Illinois -3, Michigan +3, Semo +4 (NCAAB discussion thread) -- 11/29

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Illinois -3, Michigan +3, Semo +4 (NCAAB discussion thread) -- 11/29

Kelly is such a tool. I'd like to watch a horse kick him in the face - it would maybe straighten that ugly thing out.

Sullinger has lost a lot of weight and still is fat... Craft is a monster this year.

Paging Duke. Feel free to score, too.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

This place is loaded with winners, you have to be handicapped not to be winning (sadly i havent been) :doh1

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Timely,

any wagers tomorrow?

At first glance, FSU +5 1/2 is mighty tempting but I'm not sure how that team will travel... MSU isn't a very easy place to play. That should be a limited possession game though - anything over 4 is intriguing as I'd put these teams around a pick on a neutral floor. MSU rebuilding this year.

That being said, I haven't played a thing yet. Will look at more stuff when this game ends. UNC playing a team that plays a style that they struggle with - pick and pop with the big men, and pick and pop in the corners for three.

I'm going to look at the Creighton game at half-time. SD State has been good at home this year, but Creighton is a top 20 team and I really like how they travel - Valley teams travel well because it's tough to go on the road in that conference. Creighton is the closest thing to a play as of right now.

Now onto this game for a little... Lets go points.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

That's how a white guy "dunks" over someone. They call him athletic... haha

both teams knocking down baskets now, if it wasnt for that slow start this would be at 40 already

Timely, what about Indiana-NC St? I took Indiana PK.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Timely, what about Indiana-NC St? I took Indiana PK.

Funny question, mainly because my sister and her boyfriend (my near Brother-In-Law) went to IU and are huge fans. When we were in Vegas, they both asked me what I thought of IU because they weren't so sure. I was more confident in IU this year than they were - that seems to be a common theme amongst IU fans this year. I don't like to give them a lot of credit as a Marquette fan (Crean abandon MU for IU), but he finally has his guys in place. One thing about Crean's teams at Marquette was they traveled well, and they were tough as hell. The problem is that IU is very young, so I don't care how good your coach is you won't always travel well. That being said, Verdell is a senior and he handles the ball more than anyone else on the floor for Indiana.

I haven't looked at that game at all to be honest, but when you said the game was a pick I initially liked IU. Somehow Indiana hasn't received a Top-25 vote this year, when they are a top-25 team. Zeller is a fucking monster.

The reason the line is "low" is because IU really hasn't played anyone this year. Butler isn't a tough opponent this year.

If this Duke game gets out of hand we may not see end of game fouling. :doh1

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah, Duke already getting every call. On that "blocking" foul called against Sullinger the ref pointed to the circle (in the NBA that means his foot was inside it for the block) and Sullinger wasn't with 3 feet of the circle.

Refs don't want Coach Rat to lose by too much. He may get upset and faint again like an old lady on the sideline.

Nice write up on Indiana. From what I saw out of them against Butler they could dominate when focused. I know Butler isn't the same caliber of the past two years, but then again it's clear neither is Indiana (for better).

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I really dislike Indiana, but I can put all bias' aside when talking about college basketball. They have a nice balance of upper class-men and young Crean recruits. Crean didn't get the huge stars at Marquette - he got lucky with #8 in the state of Illinois alone Dwyane Wade - he got the blue collar plays like Deiner and Novak, and was terrific with Juco's; something Marquette still does well without him. Now he's at IU and he's getting huge star recruits like Zeller, and he's getting his hidden gems like Victor Oladipo. It's a scary combination going forward - look at their class coming in next year... I mean my goodness.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Jesus did that sound like it hurt. His ass has to be killllling him right now. Hopefully he didn't break his tailbone or hip.

Wow that O/U should NEVER have been that close. I know it's still in play for some people, but who would have thought it'd go down to the wire.

That was pretty crazy. I thought the 4 consecutive missed free throws with 2 minutes left would doom us.

I was convinced Krzyzewski had money on the Under. oij213490

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Indiana quickly moved to 1 and 2 at some places. Locked in at 1 Dough.

Yeah, that is a good omen. Now if only I could get some Buffalo Wild Wings OT in the Oregon game to send it over...

Early thoughts on tomorrow's card:

Denver O/U 117.5 too low (I'd play it up to and including 118)
St. Joe's -4.5 versus Drexel looks good (took it at -4 earlier). I figured this would be -7ish
Minnesota -2.5 looks good (did not play this yet, but this is VT's first real road game; Minny not as bad as they played against Dayton).
Indiana - played this earlier at PK, now -1 or -2.