless doesnt make sense either. Because if she was she would have probably been the type to kill small animals and pets and stuff before she moved on to her daughter, and more than likely wouldnt simply kill her daughter and stop there. So that mental thing cuts both ways. People dont just decide one day to go out and kill someone, and actually do it, then walk of like nothing happened. especially if that person is your kid that not one single solitary person could be found to say one negative thing about how you acted towards her.

People do stupid things every day. They dont all mean theyre guilty of something. Like I said look at the Shrink. most guys here would probably kill (bad choice of words but fitting) to have the life they thought he had, yet he found it so bad he didnt want to live it anymore. How do you explain that one?

cassiusclay

EOG Master

struck me odd that casey's mom tried to visit her in jail yesterday and casey refused the visit.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

lying and not reporting something for 31 days isnt evidence. It is just bad behavior. Everyone lies, and they all lie for stupid reasons, not because they may have murdered someone. We dont know her reasons for lying, it was never proven. Period end of sentence.

I agree.

Casey left her parents' home, taking her daughter with her, and didn't return for 31 days. During those 31 days, Casey's mother asked if she could see her grandkid, but Casey always made excuses, and said Caylee was with her "nanny," that didn't exist. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

Three days after leaving her parents' home, Casey borrowed a shovel from neighbor Brian Burner. "She said she wanted to borrow a shovel to dig up a bamboo root," Burner testified. Of course, a bamboo root. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

A month later, her parents receive a notice that Casey's car was in a tow yard. Her dad George goes to pick up the car. George and the tow yard attendant note a very strong smell coming from the trunk... and under testimony, both believed the odor to be that of a decomposing body. Cindy Anthony, a nurse, testified that she's familiar with the smell of a decomposing body, and when she called 911, she said, "There is something wrong. I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car." But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

Investigators find a hair that matched Caylee's, in the trunk of Casey's vehicle, and they found it was consistent with hair from a dead body. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

They found interesting Google searches on Casey Anthony's computer- how to make chloroform; how to use chloroform; neck breaking; death. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

The research group for this trial stated there was chloroform found in the trunk of Casey's car. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

We find out the same type of duct tape, plastic bags, and laundry bag that were discovered at the scene of the crime were the same found at Casey's residence. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

carolinakid

Banned

CC i guess the jail is still taping all the meetings etc and who know maybe even her defense team told here this is not the time.but again who knows but imo it may be better to wait until she out of jail if they did talk in a private setting.........ck

mr merlin

EOG Master

I agree.

Casey left her parents' home, taking her daughter with her, and didn't return for 31 days. During those 31 days, Casey's mother asked if she could see her grandkid, but Casey always made excuses, and said Caylee was with her "nanny," that didn't exist. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

Three days after leaving her parents' home, Casey borrowed a shovel from neighbor Brian Burner. "She said she wanted to borrow a shovel to dig up a bamboo root," Burner testified. Of course, a bamboo root. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

A month later, her parents receive a notice that Casey's car was in a tow yard. Her dad George goes to pick up the car. George and the tow yard attendant note a very strong smell coming from the trunk... and under testimony, both believed the odor to be that of a decomposing body. Cindy Anthony, a nurse, testified that she's familiar with the smell of a decomposing body, and when she called 911, she said, "There is something wrong. I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car." But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

Investigators find a hair that matched Caylee's, in the trunk of Casey's vehicle, and they found it was consistent with hair from a dead body. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

They found interesting Google searches on Casey Anthony's computer- how to make chloroform; how to use chloroform; neck breaking; death. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

The research group for this trial stated there was chloroform found in the trunk of Casey's car. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.

We find out the same type of duct tape, plastic bags, and laundry bag that were discovered at the scene of the crime were the same found at Casey's residence. But this isn't evidence, I'm just sayin'.
Sounds like she did it, huh? It's unlikely she'll live a happy life, she'll get a big chunk of cash from some movie deal, blow it on drugs or whatever and end up beaten to death from the next loser guy she hooks up with.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

CC i guess the jail is still taping all the meetings etc and who know maybe even her defense team told here this is not the time.but again who knows but imo it may be better to wait until she out of jail if they did talk in a private setting.........ck
Huh? She could tell her mom she killed Caylee tomorrow in jail and nothing would happen. CK, do you have any clue what you're talking about when you post things?

carolinakid

Banned

Timely i have just as much or more than anything i seen you post on the forum sir or i forgot you are god and you know all the facts like all the other lync mobs...very surprise here i didnt see you outside the courthouse holding up a sign or did i

cassiusclay

EOG Master

it's the mom going to see her part that surprises me more.

carolinakid

Banned

CC not sure here but i would be blown away more if it was george going to see here than cindy.....ck

I agree.

