System vs. Handicapping

bumpy

EOG Veteran
Do you guys believe in systems based on criteria or handicapping on a game by game basis?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: System vs. Handicapping

I'm not a system guy. For example, if i like a horse on tape but the 'stats' say that the current jockey is 1 for 53 when he rides for that particular trainer, it won't bother me one bit. I'm betting the horse as an athlete and what the jock did in his previous 53 rides for this trainer has nothing to do with this particular horse on this particular day. If anything, its a bonus because other people will throw the horse out becuase the jock trainer combo stinks.

There's no wrong way if it works, whatever works for you is the 'right' way to do things. I would never tell anyone that they shouldnt bet off systems, to each his own.

bumpy

EOG Veteran

I have a soccer system of sorts but it's a mainly an attempt at manipulating the 3way line. Everything else is a handicapped on a case by case basis.

Integrity

EOG Master

Just like everything in life, it's wise to follow proven trends but still must look at everything on its own too :cocktail

SSI

EOG Dedicated

ill put my computer program up against anything and its not a system..

Falcon Sports

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

I'll take my nhl system over falcon's compooter. :LMAO

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

I have a soccer system of sorts but it's a mainly an attempt at manipulating the 3way line. Everything else is a handicapped on a case by case basis.

do you post your soccer ideas anyplace bumpy..can you describe in a bit more detail what your doing here with this 3 way line manipulation..im quite interested.

Integrity

EOG Master

Another question should be, 'why do people get caught up in the allure of a good system?'

Here's a good system:

"Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle."