American League MVP

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: American League MVP

right team, wrong player....

Must be nice to be Commish and get in the easiest division of all fantasy sports....

munson15

I want winners...

I'd say Adrian Gonzalez at this point. Voters rarely look at intangibles or speed and are mesmerized by the triple crown numbers.

rjt721

EOG Master

Take THis ^ guy off Boston, they're still good and in first place.

Take THIS ^ guy off NYY, they're so far in the toilet that the best plumber in America would be shaking his head.
Pitchers don't win Cy Young. See: Pedro.

rjt721

EOG Master

I'd say Adrian Gonzalez at this point. Voters rarely look at intangibles or speed and are mesmerized by the triple crown numbers.
I don't think Ellsbury will win it, but he's putting up some amazing numbers. May even pass Gonzalez in HR at this rate (only 1 behind right now).

On pace for over 25 HR and nearly 100 RBI from the leadoff spot while hitting well over .300 with 120 runs and 50 SB. There are a ton of strong candidates this year, but that's got to get him consideration.

munson15

I want winners...

I don't think Ellsbury will win it, but he's putting up some amazing numbers. May even pass Gonzalez in HR at this rate (only 1 behind right now).

On pace for over 25 HR and nearly 100 RBI from the leadoff spot while hitting well over .300 with 120 runs and 50 SB. There are a ton of strong candidates this year, but that's got to get him consideration.
I hadn't realized he was putting up those kind of power numbers. :doh1

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Ellsbury sucks. Get your hand out of his pocket. Gordo is better.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

He's more valuable than your favorite player.

Nah Nah na boo boo stick your head in doo doo.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

No question so far - Jose Bautista....and he has NO other support in the lineup. Without HIM, the Jays don't win many games at all (and he plays everyday unlike pitchers who play one in 5). He took a pitch to the head last night.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

What does a woman going through invitro fertilization has to do with this conversation. I'm sure you believe that Colon is clean though

Im not sure. I typed in "jacoby ellsbury steroid cheat" and that picture came up, so i figured it was worth posting.

Of course Colon is clean, he's been a great pitcher in the past, he's just gotten back (sort of ) to the greatness he used to have.

But, when a player goes from a weak hitting nobody to a legendary superstar overnight, its fair to ask questions. Know what i'm saying?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I understand but as he is still young he can just as easily be coming into his own.

True. He can be a great player and this is his first amazing year. I just like to question the massive turnaround, never close to showing this kind of output. Its possible he could be a Bautista type who's just figured out the game and year in and year out, we will see this type of production.

tripp

EOG Master

When was ellsbury a nobody though? He was a top prospect that was the best leadoff hitter in baseball two years ago and just hurt all of last year. The HR power this year is a bit of a surprise obviously, but he was always thought of as a guy that had 15-20 HR power anyways.

Just an insanely talented player. With Pedy was MVP over him, but it absolutely has to be between two guys at this point; Jacoby Ellsbury and jose bautista

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

When was ellsbury a nobody though? He was a top prospect that was the best leadoff hitter in baseball two years ago and just hurt all of last year. The HR power this year is a bit of a surprise obviously, but he was always thought of as a guy that had 15-20 HR power anyways.

Just an insanely talented player. With Pedy was MVP over him, but it absolutely has to be between two guys at this point; Jacoby Ellsbury and jose bautista

So every top prospect eventually turns into an MVP candidate? What does him being a top prospect have to do with anything. The stats show there's massive improvement this season, enough of an 'overnight' swing to question where this came from.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

What about Granderson, Tex and Cano, alll 3 guys have better stats than Ellsbury.

tripp

EOG Master

This year? Grandy deserves to be in the mvp discussion, but no way to the other two. Teix is hitting .250, Cano isn't in the top 10 for any major hitting category other than RBI. Grandy is solid with HRs, RBIs, runs, sb's, but his average is gonna knock him out of MVP considering plenty of guys also are studs in all those categories, but are also hitting over .300 while grandy is well under.

Ells, Jose, Pedy, A gonz, Grandy would be my top 5 for MVP as of right now.

CC might be the fav for CY young if he had better #'s vs boston. i think that might hurt him and give it to either verlander or weaver

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

This year? Grandy deserves to be in the mvp discussion, but no way to the other two. Teix is hitting .250, Cano isn't in the top 10 for any major hitting category other than RBI. Grandy is solid with HRs, RBIs, runs, sb's, but his average is gonna knock him out of MVP considering plenty of guys also are studs in all those categories, but are also hitting over .300 while grandy is well under.

Ells, Jose, Pedy, A gonz, Grandy would be my top 5 for MVP as of right now.

CC might be the fav for CY young if he had better #'s vs boston. i think that might hurt him and give it to either verlander or weaver

All the Yanks i mentioned would be .300 hitters if they were hitting in Fenway. Tex would have 40 and 100 already if he was in Fenway.

rjt721

EOG Master

All the Yanks i mentioned would be .300 hitters if they were hitting in Fenway. Tex would have 40 and 100 already if he was in Fenway.

No, all 3 would have worse numbers. Fenway isn't a HR park, while Yankee Stadium is one of the premier HR parks, particularly for left-handed hitters.