KingRevolver's ATP Picks Thread

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: KingRevolver's ATP Picks Thread

Florian Mayer +315 over Andy Murray

The winner of this match plays the winner of the Soderling-Djokovic match. And from what we've seen all year, Djokovic will be the one who advances. I'll tell you right now- Murray wants no part of The Joker.

I haven't seen anything great out of Murray. He beat the X-man (not much of a clay player) in three sets, and defeated Starace in the last round- big deal.

Meanwhile, Mayer hasn't dropped a set.

These two have never played each other before, and that benefits Mayer...

(Thanks to Levethian @ TI) Murray on Mayer:

"I've seen him play quite a few times," Murray said. "He's a very tricky player, he has some very strange shots, but he's a really good ball striker.

"He comes to the net from awkward positions on the court and plays well. His serve is probably his weakness so hopefully I can get a few looks at breaking him.

"But it's going to be a tough match. You go into all matches on this surface believing it's going to be very difficult."

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Internazionali BNL d'Italia. Rome, Italy
Sun 5/15 101 Rafael Nadal -228
10:15AM 102 Novak Djokovic +188

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I'm staying away from this match.

Murray pushed Novak to a deciding set tiebreak. A three-hour long match.

Slow conditions... revenge... it's all pointing toward a Nadal victory. But will I bet against Novak tomorrow? Heck no!

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Ivo Karlovic -170 over K. Anderson
Matthew Ebden -140 over S. Devvarman
Adrian Mannarino +120 over E. Gulbis
Dustin Brown +270 over F. Mayer

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

A.Fisher/S.Huss +120 over M.Cilic/L.Zovko
S.Aspelin/P.Hanley -130 over S.Lipsky/A.Ram
J.M Del Potro/R.Stepanek -170 over D.Nalbandian/A.Roddick

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Ivo Karlovic -170 over K. Anderson
Matthew Ebden -140 over S. Devvarman
Adrian Mannarino +120 over E. Gulbis
Dustin Brown +270 over F. Mayer

A.Fisher/S.Huss +120 over M.Cilic/L.Zovko
S.Aspelin/P.Hanley -130 over S.Lipsky/A.Ram
J.M Del Potro/R.Stepanek -170 over D.Nalbandian/A.Roddick

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Radek Stepanek +108 over I. Ljubicic (Stepanek's game will neutralize Luby's serve)

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Arnaud Clement +215 over M. Cilic (Cilic not really a grass lover. Clement playing well @ Queens Club)

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Michael Russell +550 over J. Tipsarevic (Very small bet. Tips wants none of Murray in the next round. Tank city?)

We haven't had a favorite outside of the top 5 win a major in quite a few years. At 70-1 what are your thoughts on Raonic making a deep run at Wimbledon? With his serve and volley game on this fast surface he could roll into the quarters and hedging out would be profitable. I wouldn't hesitate to let it ride if he gets there.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

We haven't had a favorite outside of the top 5 win a major in quite a few years. At 70-1 what are your thoughts on Raonic making a deep run at Wimbledon? With his serve and volley game on this fast surface he could roll into the quarters and hedging out would be profitable. I wouldn't hesitate to let it ride if he gets there.

Great question. As we know, Milos has really improved these last few months. That great serve can definitely get him out of trouble, his baseline game is a little shaky, but he's still improving as a player. We haven't really seen much from him in the last couple of months, and he's had a couple of back injuries. But I think if he gets a favorable draw then he can make a nice run. I believe he almost made the Quarters @ the Aussie Open... there's value @ 70-1 if he goes in 100%

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
KingRevolver's ATP Picks Thread

A bunch of weaker tier players but there should be some good bets that can be made between these two tourneys.

Folks are more than welcomed to post their plays in here.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Bastad and Stuttgart (Clay)

Monfils made the final @ Stuttgart last year, but he just split with his coach. This will be his first match without a coach... he might want the time off. And Hanescu made the final here a couple of years ago.

Victor Hanescu +323 over G. Monfils

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I hate betting on Chardy but this is a good spot. Kamke coming off a Grass tournament in the States. He's not prepared for the clay transition, and Chardy plays well here.

Jeremy Chardy -180 over T. Kamke

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Yes, I actually backed Bagdaddy against Melzer for a small amount. But I'm fading him in the final.

Tips going for his first ever ATP title (I know, a bit shocking). He's having his best season on tour, while Bagdaddy has been very inconsistent. He's on an upswing at the moment, though.

Tips won their last match (July 2011). He'll mentally break through and win the baseline battle.

Janko Tipsarevic -150

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Motivation a factor here and Youzhny not having the best year. Prior to his recent Davis Cup victories, he lost in the first round @ Montreal, Cinci, and U.S. Open. Also, during his lengthy (5 hours) DC match against Bellucci, Youzhny re-injured his back, and had to pull out of the Malaysian Open.

And last year here in Beijing, Youzhny lost in the first round to Luby, while Almagro gave Soderling a good match. Almagro currently ranked 11th and you can bet he's trying to breakthrough into the top 10. I'll take the Spaniard over the Russian.

Nicolas Almagro -105

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Yes, I actually backed Bagdaddy against Melzer for a small amount. But I'm fading him in the final.

Tips going for his first ever ATP title (I know, a bit shocking). He's having his best season on tour, while Bagdaddy has been very inconsistent. He's on an upswing at the moment, though.

Tips won their last match (July 2011). He'll mentally break through and win the baseline battle.

Janko Tipsarevic -150

Winner.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Motivation a factor here and Youzhny not having the best year. Prior to his recent Davis Cup victories, he lost in the first round @ Montreal, Cinci, and U.S. Open. Also, during his lengthy (5 hours) DC match against Bellucci, Youzhny re-injured his back, and had to pull out of the Malaysian Open.

And last year here in Beijing, Youzhny lost in the first round to Luby, while Almagro gave Soderling a good match. Almagro currently ranked 11th and you can bet he's trying to breakthrough into the top 10. I'll take the Spaniard over the Russian.

Nicolas Almagro -105

Loser.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Tips won his first ever ATP title a couple of days ago. Tips partied like it was 1999, and wasn't afraid to say so. Nadal is on his side of the bracket, and is last year's Champ. Tips won't bother playing here-- nothing to defend.

Dmitry Tursunov +290 over J. Tipsarevic

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Tips won his first ever ATP title a couple of days ago. Tips partied like it was 1999, and wasn't afraid to say so. Nadal is on his side of the bracket, and is last year's Champ. Tips won't bother playing here-- nothing to defend.

Dmitry Tursunov +290 over J. Tipsarevic

Winner.