Rays break long lasting MLB record......

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Wednesday night they started a pitcher under 30 for the 705th consecutive time breaking the old record set by the Washington Senators in 1913-1917. Lot of teams could probably break this by throwing out fresh-faced kids from the farm, Rays have done a lot of winning while setting this record. That's the difference. In fact as of today with everyone healthy the future is very bright for this team, look at their current rotation:

Price (All-Star)
Cobb (stud, 1st Rays pitcher not to lose in his 1st 7 starts)
Shields (All-Star)
Hellickson (my pick for rookie of the year)
Niemann (most underrated of the bunch, no one in MLB is throwing better right now since return from injury)

And of course all under 30, in most cases well under 30. Maddon is actually using a 6-man rotation right now with Davis but I'd like to see him fall back into long relief. With him and another stud on the farm they won't have a SP problem anytime soon. I'm unhappy the way they played it this year, using Sonnestine (which I encouraged everyone here to FADE) and not going to Cobb soon enough but the 5 above I believe are top to bottom the best starting staff in baseball. Yep, I even include the Phillies in that statement. And while they've slipped too far back to make a run this year they're a team that will continue to be competitive and win a lot of ball games to close out this year and certainly the near future.

GO RAYS!! The Fountain of Youth is allegedly in Florida, The Tampa Bay Rays are proving it. 'Nuff said.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Re: Rays break long lasting MLB record......

Price (All-Star)
Cobb (stud, 1st Rays pitcher not to lose in his 1st 7 starts)
Shields (All-Star)
Hellickson (my pick for rookie of the year)
Niemann (most underrated of the bunch, no one in MLB is throwing better right now since return from injury)

And of course all under 30, in most cases well under 30. Maddon is actually using a 6-man rotation right now with Davis but I'd like to see him fall back into long relief.

A's already put up 5 in the 1st inning today. That's why I said send Davis to long relief, you got 5 very good starters without him. Very unhappy with the way Maddon has handled the staff. Between Davis and giving Sonnestine those starts he has done a bad job of handling his starters. The 5 above all have ERA's under 4, most well under that mark and some under 3 but he continues to run this guy out there? Pathetic. Same with Sonnestine when he was on the team, we wasted games with that bum on the hill when we didn't need to.