Usa vs France Wednesday

I8Ahorse

EOG Addicted
USA to win +105

Motivation and momentum.

Hope Solo with a shutout. Abby Wambach will do the scoring.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Usa vs France Wednesday

I'll definitely be watching this game. I wasn't into the WC, but that last match against Brazil was too exciting.

Any opinion on the over/under?

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I follow the US team and Im still not sure about this game. USA has been quite erratic ( Think Forrest Gump and his box of chocolates) in the last year. They are very hard to predict. France is a good team and much better than their past so even though the USA has dominated them, their really is no applicable history to go by.

for the record, your bet is USA to win in regulation which does not include OT or PK's

I havnt made a bet yet. The o/u looks about right to me so far. Both teams can score or give up goals but big games tend to be tighly defended, nobody wants to make a mistake, so I just dont know. 1-1 seems just as possible as 2-1 to me but kinda an important difference to a o/u of 2.5

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

thats the other thing, classic college football type "sandwich" game.

USA coming off a huge win, very short rest facing a "smaller name" opponent with another huge game ( the final) looking ahead.

But its not that obvious to fade USA. They showed tremendous guts and determination last game and they have some players on that field that absolutely would not let them lose.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I follow the team enough that Im familiar with the players abilities I might wait for the lineup. They are tired, but have depth. Will some changes be made especially with an older player like sitting Shannon Boxx? If yes, USAs chances go up. If they run the same lineup out, could be quite a tired team.

Also defender Rachel Buellher red card last game is suspended. Who will be inserted in the lineup for her? Many options there and Ill make my own judgements if Pia drops the ball.

for the record, I didnt post but thought USA would nip Brazil in a tight one.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I can see a slight letdown for USA - and the long travel and 1 fewer day off than their smelly opponents won't help - but just like in 1980 when Team USA beat the USSR..........Failing to beat Finland for the Gold Medal would have made the Russia win meaningless. Same thing here - losing to Framce would make this Brazil win meaningless

Greek has this

O2.5 +120
U2.5 -175

IF I can find a "2" with U2 much closer to +100 (and it will be) I will hit it. This sure looks like a 1-0 kinda game - if that

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

USA strengths are its forwards ( loaded) and its goalie. Everyone pervs on her for her looks but Hope Solo really is the best.

They also have 3 midfielders with cannons who can just rip it from way out the box. Lloyd, Rapinoe and Cheney. France played a 2-4 game with Germany

Personally I would not bet an under 2

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

kind of warming up to USA -.5

only change appears to be Becky Sauerbrunn for the red carded Buehler. Sauerbrunn is faster and better. They really should play Lori Lindsey instead of Boxx ( this game) and Stephanie Cox instead of Amy LePelbeit all the time but that has been going on for a while.

USA showed a level of determination and flat out guts I have rarely if ever seen in sports to play Brazil an hour a man down and keep it level and somehow get it to penalty kicks where they had an edge. I think they will win this game in regulation. If the refs had not gang raped them they were on their way to beating Brazil in regulation.

But like I said earlier, USA is like a box of chocolates you never know what you gonna get

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

my best bet would be Japan Sweden under 2.5

both teams are very solid all over the field except for one thing, both are pretty bad at finishing scoring chances

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Smith was right on the money both in terms of anticipating a game with a lot of chances and in saying the USA would nip them in regulation. I say "nip" b/c this was much closer than the 3-1 score. France is better than Brazil in my opinion. More depth.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

I think the goal against USA was possibly aided by the wet field. The ball skidded faster than it would have otherwise.

This is not to take anything away from France. They played very well and it's a strong team.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Looks like good news for the US, they do not have to play Sweden again. Bad news is the Sweden team that beat them is losing 3-1 to Japan in the 83rd minute

Japan whooped that ass.
The best passing team in the world.

Wombach is like 2 ft taller than Japan's tallest player.
She might eat them
Wombzilla.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Looks like good news for the US, they do not have to play Sweden again. Bad news is the Sweden team that beat them is losing 3-1 to Japan in the 83rd minute
I think it doesn't matter to them what team they play. They're both good.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Gonna disagree here. I think if you asked USA who they would have rather played I'll say almost all would have said........Sweden. They wanted revenge and I think they would have beaten Sweden a lot easier than they will Japan