Too bad you weren't on the jury Kinger or better yet too bad you didn't prosecute the case. It would've only taken one intelligent juror that didn't care about going home early to argue all of Kinger's points to fellow jurors, refuse to be intimidated and eventually get the other 11 jurors to see the light. She did it. No doubt about it. There's no video of the murder being committed so the 12 idiot jurors opted for the (let's get the hell outta here and go home) easy out.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

if one of my daughters killed their daughter and i knew she did it, i think that would be the end of our relationship. if it was an accident and she used bad judgement and try to cover it up, well, i don't know what i would do.

the partying, the tattoo, the accusations and the lies, i think that would be too much for me.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

abc should have prosecuted the case, after watching these shows on the case seems like a no brainer guilty verdict.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

I agree.

Great post Kinger.

4moi- You're wrong, human behavior is evidence.

carolinakid

Banned

CC dont forget all the programs on hln too.........ck

High Times

EOG Master

The amazing part is if she did die by an accident.

Casey Anthony would have served about 2 to 4 years.

And that is exactly what she will serve.

She is a dumb bitch and ruined her life because of how dumb she is......

I agree.

How many other times had she left with the kid? How many other times had she left for days on end without returning home?

The whole asking to borrow a shovel never made sense to me and wouldnt be a surprise if the guy lied about it just to get involved. Why would she need to borrow a shovel? Did they find one in the Anthonys garage? If not why not? What other tools were in there and if most 'common tools were in there why not a shovel?

Car was in a tow yard for how long? And so many peopel smelled this smell why wasnt it torn apart then before george was even called? Casey was also missing or wherabouts unknown as well. So why would george not then get worried about casey (as well as the baby) if the smell was so bad? As for what her mother said, I am sure she could have been using hyperbole just looking to try and get some actual help.

One single hair in the trunk that was dubious at best as to how it was not only collected but what it actually meant. Defense had an expert that said it wasnt from a dead body that was just as believable as the prosecution.

I doubt anyone on these forums would pass any sort of test when it comes to google searches. So if searching for weird and evil shit were against the law 90% of the people using the internet would be on trial for murder. Was the neck broken? Not that I know of. Sio just another red herring thrown out there. Same as shovel. Why on earth would anyone need to do a search for shovel?

Why would there be ANY chlorofom in the trunk if it dissipates so fast? No way she could have made anywhere near that much to still have the numbers they tried to testify to in court. go spill some gas in your car and see if it lasts months. Not sure the exact time line, but I am sure you could find the amount of time from when the kid was last seen, or 3-5 days after that. Then the day it was finally examined by cops and these tests took place. All the experts said chloroform dissipates in short order. yet the prosecution experts all tried to put it in there (I think) at least 2 month to 10 weeks after it was supposedly used. Plus they never ever even tried to show she knew how to make it, showed she ever talked about making it with anyone, never found anything anywhere that could connect her to chloroform in any way shape or form other than some innocuous google searches and supposed residue or whatever in the trunk.

All that stuff that was found was accessible by all the familiy members so thee is no evidence whatsoever connecting it solely to casey.

The defense painted themselves into a corner with the whole drowning theory. but that was all they could say that was 'provable'. They could have just as easily said the father or the brother killed the little girl. But much harder to prove or at least hint to. But no less plausible. I dont think the kid drowned. But I dont put it out of the realm of possibility that the brother or father could have been involved. As I said a theory has to be believable to work not necessarily the truth.

The way this case played out it was some elaborate pre meditated plot that took this woman months to plan out and eventually carry out. So where did it happen? Where did she get the materials? No one saw her buying the ingredients? No one helped her? So a high school drop out searched the internet, learned how to make chloroform (did she print out directions or write it down or just memorize the formula?) then got all the ingredients (that no one could find she did) and made it (who knows where as she was apprarently crashing with people the whole time she was gone and I doubt she could afford a hotel room to make it. Unless she Mcgyvered it in a still somewhere.

People just take all the stuff she was supposed to be able to do (without ANYONE seeing her do it) for granted. But like I say theories are proffered on stuff that can maybe be proven or have a plausible explanation. But the prosecution wasnt even close to proving any of theirs. You can cite all the make believe evidence you want it still doesnt explain how the baby died, who may have actually been the last person to see her alive, or who could have killed her. I could throw out at least a dozen scenarios that people could accepts as to what happen, only a thrid of them involve casey at all. So if you can come up with that many possibilities you have more than enough reasonable doubt.

Were her actions bad? Yes, but that doesnt mean shit. It just doesnt. Like I said, just look at The Shrink and how he acted, and his wife acted (she actually posted here a few time shortly before they did what they did) so why did they do that? No one knows. For closure? For shits and giggles? I am also sure Shirnk had personal plans and people he had things ongoing with as well. So if he were planing this, which he obviously had for quite some time, what about that? Make him a bad (worse) guy? You cant judge people by their actions when you dont know the explicit reasons for those actions. Even opes on trial.

