"Big Z" retires

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Zydrunas Ilgauskas just announced his retirement after 13 years (12 with Cleveland) in the NBA.

I wonder what ONESWEETWORLD thinks about the story.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: "Big Z" retires

Smart move. He doesn't have to deal with this lockout nonsense... plus it was awful seeing him play in Miami. The guy would be the last one to run up the court, and never had the pleasure of seeing Lebron travel as he went for a layup. Sabonis is probably faster than Z at this point.

sam b.

EOG Member

And here I thought somebody had replied to to an older post from when Zenyatta retired.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Members of the Cubs upper mgmt read this and shit in their pants. Than, they realized you teased them.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

Ilgauskus is one of the very few good guys in the league. He deserves a lot of respect for sticking it out and lasting in this league. After his 4th surgery on his foot, the Cavs approached him and asked him if he wanted to retire, offering to still pay him the tens of millions still owed to him. He refused, and went through with a surgery to completely reconstruct his foot so he could come back and play again.

He has a standing offer from the Cavs for a front office job any time he wants it.. I look forward to the day they retire his number in Cleveland.