How much do you pay for auto insurance?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Ok, we now know how many miles on our cars, lets see about ins. I was being charged $680 for a year(full coverage), but just switched to a new co, for $257 for 6 months. How does that compare?

biggamer3

EOG Master
Re: How much do you pay for auto insurance?

holy crap thats crazy cheap. Here in NYC i pay 250 a month with 2 cars insured under my name

pvcpipe

EOG Master

wife and I pay $120/month for USAA (combined). it's a 500k liability/500k uninsured policy.

unsolicited advice: when that illegal runs a stop sign and puts you out of commission for awhile you'll wish you'd paid the extra couple bucks to get more uninsured coverage.

mr merlin

EOG Master

holy crap thats crazy cheap. Here in NYC i pay 250 a month with 2 cars insured under my name
I do have relatively low liability coverage 50/100, and a 1000 deductible. I dont consider it cheap though.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

if you want a tip on how to reduce your monthly fee, tell your agent you want to waive the Medpay part of your policy. Medpay is an amount, usually between 1-5 thousand that your auto insurance will use to cover your out of pocket medical expenses if you are in an accident regardless of fault.

why waive it, you ask?

because if you have good health insurance what you're paying to get the medpay a month is -EV. might save you a 700 ambulance bill, or a couple co-pays, but that's it. And if the accident WASN'T your fault, you're getting that covered on the back end, anyway.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

a tad under $500 every 6 mos so about $975/year

25/50/25
uninsured
rental car in case of an accident

a few other stuff in as well

living in So Cal i guess i can't complain - i am insured thru Mercury

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Have a multi-milliondollar Umbrella policy...................pay about 1200 per year.

Have excellent driving record.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I switched back from the new co I went to, back to my old one, new rate about $600 year.