Brett Gardner, not as good as Jeter.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
His batting average is lower, he has less HR's, he's a worse defensive player, he steals less bases, he makes less happen, he sees less pitches per AB than Jeter (which means Jeter 'works the count' more) also. Oh yeah, and he plays in less games, so he's less durable.

Girardi's got it right to have Jeter at the top of the lineup and Gardner buried somewhere near the bottom because, after all, the stats don't lie. Jeter's better.

All the stats say he's better than gardner.

Re: Brett Gardner, not as good as Jeter.

Gardner for sure beats Jeter in batting average and HR and certainly must lead him in steals.

Gardner has more runs with less at bats batting mostly 8th or 9th, he makes things happen on the basepaths, He is light on RBI's, though.

If I had A-Rod to play 3rd available, I'd bench Jeter and play Nunez there and have Gardner lead off.

tripp

EOG Master

You'd start Nunez over Jeter? Lmao that's laughable

Nunez is the worst fielding player in the league and jeter is a better hitter.

I would for awhile to see how he does, if he failed badly I'd put my back-up ( Jeter) in. If I ran the NYY I never would have re-signed Jeter and I'd have bought a legit SS before the season started and plan on getting Reyes when he becomes available.

Jeter is a washed up player that does nothing but ground out or strike out.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Nunezes problem isnt fielding, its throwing. With Tex at first base, that makes eddie not as error prone, tex saves his bacon. Nunez is much faster runner so he can beat out infield hits easier and can make more happen on the bases. Nunez is extremely raw, but he's talented and has a bunch of upside, he's got a very quick bat, if he can just learn how to play the game better and be a more selective hitter, he will become better than jeter by next season.