This Forum Seems To Be Down For Hours Every Other Day - Will The Problem Get Fixed???

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
Another day and another period of hours where the forum was down. I know the problem has been well documented but I as well as many others who come by the forum once every day or two are getting so turned off this forum is now my 3rd or 4th option and falling like a rock instead of 1st or 2nd. This problem has been going on for years. The mods keep claiming the problem is in the process of getting fixed but obviously the problem is getting worse not better. I'd like to hear other posters views on the situation and also like an honest answer from some mods not just we are in the process of fixing it. Is EOG ever going to have their own server or are they going to continue to use the same server and end up being a dinasour in the forum industry?:+clueless

jfhst18

EOG Veteran
Re: This Forum Seems To Be Down For Hours Every Other Day - Will The Problem Get Fixed???

and end up being a dinasour in the forum industry?:+clueless

The forum industry? There's a forum industry?

I stop by almost every day and haven't had a single problem in the last couple of weeks. Sad to hear if there are still issues--thought it was all cleaned up.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: This Forum Seems To Be Down For Hours Every Other Day - Will The Problem Get Fixed???

Another day and another period of hours where the forum was down. I know the problem has been well documented but I as well as many others who come by the forum once every day or two are getting so turned off this forum is now my 3rd or 4th option and falling like a rock instead of 1st or 2nd. This problem has been going on for years. The mods keep claiming the problem is in the process of getting fixed but obviously the problem is getting worse not better. I'd like to hear other posters views on the situation and also like an honest answer from some mods not just we are in the process of fixing it. Is EOG ever going to have their own server or are they going to continue to use the same server and end up being a dinasour in the forum industry?:+clueless

Very good post, TW. It really is inexcusable to continue having these same issues. The problem was definitely being worked on, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. It's to the point where they should scrap everything, and start on a new server. I'm not a technical person, but I would think there's a "reset button" way of finally fixing this whole issue.

It's not fair to our posters to log on the forum and experience these problems.

What more is there to say? Fix the fuckin' thing!

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated

jfhst18 - The forum was down for 6 hours last night and this morning. This forum is down 2-3 times a week for many hours not minutes each week. The problem has been going on for years without any progress.

Par for the course.
I take it as a nice surprise when the site isn't down.

makes Betphoenix look bad as well !

pvcpipe

EOG Master

guys, they have no idea what's wrong. this has been disputed but it's plain to see.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated

At least three years of problems and the situation only seems to be getting worse.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Very good post, TW. It really is inexcusable to continue having these same issues. The problem was definitely being worked on, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. It's to the point where they should scrap everything, and start on a new server. I'm not a technical person, but I would think there's a "reset button" way of finally fixing this whole issue.

It's not fair to our posters to log on the forum and experience these problems.

What more is there to say? Fix the fuckin' thing!

Well written, Kinger.

I agree with your every word except for the f-bomb in the final sentence.

Please fix our technical difficulties.

munson15

I want winners...

Not to pile on, but it is very frustrating.

buffettgambler

EOG Veteran

Maybe not enough money is being thrown at the problem?

jfhst18

EOG Veteran

jfhst18 - The forum was down for 6 hours last night and this morning. This forum is down 2-3 times a week for many hours not minutes each week. The problem has been going on for years without any progress.

Fair enough...I guess I've just been fortunate with the times that I stop by. I thought there had been progress. I'm sorry to hear it's still going on.

cheapseats

EOG Master

regardless, the site will never reach its optimum or have growth when you have the environment we see daily

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

It has been happening at the same time for the past week between the hours of 4AM to 9AM(Eastern time) each morning...steps are being taken to correct the problem and Blondie has been working to alleviate the problem...we thought we had it under control, but this is just another issue different from the past one that we had...

I am also not happy but the staff here is doing all they can to correct the situation and I understand everyone's frustrations...

lap18

EOG Dedicated

Fishhead and I would like to report no issues on our end. He's still in bed with a hangover at that time, and I am at work..
Everybody get a job and the problem is solved.

Blondie

EOG Master

There were changes made today, unfortunately we will not know until the morning whether they worked or not.

I do know for a fact there is at least one tech person and I believe more working on this issue as I have been in communication with them throughout the day today and have received word back of the changes that were done.

If these changes do not cure our issues, work will continue to be done until they are resolved

WVU

EOG Master

Fishhead and I would like to report no issues on our end. He's still in bed with a hangover at that time, and I am at work..
Everybody get a job and the problem is solved.

Billsfan?