It wasnt like casey was running away either. She was found with some guy and taken in and released. Then when she was out on bail she didnt try to run away either. So she never showed any sort of flight type tendencies. She just went on a bender. I am sure she will have a story to tell when she gets out, and I doubt it involves the kid drowning. That was just what they used in court because it was easiest to make use of. but still not the most plausible. Because she could have just as easilly said her father or brother had the kid and she lied to protect them when she found out her baby was missing. Which to me would have made a better defense story than the drowning one, and also more believable. But to make that work you need to weave a much deeper story, which from what we have sen with these guys isnt that big a stretch from what might be reality. but if she calimed one of her family members had the baby then that would buy her a few days of 'bad' behavior, as she would have been on a sort of vacation while one of them watched her baby long term. It could also explain away why she may not have reported anythng herself and why she really became secretive about everything as she didnt want to implicate one of them. Obviously long term the brother makes more sense as Cyndy would have probably known if Geroge had the kid. but then again he hid an affair so who knows.

What you all want to call evidence is mostly coincidence and stuff that could just as easily implicate someone else in the house, not just casey.

The decision has been made, as beyond common sense as it is.

No point in retrying it now.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Uh, just to poke a hole in your first point (since that was wrong I didn't waste my time with the rest of your notebook on how she was innocent and normal people search "how to make chloroform" right before their child is killed and chloroform is found on her) but Casey was in contact with her mother the entire month so not sure what you mean by "Casey was missing too." Uh, no she wasn't. Her mom was talking to her daily asking where Caylee was. Good effort though.

I've literally never seen something so long, that was so wrong at the same time. Really can't believe you wasted your time writing that.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Uh, just to poke a hole in your first point (since that was wrong I didn't waste my time with the rest of your notebook on how she was innocent and normal people search "how to make chloroform" right before their child is killed and chloroform is found on her) but Casey was in contact with her mother the entire month so not sure what you mean by "Casey was missing too." Uh, no she wasn't. Her mom was talking to her daily asking where Cayless was. Good effort though.

I've literally never seen something so long, that was so wrong at the same time. Really can't believe you wasted your time writing that.

Same here. I read the first few sentences, but not the rest. Don't get me wrong- I like 4moi- he's a good poster but he's not going to convince me and we're not going to convince him. Not worth the effort of refuting the whole post, especially when I'm trying to wind down for the night.

They didnt know where she was at all times. There were a few days that she wasnt in contact with them.

As far as chloroform being found 'on her'. I didnt hear that at all. I heard two stories that said there was chloroform or some form of it in th trunk air when they tested. Which I still dont understand how it was still there. The prosecution also never showed us she actually made it, or if she even knew how. I dont ever remember anything offered that said casey made it or knew how. And even if there was some remnant of it in the trunk what does that mean? You still cant tie it to her. A few innocuous searches that they still couldnt prove casey made (despite her mother lying about them) doesnt mean much. Dont forget some guy she knew has a myspace page with chloroform in its name. So she might not have known what it was or wanted to see what it did. Or maybe she was nervous the guy was a psycho and wanted to check up on it.

Like I keep saying, I dont think the kid drowned, but I am also not convinced casey killed her, especially on purpose. There is circumstantial evidence then there is actually tying it all together, something the prosecution didnt come close to doing. I would say the defense could have not even put on a case and they would have got an acquittal. The initial vote was 10-2 for not guilty, so that shows just how little the prosecution proved.

I think people are just watching way too much TV, listening to way too many attention whores who dont know shit, using hearsay and guesses and opinions as 'evidence' and losing their minds about it. When you have scum like nancy Grace, Leonard padilla (the dog wannabe), the girl who worked for him that was supposedly caseys bodyguard, any of the loser lawyers that Nancy Grace lets talk (she cuts off the ones that make sense), and now any other loser who ever met the girl and figures they can make up a story and get a little TV time and try to bury her even more.

I mean this isnt like OJ which was so blatantly obvious what happened, no one can sit there and state without a doubt she killed that little girl on purpose. or had anything to do with the death at all. you just cant. We can guess, we can use the way she acted, but that doesnt mean shit. This case is just another example of how the vast majority of people listen to what other people have to say and then follow it like sheep, rather than trying to have an independant thought in their head and to think for themselves. or at least question what these so called 'experts' are all saying. If anything this trial exposed all those losers as not having a fucking clue as to what theyre talking about. Al these professional lawyers not understanding the fundamentals of law and just running with the public sentiment and convicting this girl with absolutely zero thought to the law they supposedly have studied mot of their lives. I just know that if I ever needed a lawyer I surely wouldnt hire any of those fucking clowns I saw stating she would be convicted.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Its funny that everyone is pissed at the jurors but not at the prosecutors.

I was sitting with 2 attorneys this weekend and they both agreed that there were way too many questions unanswered. This was not open and shut.

The jurors all disliked the defendant, so a not guilty verdict can only mean that the case against her was complete shit. Go on thinking that you know everything, but the fact is that no matter how tragic, the verdict was correct.

What is really amazing is we have a poster here who was also on tv holding up a sign that said Marry Me Casey.

I'll let you figure out who it was.